Options

If Eurovision is in the UK in 2012 should we be allowed to choose its presenters?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
Forum Member
If the UK wins the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) tonight next year's ESC will be held in the UK.

Do you think that British television viewers should be able to vote in a poll to decide from a shortlist of ten or twenty names who should present the ESC if it is held in the UK next year?

Some of the options on such a shortlist might include more than one person (i.e. many previous Eurovision Song Contests have been presented by two people and this year there will be three presenters for the first time).

Please vote in the poll at the top of this page and comment below.

Thank you.

If Eurovision is in the UK in 2012 should we be allowed to choose its presenters? 23 votes

Yes
34% 8 votes
No
60% 14 votes
I am undecided on this subject
0% 0 votes
I have no view on this subject yet
4% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Who are 'we'. If you mean the public, why should we? Also there's a thread about this already but this one can't be merged cause of the poll (I'm pretty sure)
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It it's in the UK I'll be too busy eating my hat to think about this. Let's just settle for the Silver Jubillee and the Olympics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quizmike wrote: »
    Who are 'we'.

British television viewers - as mentioned in the first part of my first posting to this thread.
    Quizmike wrote: .....there's a thread about this already....

Er...no there is not.

There is a thread in this section of the forum titled "If UK were to host the Eurovision, who would present?"

This thread you are reading now is about whether we should be allowed to choose who would present the Eurovision Song Contest in 2012 if it were held in the UK. This thread is not about who that person or people might be (that is the subject of the other thread).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    duncann wrote: »
    It it's in the UK I'll be too busy eating my hat to think about this. Let's just settle for the Silver Jubillee and the Olympics.

I just thought I would mention that celebrations for the Silver Jubilee of Her Majesty The Queen's Reign took place in 1977. I think you mean the Diamond Jubilee of Her Majesty The Queen's Reign next year.
  • Options
    Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    There were also three presenters in the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) in Jerusalem, Israel in 1999, and also last year (2010) in Oslo, Norway.
  • Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just thought I would mention that celebrations for the Silver Jubilee of Her Majesty The Queen's Reign took place in 1977. I think you mean the Golden Jubilee of Her Majesty The Queen's Reign next year.

The golden jubilee was in 2002! :D It's the diamond jubilee next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AxG wrote: »
    It's the Diamond Jubilee next year.

Thank your for alerting me to this error so I am able to correct it in the posting from which you quote.

I meant to write Diamond Jubilee of course.

Anyway the poster I was replying to about their reference to the Silver Jubilee of Her Majesty The Queen's Reign might take the view that since we have Her Majesty The Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. and the Olympic Games next year we do not need to have the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) Final too. I think that we can also hold the ESC Final next year (if we win it today).
  • Options
    QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Terry are you a real person or Don Joly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Peter30 wrote: »
    There were also three presenters in the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) in Jerusalem, Israel in 1999, and also last year (2010) in Oslo, Norway.

Thank you for your reply Peter30.

Someone in the media here said that this year's Eurovision Song Contest is the first one with three presenters. Thank you for informing me that this is not the case.
  • Options
    James Martin 2James Martin 2 Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do I get the impression that TV Forum's resident Eurovision nut Tumble Dryer is amongst us?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, Eurovision won't be in the UK in 2012.

Blue's entry is abysmal.
  • Options
    Grim RitaGrim Rita Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British people are stupid, so no. The BBC would probably pick Graham Norton and I would be ok with that.
  • Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's wait and see if we win first, before deciding the format of next year's show ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Let's wait and see if we win first, before deciding the format of next year's show ;)

If we did win tonight's Eurovision Song Contest then some viewers might like to vote on who should present it in the UK next year.