Options

Denise Robertson - Biography channel

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
Forum Member
✭✭
How lovely is this lady? I had no idea that she was a published author.
I am off to the shops to buy one of her books this afternoon! :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean the old bag who offers rather obvious wisdom on This Morning?

Check the bargain bins, that's where any tripe she's scrawled will be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Denise very much, she's gone through a lot in her life and I think that usually her advice is spot on on This Morning. She seems like a 'normal' down to earth lady too. Oh well, I know she's got her detractors on here, but I happen to like her :)
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this biography Mrs. S. and also hadn't realised Denise was a pretty prolific writer, or quite the extent of the tragedy she'd lived through. She always seems lovely, and you could sense that everyone was extremely fond of her. She came over as a sensitive, compassionate, kind, yet no nonsense woman, with an interesting story to tell.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been writing for years, I remember my mum reading her stuff when I was quite young, family saga type stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    How lovely is this lady? I had no idea that she was a published author.
    I am off to the shops to buy one of her books this afternoon! :)

I recorded it MrsS on Sky+ but haven't watched it yet.

I like Denise - she always comes across as being kind, caring and compassionate.

Always remember an item she did for This Morning when she travelled to an African country and met these two little boys who were orphaned due to their parents dying from Aids. They only had one tomato between them which had to last two days. It certainly made me sit up and think about the amount of food we all waste in this country and how lucky we are!

Denise was so overcome with emotion and I have to admit I wept too at their plight. I believe she now sponsors them but am not 100% sure.