Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Wow, Ken had Barbara all to himself for a while there. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Gloria123 wrote: »

Hi Glo - how are you. I'm trying to stay awake enough to watch the tennis. I'm looking forward to the radio plays.
    Forum Member
    Tumpy wrote: »
    Hi Glo - how are you. I'm trying to stay awake enough to watch the tennis. I'm looking forward to the radio plays.

I'm also watching the tennis and just informed Mr T that Andy Murray is not on until later. Should have seen his face. lol

I'm really looking forward to the Torchwood plays, will whet the appetite before the big thing. :)
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Yes, very much looking forward to the plays! That reminds me that I keep promising myself I will get back up to date with the BF audios as I am a year or two behind...
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lucky her husband's not here. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the other day I had this odd Doctor Who dream.

I assume the villain was the Master, although I never got a good look at him. He was implementing one of his grandiose Mastery plots and there was only one thing that could stop him in the nick of time. Dunno what the thing was, but the Doctor (Troughton) had to buy it at a certain supermarket and the manager of the supermarket was none other than the Master. It was also made quite clear that the thing would only work after it was paid for.

That's where the Master's evil genius came in. He had jammed all the signals to the credit card approval thingies so the Doctor couldn't possibly pay for his purchase and therefore the Master would win. The Master stood nearby gloating as the Doctor tried to buy the thing, without results. As the Master began to laugh he never noticed the Doctor inconspicuously slipping a paper cheque past his shopping trolley to River Song, who was working there undercover. River folded the cheque and lobbed it over to the cashier, who was none other than Polly. Before the Master realised what was happening Polly had processed the paper cheque and the payment had gone through. The day was saved and Jamie (standing beside Polly) began to laugh back at the Master. Then for the piece de resistance the Second Doctor reached under his chin and stripped off a Patrick Troughton mask to reveal that he was in fact ... Michael Palin (which in my warped subconscious is the same thing as Matt Smith)!

I usually dream in colour but in this case the only colour bits were the ones with River in. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I assume the villain was the Master, although I never got a good look at him. He was implementing one of his grandiose Mastery plots and there was only one thing that could stop him in the nick of time. Dunno what the thing was, but the Doctor (Troughton) had to buy it at a certain supermarket and the manager of the supermarket was none other than the Master. It was also made quite clear that the thing would only work after it was paid for.

That's where the Master's evil genius came in. He had jammed all the signals to the credit card approval thingies so the Doctor couldn't possibly pay for his purchase and therefore the Master would win. The Master stood nearby gloating as the Doctor tried to buy the thing, without results. As the Master began to laugh he never noticed the Doctor inconspicuously slipping a paper cheque past his shopping trolley to River Song, who was working there undercover. River folded the cheque and lobbed it over to the cashier, who was none other than Polly. Before the Master realised what was happening Polly had processed the paper cheque and the payment had gone through. The day was saved and Jamie (standing beside Polly) began to laugh back at the Master. Then for the piece de resistance the Second Doctor reached under his chin and stripped off a Patrick Troughton mask to reveal that he was in fact ... Michael Palin (which in my warped subconscious is the same thing as Matt Smith)!

I usually dream in colour but in this case the only colour bits were the ones with River in. :D

Interesting.

Did you, perchance CHJ enjoy a lovely cheeseboard before bed time? :D

the michael palin bit got me, very random. I wish I had dreams like this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting.

Did you, perchance CHJ enjoy a lovely cheeseboard before bed time? :D

the michael palin bit got me, very random. I wish I had dreams like this.

I do believe it was a supermarket frozen pizza. :D
    Forum Member

With abundant quantities of melty cheese, no doubt! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you eat it frozen? :p

dreaming in black and white is hilarious. :D

undercover River Song haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you eat it frozen? :p

dreaming in black and white is hilarious. :D

undercover River Song haha

It might as well have been frozen. :p

I found it interesting that if River Song time-travels to the Troughton era she still appears in colour. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might as well have been frozen. :p

I found it interesting that if River Song time-travels to the Troughton era she still appears in colour. :D

there's just so many levels to it. deep man, deep. :p:D
    Forum Member

That is just brilliant. Comic Relief sketch in the making, without a doubt. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is just brilliant. Comic Relief sketch in the making, without a doubt. :D

Thanks Gloria, thought you'd appreciate it. ;)
    Forum Member
    Thanks Gloria, thought you'd appreciate it. ;)

Totally my thing. :D
    Forum Member
    there's just so many levels to it. deep man, deep. :p:D

Do you not mean deep pan..? ;)
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point of the 3000 post threshold if we're now on 3140 plus and STILL on Part Barbara! Come on Mods, surely now it's time for Part Ian!?
    Forum Member
    I'm in no hurry - earlier versions of the thread ran a good bit longer than this. Ian will be along once he is organised!
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    I'm in no hurry - earlier versions of the thread ran a good bit longer than this. Ian will be along once he is organised!

Depends if he's organising things that require multi-tasking. Otherwise he'll be along sometime in 2013!:D
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Depends if he's organising things that require multi-tasking. Otherwise he'll be along sometime in 2013!:D

That's a fair point!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan did leave the show earlier than Barbara or Ian did. :)
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Barbara's as robust as her hair lacquer with as much staying power. I'm in no hurry to say goodbye.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    Barbara's as robust as her hair lacquer with as much staying power. I'm in no hurry to say goodbye.

This bit of the thread represents the time she was off getting a tan in space during The Sensorites. :)

Still awake analysing that dream ... it must represent my underlying dismay at the institutional move to get rid of paper cheques. :( Venerable old institution, cheques. Like Doctor Who. :D
    Forum Member
    This bit of the thread represents the time she was off getting a tan in space during The Sensorites. :)

Still awake analysing that dream ... it must represent my underlying dismay at the institutional move to get rid of paper cheques. :( Venerable old institution, cheques. Like Doctor Who. :D

Absolutely - if it were not for paper cheques, the Master would have triumphed!
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see The Fail have put up a ridiculous,heartless story about Kazza :mad:
This discussion has been closed.