DS Forums

Dec Donnelly splits with his girlfriend

Old 24-04-2011, 13:45
Charlie Chuck
Inactive Member

to reiterate he's all man!
Just a compact version.
Charlie Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 24-04-2011, 14:09
Beautiful_Harv
Forum Member

Just a compact version.
Petite!
Beautiful_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 14:54
Orangemaid
Forum Member

I thought it was Claire Buckfield he split with, but that was years ago lol
Orangemaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 15:00
WhiteFang
Forum Member

The fond memories line is hilarious. You would use that about your old aunt or something.
LOL. Its all rather wooden
WhiteFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 15:03
WhiteFang
Forum Member

no hes taken..and not by Ayda Field...
do tell
WhiteFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 17:23
Fringo
Forum Member

Originally Posted by Blamhappy2;49618263[B
]There really is though...[/b] But I like your sentiments. I like people like you. This board does get too cynical! x
Oh you know for a fact then? Not just your supposition?

Hmmm right.
Fringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 18:31
minxymoo
Forum Member

well hes very good friends with Frank N Furter who himself has an ahem "arrangement",lets call it a lavender marriage..Frank accompanied Stoke on his Close Encounters tour a couple of years back.how apt.
minxymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 18:45
xlifeisasongx
Forum Member

Quite. Think you may have hit the nail on the head.

It always seems to be big big news when Dec either gets a girlfriend, or splits with a girlfriend! Wonder why?
He's in the media - that's what happens whenever anybody splits. Nothing more.
xlifeisasongx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 18:52
maureens
Forum Member

well hes very good friends with Frank N Furter who himself has an ahem "arrangement",lets call it a lavender marriage..Frank accompanied Stoke on his Close Encounters tour a couple of years back.how apt.
I remember the song "me and my shadow" very well just thought i would say what a nice song it is
maureens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 18:58
alfiewozere
Inactive Member

Clare has a new long term boyfriend Toby Higgins who is a muscial driector. She lives with him, her sister Julie and her husband.

I doubt she'd go back to Dec now as part of the reason they broke up was Dec's career meaning that they hardly had time together when Clare was also working, especially when touring in theatre.
And she shagged Darren Day which Dec found a bit off putting.

Not a rumour, fact, from their autobiography...
alfiewozere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 19:06
ultimatums
Forum Member

I don't think it was gentlemanly of him to go to the press. If it was an amicable split -- just leave it at that.

Good for Georgie to not follow his route.

I don't think dating Dec has played a huge part in her rise at Skysports and generally, her profile. She has a good personality and being on A League of Their Own with James Corden, Freddie Flintoff, Jamie Redknapp, and John Bishop has done a lot more for her than Dec.

Freddie Flintoff, whom she became good friends from ALOTO, gave her an exclusive interview when he announced his retirement from cricket. It was pretty good interview and probably, imho, helped score her interviews with Henry and Bolt.

So while dating Dec probably put her on people's radar, having strong sports connections with Corden, Flintoff and Redknapp helped open more doors of opportunities.
ultimatums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 20:12
PADDY75
Forum Member

The reason people are speculating and why the story is annoying, is that the Daily Mail are featuring it as a main story with a lot of detail.

It's very very PR drenched and hard to really understand why it's in the news, until you start to think why it could be...
This x1000. As far as I know he never really pimped his relationship like other celeb couples do. Just a few papped outings here and there throughout their courtship. Now all of sudden he's sharing with the world about the break up. Whether he is or he isn't is totally subjective but this whole thing does stink a little. Whatever the actual reasons are behind his blabbing.
PADDY75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 20:50
Beautiful_Harv
Forum Member

And she shagged Darren Day which Dec found a bit off putting.

Not a rumour, fact, from their autobiography...

oooh, never knew that. Poor Dec

Lavender marriage
what does that mean exactly?
Beautiful_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 21:32
minxymoo
Forum Member

oooh, never knew that. Poor Dec

Lavender marriage
what does that mean exactly?
I think you know Harv.
as do Mrs Frank and Mrs Stoke..
But lets just say Rock Hudsons marriage was lavender...very.
minxymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 21:58
trec123

Quite. Think you may have hit the nail on the head.

