Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 15-05-2010, 16:41
amberbabe
Forum Member

So pleased to hear that about Lacey Turner, and I think that's a nother person who's said that Kym Marsh is not particularly pleasant.
Ooh yes, Lacey Turner was lovely! She is really shy in real life! I was talking to her for ages and she was asking where i was from, and how long i have queued to get in etc.

Kym Marsh was horrible! i asked her for a photo, and she was like okay really quickly the press want me for photos and stuff. she didn't talk to anyone.
amberbabe is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-05-2010, 20:56
pmw_hewitt
Forum Member

Haven't done amazingly on the ol' celebrity but my brother and my dad have!

I went with my brother to a tailors on Portobello Road a few weeks back as he plans for a wedding and just as we were preparing to leave, Michael Barrymore came in with his little dog. He was friendly enough, but also seemed quite low and depressed. Whether he really is, or if it is just a case of him not being the hyperactive maniac he was on TV I don't know.

Other than that, there isn't too much! I walked past John "Nasty Nick" Altman at Stevenage Train Station back in November, and apparently Kim Wilde said I was beautiful when my mum bumped into her at a record shop in Stevenage, haha!

Other people in my family have fared better! Here's a few.

- My dad used to be a painter and decorator and was working in some shop or other in London in the 1980s when George Michael wandered in. My dad said he was extremely polite and made a point of talking to everyone working in the shop. At the same place, Barbara Windsor used to walk past walking her dog and would always give them a wave and say hello.

- My mum, dad and uncle were lucky enough to get tickets for Live Aid. While going to the toilet my dad saw Sting and Bob Geldof chatting, and some girls went over to say hello, he said they both looked at the girls in disgust and ignored them. On the way out of the toilet, my dad saw Brian May and Freddie Mercury, and the same girls approached them. This time, however, Freddie and Brian were wonderful and happily signed autographs.

- My brother was at a gig by The Who a good few years back, and while going to the toilet (a theme here!) he walked past the VIP area just as Mick Jagger was walking out, talking on the phone. My brother, a huge fan of The Rolling Stones was completely starstruck and decided to hang around and wait for Jagger to hang up before going up to him! Jagger, realising what was going on, quickly made his way back into the VIP area. Just as he did, my brothers friend ran over saying "Look, Jeremy Clarkson's over there!", my brother, thoroughly unimpressed said "I couldn't care less where Jeremy Clarkson is, Mick Jagger's behind that door!", only to turn round and see that Clarkson was right next to him, looking extremely peed off!

My brother is a hairdresser and certainly meets some characters. He recently cut the hair of Uriah Heep's Ken Hensley, who was very humble about his musical career, in fact, he only mentioned anything when my brother was talking about his OWN band. "I used to be in and out of band's myself" he said. When my brother asked if he was in anything he'd have heard of, he just simply said "Well I was in Uriah Heep, we had our moment for a few years". He has also cut the hair of a Liverpudlian woman for many, many years who claims that her first date was with none other than a certain John Lennon. My brother said he's known her for years and never made any other lies or bold claims, so he's inclined to believe her. According to her, she was the worst excuse for a man she's ever met in her life. Arrogant, violent, chauvinistic, angry, sarcastic. Not unbelievable, but I still love the music!

I've had a few email conversations with Brian May and he is a wonderful man. I will be meeting him for the first time next Friday at a book signing and I really cannot wait.

I'm sure there is more, but I can't recall them yet!
pmw_hewitt is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 22:56
OrdinaryMorning
Forum Member

I've met Caroline Flack, really nice
OrdinaryMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 14:01
mintchocchip
Forum Member

Nicest:
Lacey Turner
Rob Kazinksy
Kara Tointon
Jennifer Metcalfe
Gemma Merna
Claire Cooper
Darren Jeffries
Ashley Taylor-Dawson
Ben Nicholas

Horrible:
Tina O'Brien
Louisa Lytton
Linda Lusardi
Kym Marsh

(they're all soapstars because i went to the Soap Awards)

I've always heard Louisa Lytton is really nice What did she do?
mintchocchip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 14:39
Mo from t'market
Forum Member

A workmate of mine met James and Ola Jordan, Matthew Cutler and Ian Waite in the theatre bar on the recent Strictly Professionals tour (I went to see the show the next day but wasn’t lucky enough to meet anyone ).

