Options

DS Fantasy Eurovision 8: Música de Madrid!

Comments

• Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,511
    Forum Member
    I am intrigued as to who my 2nd country will be- I have a feeling I am overdue a horror like Albania or Montenegro!
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am intrigued as to who my 2nd countru will be- I have a feeling I am overdue a horror like Albania or Montenegro!

Or Tunisia :sleep:
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am intrigued as to who my 2nd countru will be- I have a feeling I am overdue a horror like Albania or Montenegro!

Albania isn't too difficult if you know where to look. ;)

Dunno about Montenegro though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    COUNTRY #10: ALBANIA

Albania's charge to second in Prague easily remains their best result, an outlier amongst a sea of failures to qualify and low ranking positions. "Kaloresi i Nates" regained some face for the country, but the Albanian government has taken drastic steps to try and ensure a victory this time. Using the half-Albanian Kara DioGuardi as a songwriter, they've also managed to convince CARRIE UNDERWOOD to sing "Undo It"! It's sure to be a controversial choice, but will it do the job?

ENTRY DISQUALIFIED DUE TO NATIONALITY DISPUTE----
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry, but that is ridicilous!

I don't want to sound moany but that surely doesn't count!
  • Options
    thomizzlethomizzle Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's within the rules as far as I'm concerned - proper lolz though!
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Katsuya wrote: »
    COUNTRY #10: ALBANIA

Albania's charge to second in Prague easily remains their best result, an outlier amongst a sea of failures to qualify and low ranking positions. "Kaloresi i Nates" regained some face for the country, but the Albanian government has taken drastic steps to try and ensure a victory this time. Using the half-Albanian Kara DioGuardi as a songwriter, they've also managed to convince CARRIE UNDERWOOD to sing "Undo It"! It's sure to be a controversial choice, but will it do the job?

:D:D

Please! I think I know who is behind this actually judging by a previous post :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If we allow half-nationality singers, then we should therefore allow half-nationality songwriters since it's all the same criteria. How you decide to judge it yourself is a different matter, of course. It's a risk, but in theory to make the link through Kara DioGuardi shows the person's done their homework for me.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt Carrie Underwood has even heard of Albania :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Half-songwriters is a bit of a push- and personally, I wouldn't have accepted it, but we'll see how it does in the votes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Up to the individual, but I'd much rather hear something Albanian. Part of the fun of this is to hear different types of music you dont usually hear. I dont think the song chosen is even that good to be honest :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I doubt Carrie Underwood has even heard of Albania :p

Probably thinks it's someone who's spelt Alabama incorrectly :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half-songwriters is a bit of a push- and personally, I wouldn't have accepted it, but we'll see how it does in the votes.
    Half-nationality songwriters is a push? Well does that mean you can't qualify for any nation if you are of two nationalities by your reckoning? It's not her fault she is half this half that is it lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomizzle wrote: »
    Half-nationality songwriters is a push? Well does that mean you can't qualify for any nation if you are of two nationalities by your reckoning? It's not her fault she is half this half that is it lol.

I think songwriters full stop is a bit of a push.
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    :D:D

Please! I think I know who is behind this actually judging by a previous post :D

It's not me, if that's what you're thinking. :eek:

This comes under Loophole Abuse imo. For that reason, I won't be voting for it even though I love the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    COUNTRY #11: SWITZERLAND

Switzerland had something of an upset in the last contest, when their run of appearances in the final (stretching back to the second contest) came to an end after Katy Winter failed to make it out of the semi final. With a "nice enough" pop entry not really having been enough to make it, the Swiss will no doubt be hoping that EDITA hits home a little bit more strongly with the audience, as she performs "The Key".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thomizzle wrote: »

Not at all.

What I'm saying is that although half-singers are acceptable, I'd say half-nationality for the people who wrote the song is a little far fetched. Just my opinion though. I'm half and half myself so I'm not being prejudiced!
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all.

What I'm saying is that although half-singers are acceptable, I'd say half-nationality for the people who wrote the song is a little far fetched. Just my opinion though. I'm half and half myself so I'm not being prejudiced!

Does your girlfriend know yet? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This comes under Loophole Abuse imo. For that reason, I won't be voting for it even though I love the song.

Why don't you just vote on the quality of the song? :confused:

Blatantly making it look like my entry now - but it isn't lol - I have more sense :p
  • Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member

Was Isis Gee not half Polish :p

kvn wrote: »
    Up to the individual, but I'd much rather hear something Albanian. Part of the fun of this is to hear different types of music you dont usually hear. I dont think the song chosen is even that good to be honest :o

It's hardly a generic pop song or a sloppy ballad.. It's country.. And to be fair I'd have to say at least the person's done their homework..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh half what and Italian? :D
    Italian boys are fit. Unless they're hairy. And don't have brown eyes and brown hair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    Was Isis Gee not half Polish :p

It's hardly a generic pop song or a sloppy ballad.. It's country.. And to be fair I'd have to say at least the person's done their homework..

She was- although the songwriters were fully Polish ;)

And if you look at my original post, I was in favour of half-nationality singers!
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    LMFAO at Albania's entry!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Very good! :D

Although I've been mistaken for Spanish, Romanian and Norwegian when abroad so who knows (to be fair, my mum is from Norwegian heritage).

If I wrote a song, I could represent about nine countries if we are adhering to the current rules!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I did think it was you :D
    JordanC55 wrote: »

Dress it up however you want. It's stretched the rules so far they've snapped :D
This discussion has been closed.