Lets ALL call OFCOM!

JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
Forum Member
Then maybe Gamu will be back in the show!!!1!1!!!.. :D:D:D:D:D

Okay all joking aside, is it just me or does every single person who is calling/mailing up Ofcom over Gamu not getting in a complete and utter tit who needs a good smack round the back of the head and reminded that Ofcom isnt your personal whinging source and is meant to be for actual tv-broadcasting law breaches :P I mean BRAINS people!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Cameron will scrap OFCOM soon.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually feel sorry for OFCOM.
  • dbx125dbx125 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _drak wrote: »
    Hopefully Cameron will scrap OFCOM soon.

Oh god yes please!

There are some people I actually believe have Ofcom on speeddial and just watch Tv to find something to complain about. A decision on the x-factor isnt a legal breach. You hadent voted for her, you hadent investing anything into Gamu so why would ofcom care about your emotional damages???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    apparently they are on a massive recruitment drive at the moment to cope with the new series of x-factor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Personally I think if you are going to complain about a tv show, you should put pen to paper and write a formal letter and post it. None of this ringing up or internet forms, if you are serious you won't mind putting the effort in.

Hopefully on the way to the postbox some will come to their senses and think "what on earth am I doing?" and go back home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I've got them on hold as I write
  • iloathedanniiiloathedannii Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fullerton wrote: »
    apparently they are on a massibve recruitment drive at the moment to cope with the new series of x-factor.

It's not just Gamu, either; there is another campaign against revealing clothes worn by presenters:

http://www.digitalspy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362601

sample:
    Simon Cowell is entitled to marry whomever he wants (though that woman looks awfully dark for an "Afghan," if you ask me). But how much of their conjugal flesh is the Nation supposed to tolerate on shameless display during Family Viewing Hours, without even a hint of a Parental Advisory?

I'm also contacting my MP, not that it will do any good mind you.

(Mrs) Edna Welthorpe, London NW6
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,452
    Forum Member
    Gamu werent that great though....

TreyC shgould've got through over Cher
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get through. It's engaged.
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are still wading through the Big Brother complaints. Gamu will be about 40 by the time they have finished with them.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to ring them, talk with a fake accent and complain about the xfactor's Racsist attitude when they didn't put bun n cheese through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    I'm going to ring them, talk with a fake accent and complain about the xfactor's Racsist attitude when they didn't put bun n cheese through.

there is a strong rumour that they may be one of the wild cards, so hold fire for now
    Forum Member
    .......I'm still on hold ...they've finished the full works of Mozart and have moved on to Benjamin Britten ..it's OK really
  • BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I called OFCOM over the amount of white people who didn't get through on the X Factor. Those X Factor guys must really despise white people.
  • ButtonmoonButtonmoon Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently over 500 people have complained according to sky news
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buttonmoon wrote: »

That's quite significant from an audience of 15M :D
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buttonmoon wrote: »

That is quite saddening.

But at the same time, more press attention.

I really hope Saturday's show is awesome, and I really hope everyone tunes in ready to vote ABK (Anyone but Katie)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »
    That's quite significant from an audience of 15M :D

Yes it's not even 0.003%! Cant believe that people are bothering.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gamu werent that great though....

TreyC shgould've got through over Cher

Oh, I've phoned about Treyc too. I want Cheryl up in court having to give the reasons for her decisions under sworn oath and I won't rest until I get justice :mad:
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fear ofcom will be a pointless waste of time. I'm going straight to the TOP!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    I fear ofcom will be a pointless waste of time. I'm going straight to the TOP!

I'm amazed David Cameron hasn't commented yet. Gordon Brown would have spoken by now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://itn.co.uk/6c1b02a095262790a792d33bf0531277.html

Over 500 complaining at this but 865 complained about Kay burley's treatment of Peter Andre and over 3000 complained at the lucie jones v jedward bottom 2 simon choosing to send lucie home debacle!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have called Oafcom and complained that Katie forgot her words twice, not once but TWICE, and yet was still put through. I have specifically pointed out to Oafcom that Katie does not have the X Factor. Not one bit.
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    what exactly is ofcom for?? for a few old bigots to complain when they see two men kissing? or perhaps for a whiny old sow face to moan when they hear the F word once or twice? what is the point of it?!
    Forum Member
    yes ...there doesn't seem to be a mysterious 'ghost in the machine' factor with katie does there?
    'More an out there and upfront I'm havin' what's mine' factor
    Maybe someone should get hold of the trade descriptions stuff ..it could be Simon's downfall:D:D