She said they were all really lovely people – and much better looking close up without their make-up on! My friend told them how much she enjoyed the show and said they seemed genuinely appreciative.
Mo from t'market is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 14:47
muddipaws
Forum Member

I cant say I have really met this person or that they are famous but here goes

Where my stables are a lot of the Emmerdale lot live in my village. So there I was driving out of the farm and the gate was shut, I heard this geordie voice shout " Hi pet you want me to get this for you?" Thanks so much I replied as I passed she said " I will close it for you pet no need to get out" how lovely, and she was so nice, and it was the lady that plays Val Pollard
muddipaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 15:00
sorcha_healy27
Forum Member

A friend of mine partied in the VIP section of Lillys bordello nightclub in dublin with Brandon flowers,.

he was apparently a really lovely guy and she had drinks bought for her all night long
sorcha_healy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 15:10
MJ_lives
Forum Member

A friend of mine partied in the VIP section of Lillys bordello nightclub in dublin with Brandon flowers,.

he was apparently a really lovely guy and she had drinks bought for her all night long
AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I'm unbelievably jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, I hope your friend knows how god damn lucky she is!!!!!!

Just, wow.

My cousins friend met him once and according to the friend he was absolutely lovely and spent ages talking to everyone, even people who didn't know who he was (how they couldn't, I don't know, he is possibly the most beautiful man God has gifted the planet with).

So it's good to know that he genuinely is a nice guy, cos it might have been a one off with my cousins friend.
MJ_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 15:14
sorcha_healy27
Forum Member

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I'm unbelievably jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, I hope your friend knows how god damn lucky she is!!!!!!

Just, wow.

My cousins friend met him once and according to the friend he was absolutely lovely and spent ages talking to everyone, even people who didn't know who he was (how they couldn't, I don't know, he is possibly the most beautiful man God has gifted the planet with).

So it's good to know that he genuinely is a nice guy, cos it might have been a one off with my cousins friend.

Nope- he's nice to everyone lol! and a total babe to boot! I

My claim to fame is michelle heaton and biance gascoigne in cocoon nightclub in dublin

I'm not quite in the big celeb league yet lol
Old 16-05-2010, 16:07
MJ_lives
Forum Member

[/b]

Nope- he's nice to everyone lol! and a total babe to boot! I

My claim to fame is michelle heaton and biance gascoigne in cocoon nightclub in dublin

I'm not quite in the big celeb league yet lol
Well, my biggest claim to fame is meeting Pat from Eastenders. Not quite in the same league as Lord Brandon of Flowers.
MJ_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 16:32
irishguy
Forum Member

i've posted this before on another thread so apologies to people who already read it there.

ears ago when star trek the next generation was on TV, i once had the dubious pleasure of meeting chief o'brien aka colm meaney in a hotel foyer... i was only about 12 at the time and was just staring at him, dumb struck at seeing someone from one of my favorite shows in the flesh.

seeing this he all of a sudden gave me a look of disgust and snapped 'yes, yes i'm an actor for f**ks sake' in this ridiculously over-exaggerated lawrence olivier type voice.

i was completely stunned at this reaction and probably looked as though i was about to burst into tears when this woman who had overheard the entire thing piped up saying 'standing in the background on star trek does not make you an actor you obnoxious arse'

he looked like he'd been slapped in the face with a rotten fish

i also met Zooey Deschanel in a coffee shop on the upper west side of manhattan. she was filming Gigantic there. my girlfriend worked as a barista in a coffee shop there and i was helping her open up early one morning when zooey came dashing in looking a coffee as she'd had it with the crappy trailer stuff. she was totally down to earth and really nice. got the most brilliant blue eyes. she stayed a while to get some information on belfast as she knew she'd be filming soon. i said she should give me a yell when she got hear but she never did
irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 17:03
parthy
Forum Member

Lillies? Cocoon?

*tries not to judge Sorcha*
parthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 17:30
becci27
Forum Member

I mat Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters and Brian May and Rager Taylor from Queen last week.

Brian May was lovely and Taylor Hawkins and the rest of his band, the Coattail Riders, were amazingly friendly. Total dream come true to meet a Foo!!

My daughter had her picture taken with Dani Harmen and Joe Pasquale. They were obviously tired after just performing but they were good to the kids and made my daughter's day.

Lenny Henry was just how you'd imagine, absolutely lovely. So was Leslie Grantham (funnily enough, I wasn't expecting him to be so nice!).

