Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 5)

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    farmersboy wrote: »
    "You're so moneysupermarket"

What? What? Just what the shuddering f**k is that supposed to mean?! What retard was responsible for this dire claptrap?
    The same idiot who came up with the phrase "confused.com? confused.com" :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I can't even remember what the advert is for but there is one with the young diver Tom Daly in it. He starts walking as he is talking flogging the product but he looks most uncomfortable and embarrased.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preamble to one of Ronnie Corbett's shaggy dog stories on the Two Ronnies went something like this:-

"I remember clearly when it was - it was a tuesday and it was the week when there wasn't a sale at DFS..."

LOL :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I can't even remember what the advert is for but there is one with the young diver Tom Daly in it. He starts walking as he is talking flogging the product but he looks most uncomfortable and embarrased.

Nestle products and yes it is awful
  • NWScotsNWScots Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmersboy wrote: »
    "You're so moneysupermarket"

What? What? Just what the shuddering f**k is that supposed to mean?! What retard was responsible for this dire claptrap?

That really made me laugh :D I agree with you too, utter crap.

I'm amazed to see only one post about the f**kwits in the Pepsi Max ads with their cringey, dire, look-at-us-we're-so-cool antics. I cannot properly express how much they make my skin crawl and yet I find the ads to be a bit car-crash and I'm mesmerised by them. Astounding that some twerp somewhere thought that moronic frat-boy types would be the most likely to sell the product. Only to other immature morons matey, only to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, yes I'm ashamed to admit that I am watching ITV2 :o the red bus bingo really has to take the biscuit for one of the the worst ads around, it features strange people playing instruments that have nothing to do with anything
  • Mr MertonMr Merton Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »

He could be the nicest chap in the world but that Nestlé advert makes him out to be someone you desperately want to beat senseless with a cricket bat :eek:

Other current horrors of the advert world - as already mentioned by others - include the Go Compare singing advert (come to think of it, ANYTHING involving price comparison websites, simples...), and anything to do with grossly overpriced tiny pots of drinking yogurt that make it out to be the cure for all the world's ills. Just try eating less, fatty :D

As for the Apple ads, well I do like Apple products and not all of the ads are that annoying...BUT I can appreciate why some people could find them to be a bit much. If they just toned down the smugness just a tiny bit they might be even more effective as a consequence.

I'm sure to stumble upon some of the other aforementioned horrors at some point shortly, but that will do for now :)
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The same idiot who came up with the phrase "confused.com? confused.com" :mad:

The Confused.com songs before were quite good but the latest one is hideous - and there are lyrics on screen! :eek::mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Harvester takeaway ad!!! and that woman singing the order, wtf?!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shock, horror! the L'Oreal ads for wrinkle creams are fixed, according to BBC radio news they have been air brushing the models, no, who'd have thought it??, I thought they just used 17 year old models without any wrinkles.:rolleyes:
  • p381p381 Posts: 5,936
    Forum Member
    The worst one for me is the one with Jean Claude Van Damme....Coors Beer i think it is.
    Just awful. :o:o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    NWScots wrote: »
    That really made me laugh :D I agree with you too, utter crap.

I'm amazed to see only one post about the f**kwits in the Pepsi Max ads with their cringey, dire, look-at-us-we're-so-cool antics. I cannot properly express how much they make my skin crawl and yet I find the ads to be a bit car-crash and I'm mesmerised by them. Astounding that some twerp somewhere thought that moronic frat-boy types would be the most likely to sell the product. Only to other immature morons matey, only to them.

The memory of those ads doesn't remain in my mind long enough to complain about, and what is it with the dancing(?) at the end, or does drinking Pepsi Cax make you have fits?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Shock, horror! the L'Oreal ads for wrinkle creams are fixed, according to BBC radio news they have been air brushing the models, no, who'd have thought it??, I thought they just used 17 year old models without any wrinkles.:rolleyes:

Yes I wonder what people like Julia Roberts and Christy Turlington who were used in the ads for Teint Miracle anti wrinkle cream thought about being digitally enhanced:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GO COMPARE has really got weorse now the advert for the 4x4 Sedan chair has several people singing the bl**dy song:eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    The Flora cuisine ad with Vernon Kay and his mother
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Go Compare adverts are getting a little boring now. At least with the Meerkats they still try to be creative with them.
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comma piri piri, anyone? All the fellas that you want! :)
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    p381 wrote: »
    The worst one for me is the one with Jean Claude Van Damme....Coors Beer i think it is.
    Just awful. :o:o:o

Its meant to be crap. Its a pisstake.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    one of my favorite ads of all time was the original Walkers one with Gary Linekar but now they've rehashed it with the girl off of the x factor. The whole point of the first one was that Gary was super nice and was welcomed home as a hero. Not quite the same effect second time round and it just seems soooo lazy!
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Why would advertisers think that we would all go and buy Activia because Martine McCutcheon tells us too, yuk, also if the fat guy says wonga once more I am tempted to put a foot through my tele.
    I hate the "wonga" guy too. And cheeky, chirpy, cockney Martine McCutchen with her mouthful of oversized veneers just reminds me never to buy Activia.
    Mr Merton wrote: »
    As for the Apple ads <snip> if they just toned down the smugness just a tiny bit they might be even more effective as a consequence.
    "Voyage Prive" seems to be another strong contender in the smugness league.
    Oldbod wrote: »
    GO COMPARE has really got weorse now the advert for the 4x4 Sedan chair has several people singing the bl**dy song:eek::eek::eek:
    Just when you thought their ads couldn't get any louder and more annoying.
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, Jared Leto is a gorgeous, gorgeous man- but that Hugo Boss advert just makes me cringe.. "Be inspired by..Whatever!" ...What?
  • IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbod wrote: »
    Why can't they clamp his mouth?, instead of the "Chair-man's" leg
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,774
    Forum Member
    I always think he says`I've got the clap`...
  • IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazzieblue wrote: »
    one of my favorite ads of all time was the original Walkers one with Gary Linekar but now they've rehashed it with the girl off of the x factor. The whole point of the first one was that Gary was super nice and was welcomed home as a hero. Not quite the same effect second time round and it just seems soooo lazy!
    and who IS that silly cow, never heard of her, even I knew who Gary Lineker was and I'm not in the least interested in foot-ball, but who the hell is SHE, I suspect that she's just some-one famous for being famous
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,774
    Forum Member
    Istvan wrote: »
    and who IS that silly cow, never heard of her, even I knew who Gary Lineker was and I'm not in the least interested in foot-ball, but who the hell is SHE, I suspect that she's just some-one famous for being famous

Can anyone actually understand what she says when she gets in the helicopter?
This discussion has been closed.