New sky prices

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    No the reason i asked about movies was because if you get the HD Channels which i already have you already get 10 movie channels so i just assumed that came as part of the HD Channels. I will say it again all i want are the sport Channels and the Hd channels im not bothered about the movie channels not if thats going to cost more. I dont have a Sky account so i will have to make one up but then again its probably just easier giving them a call.

Sky World = Everything (movies and sports)....The HD sub add on gives you everything IN HD (or rather everything that has an HD channel attached.

Sky Sports = All sports channels (except ESPN)....The HD sub add on then gives you THOSE channels in HD.

But you do not get any movie channels within the HD sub. Not unless you pay for the movies in SD first.

The HD sub simply provides (in HD) the versions of the channels that you choose to purchase in SD via whatever mixes you subscribe to.

The one thing that is changing in September is that if you take multiroom to duplicate your channels on a second HD box you no longer need to pay a second HD sub to get these in HD on your multiroom box. At the moment even if you pay Sky World and multiroom and one HD sub you only get the FTA HD channels on the multiroom box. Sky are now ending the long standing iniquity of double charging for HD via multiroom.
  • Options
    Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazb: Just to clarify, I was talking before about Sky Movies ... but there are a bunch of free movie channels not run by Sky (e.g. Film4) (and which aren't in HD), which you get whether you're subscribed to the Movies Pack or not. I don't know if it's those free ones that you're referring to, or Sky's, but whatever pack(s) you choose, you won't get Sky's movie channels (in SD or HD) without specifically going for the Movies Pack, but you won't lose those you can already watch if you don't go for it. :)
  • Options
    ZaphodskiZaphodski Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we still certain that Sky will 'upgrade' customers with two mixes to the two new 'all channels' mixes in September for next to nothing? Playing the waiting game may be to my advantage.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Zaphodski wrote: »
    Are we still certain that Sky will 'upgrade' customers with two mixes to the two new 'all channels' mixes in September for next to nothing? Playing the waiting game may be to my advantage.....
    I queried this via MySky and received a reply which guarantees me my 2-mix subscription will cost £20.50 in perpetuity!
    Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

Having checked the details of your account, you've subscribed to Variety pack + Knowledge pack. Your current bill is showing £20.50 and it will remain the same unless and untill you make any changes to your package.
    Needless to say, I do not intend to make any changes to my package!
  • Options
    abwabw Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I only subscribe to the News & Events mix, as (apart from FTA channels) I only watch Eurosport & Motors TV.

Apparently those on only 1 mix will be moved to the 'entertainment' mix for 50p extra, but what if your current mix is only in the 'entertainment plus' mix?
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abw wrote: »
    I only subscribe to the News & Events mix, as (apart from FTA channels) I only watch Eurosport & Motors TV.

Apparently those on only 1 mix will be moved to the 'entertainment' mix for 50p extra, but what if your current mix is only in the 'entertainment plus' mix?

Latest pricing information here
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1495217
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 3 mixes. so from tomorrow will i get all 6 until next year?
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,942
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I have 3 mixes. so from tomorrow will i get all 6 until next year?
    Yes you will, you are now on Entertainment Extra with your price frozen as it was.
    After a year you will move to paying whatever the Entertainment Extra price is at that point, which will almost certainly be a significant increase.
    The only thing you can then do to reduce the price again is downgrade to Entertainment, but you will lose a lot of channels.
    :(
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    After a year you will move to paying whatever the Entertainment Extra price is at that point, which will almost certainly be a significant increase.
    :(

Sorry, but that is not yet been proven as a fact, and i bet even Sky don't know what they will be doin next year.

Yes, in theory, thats what should happen, but we do not know for sure yet, they can just as easily keep everyone on an offer, whereby they increase the price by £2 a year, till it catches up with the correct price, which will probably increase by £1 a year.

2011 £20.50 should be £25
    2012 £22.50 should be £26
    2013 £24.50 should be £27
    2014 £26.50 should be £28
    2015 £28 is £28