It always seems to be big big news when Dec either gets a girlfriend, or splits with a girlfriend! Wonder why?

Absolutely.
Ant and Dec are almost never papped when they're not working, unless Dec has a girlfriend, and then we're treated to lots of shots of them proving how loved up they are.
As someone else has said, there's a real whiff of PR about this - apparantly she's hurt because he doesn't want to committ, but I'm sure I remember reading that he split with another girlfriend because he wanted serious and she didn't.
trec123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 22:15
AoibheannRose
Forum Member

I read a lot of gossip/showbiz magazines and I can't say that I've ever seen a lot of Dec and whoever he's been going out with in them.

As for the fact that the Daily Mail is making a big story out of, this is the same paper that almost every day features a story about Suri Cruise's latest oufit/getting an icecream/just leaving the house, so it's hardly a good marker of how big a story is! I'd take it more as an indicator of a slow news week, which the past week has indeed been.

Funnily enough, I was watching Britain's Got More Talent last night and the new Ant versus Dec game, which involves them playing old style games against each, is called 'Gamelord'. Last night Dec won, leading the crew to shout 'Gamelord! Gamelord'! at him, with Dec responding by laughing whilst saying, 'That's GAME Lord, GAME lord'.

And there was also the guy doing a very camp impression of him on the main show, which he didn't seem too bothered about. I'd have thought that if what is being hinted at is the case then he wouldn't be so relaxed about that kind of thing?

Yet there is something a bit off about the 'fond memories' quote, and the fact that he's never been able to settle down does seem a bit odd. I'd give it all odds of 50/50 to be honest, and perhaps we'll never know the truth.
AoibheannRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 22:20
ultimatums
Forum Member

He's just not only talking to the DM. He's talked to the Sun and the Mirror.

That's PR overload.
Old 24-04-2011, 22:25
AoibheannRose
Forum Member

Isn't the one sentence (The Ant and Dec star, 35, said he was "upset and disappointed" by the split - adding: "I'll always have fond memories.") all he's said on the matter, a quote which I gathered from The Mail was given when he was doorstepped leaving his house and probably felt he had to say something just to get them off his back.

It's not like he's done a huge exclusive interview on 'My Heartbreak over Georgie' etc.
Old 24-04-2011, 22:34
Julie68
Inactive Member

Isn't the one sentence (The Ant and Dec star, 35, said he was "upset and disappointed" by the split - adding: "I'll always have fond memories.") all he's said on the matter, a quote which I gathered from The Mail was given when he was doorstepped leaving his house and probably felt he had to say something just to get them off his back.

It's not like he's done a huge exclusive interview on 'My Heartbreak over Georgie' etc.
100% Correct as I read it too. He just made a comment in general to the press as he was leaving his house, nothing more and nothing left.
If anything its Georgie who's spoke out not Dec.
Julie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 22:49
Stunty
Forum Member

I doubt a quote like that would be strictly true though.

He was 'fond' of her, remember, not exactly heartbroken.
Stunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 22:55
ultimatums
Forum Member

Georgie hasn't said anything except to thank people for their kinds words on twitter.

Though, her so-called friends aren't helping much by defending her by talking to the press because of the Dec stories. That's how I read it.
Old 24-04-2011, 23:17
AoibheannRose
Forum Member

Georgie hasn't said anything except to thank people for their kinds words on twitter.

Though, her so-called friends aren't helping much by defending her by talking to the press because of the Dec stories. That's how I read it.
Imaginary friends more like. I never believe any quote that's apparently from 'a friend/a source/an insider', to me that's code for 'this is the spin we want to put on this story'.
Old 25-04-2011, 11:02
*Clem*
Forum Member

^ Sometimes the 'insider' is the celebrity themselves..
*Clem* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 17:41
welshwaltzer
Forum Member

I would imagine when you are at the top of your game and as successful as Ant and Dec are
it might be difficult to trust and commit to anyone. I also think the girlfriend would have to fit
into THEIR schedule which might not suit some girls with a career of their own.
welshwaltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 22:46
Borefest
Forum Member

do you think he could get back with Claire Buckfield ?
Borefest is offline   Reply With Quote