Options

FAO sagemcom UK-channel five series link problems on your boxes-please respond

megabytemegabyte Posts: 334
Forum Member
I posted a thread over on the main freeview board and a post in the software update thread here.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=51297967&posted=1#post51297967

This is the thread on the freeview board which is self explanatory.
Basically sagemcom boxes are unable to read channel five series link information properly resulting in a mess whereby several versions of the one programme get recorded when you ask it to series link as it records the repeats aswell.

Could you please shed some light on this.

Other pvr's do not have this problem

Comments

• Options
    AKWAKW Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    megabyte wrote: »
    I posted a thread over on the main freeview board and a post in the software update thread here.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=51297967&posted=1#post51297967

This is the thread on the freeview board which is self explanatory.
    Basically sagemcom boxes are unable to read channel five series link information properly resulting in a mess whereby several versions of the one programme get recorded when you ask it to series link as it records the repeats aswell.

Could you please shed some light on this.

Other pvr's do not have this problem

Other PVR's do have this issue. I have experienced this with a Wharfdale on many occasions and on Sat with a SkyHD box.

It's a Channel 5 issue. Channel Five also seem unable to send the correct codes if a program over runs so the end gets missed from the recording.
  • Options
    futaurafutaura Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AKW wrote: »
    Other PVR's do have this issue. I have experienced this with a Wharfdale on many occasions and on Sat with a SkyHD box.

It's a Channel 5 issue. Channel Five also seem unable to send the correct codes if a program over runs so the end gets missed from the recording.
    Technically speaking, it's both - C5 can be a bit flakey from time to time with their CRIDs in the EIT, causing repeats to be tagged incorrectly. But usually things are ok most of the time. However, it is Sagemcom who need to address this issue - their software is not adhering to the Freeview+ standard. If your Wharfedale was made by Vestel, it certainly didn't have the same problem as the Sagemcom (repeats were only recorded on the Wharfedale if you had deleted the original recording - a bug subsequently fixed in the newer Vestel models).

Accurate recording signalling is indeed not implemented by the C5 channels, but not all that many channels do support it - fortunately, those that don't tend to keep to the EPG schedule, so it doesn't matter, unlike C5 who often start early or finish late :(.