I find that the ones that aren't so famous are the ones with an attitude- Barry Grant from Brookside (!) was a swine! As was the bloke who made the models in the first Clash of the Titans and the one who played a double in the Jason movies! Hmmm!
becci27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 17:42
sorcha_healy27
Forum Member

Lillies? Cocoon?

*tries not to judge Sorcha*
!
Cocoon was actually OK lol!

I wasn't in Lillies
Old 16-05-2010, 19:03
parthy
Forum Member

!
Cocoon was actually OK lol!

I wasn't in Lillies
Oh, my mistake!
Old 16-05-2010, 21:19
therightdeal
Inactive Member

Snooker players:

- Jimmy White (Gentleman)
- Joe Swail
- Paul Hunter (Top lad)
- Alex Higgins (Also was lovely. I also seen him drunk when Jimmy White was playing and he claimed he could go "go up those stairs and beat White with one hand" ::P

Football:

- Neil Lennon in a pub
- The guy who introduces the soaps here in NI - Julian someone
therightdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 22:06
parthy
Forum Member

- Paul Hunter (Top lad)
R.I.P.
Old 17-05-2010, 01:36
OrdinaryMorning
Forum Member

From my experience it seems that the Emmerdale cast are a lot more nice than the other soap casts. I've heard some terrible things about the Corrie cast.
OrdinaryMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 01:44
Manic Miner
Inactive Member

I was working on London Underground back in about 1997, standing by the gates, when Tom Baker came up to me and boomed, rather theatrically "Can You Tell Me How To Get To... BAKER St please???"... so i told him

I had a vague idea who he was, not really a Dr Who fan Im afraid.

Manic Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 01:54
hardylane
Forum Member

I've been lucky to meet many artists and actors in my time in Manchester. Many Corrie folks...

Tina O Brien is a victim of "star syndrome". When she started on the show, she was lovely, and I knew her quite well. After the years on the show, she had changed. A shame

John Savident (Fred Elliot) remains the nastiest actor I have ever met. Pompous, rude... a very old-school "do-you-know-who-I-am ac-tor"

Most of the Coro cast are lovely.

I also lived next door to Shaun Ryder for 6 months, and he was a sweetie
hardylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 02:09
hardylane
Forum Member

fiz from corrie - saw her in the trafford centre and sed to her your of corrie arent you? and she goes yes i am, and if u dont mind im trying to shop and walked away from me.
You must have either caught her when she was stressed out, or some other factor. Jennie is a pretty good person.
hardylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 10:25
amberbabe
Forum Member

I've always heard Louisa Lytton is really nice What did she do?
i met her with my friend who was a big big fan of hers and she had always wanted to meet her, she managed to get a photo with her and in the photo shes turned her head to look at the press etc.

then i took one with her and someones arm got in the way so i asked for another and she said no i have to have photos for the press now!

so rude!
Old 17-05-2010, 11:38
CRM
Forum Member

John Savident (Fred Elliot) remains the nastiest actor I have ever met. Pompous, rude... a very old-school "do-you-know-who-I-am ac-tor"
God help you if you're a young male actor in the same room as Savident. The phrase "party hands" comes to mind. A sex pest, to say the least.
CRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 13:19
johartuk
Forum Member

i met her with my friend who was a big big fan of hers and she had always wanted to meet her, she managed to get a photo with her and in the photo shes turned her head to look at the press etc.

then i took one with her and someones arm got in the way so i asked for another and she said no i have to have photos for the press now!

so rude!
So basically, you'd already taken two photos with her. And you still complained when she said she had to leave? At the end of the day, you can't expect someone to happily stand around being photographed by (or with) you until the photos are to your satisfaction.

I think there's a world of difference between someone being nasty and someone upsetting you because they didn't hang around for as long as you wanted them to.
johartuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 14:49
amberbabe
Forum Member

So basically, you'd already taken two photos with her. And you still complained when she said she had to leave? At the end of the day, you can't expect someone to happily stand around being photographed by (or with) you until the photos are to your satisfaction.

I think there's a world of difference between someone being nasty and someone upsetting you because they didn't hang around for as long as you wanted them to.
i wasn't expecting that at all, i just think she could have been nicer about the whole situation, she was more bothered about having photographs taken by the press for magazines and papers rather then spending time with the fans, whereas other celebrities there had the complete opposite idea and told the photographers straight that they were currently talking to fans.