Options

DSO Stage 1 question

moon2011moon2011 Posts: 100
Forum Member
Hi i don't go thought DSO till next year 2012 i get all the freeview channel ok at the moment what i want to no is when i rescan for Stage 1 will i still get all the channel or will some be missing till Stage 2 is complete?

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,566
    Forum Member
    moon2011 wrote: »
    Hi i don't go thought DSO till next year 2012 i get all the freeview channel ok at the moment what i want to no is when i rescan for Stage 1 will i still get all the channel or will some be missing till Stage 2 is complete?

In theory you 'should' still get all the channels, but in practice this isn't always the case - we're finding quite a few Emley Moor and Sutton Coldfield viewers have lost Mux2 (ITV's) since DSO1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In theory you 'should' still get all the channels, but in practice this isn't always the case - we're finding quite a few Emley Moor and Sutton Coldfield viewers have lost Mux2 (ITV's) since DSO1.

Thanks Nigel i have that to look forward to ;)
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,037
    Forum Member

In addition, you will get two versions of BBC1, BBC2 and BBC News 24 and the Children's channels CBBC and CBeebies for the two weeks in between the two stages of DSO,
    as they are on two separate Muxes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In addition, you will get two versions of BBC1, BBC2 and BBC News 24 and the Children's channels CBBC and CBeebies for the two weeks in between the two stages of DSO,

Thanks joshua very useful information i just hope i get all the channels that i get now :)
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No ! you get two versions (from the same Tx) of just BBC4, CBeebies, BBC Parliament, and the BBC Radio stations between DSO 1 and 2.

BBC 1, 2, 3, CBBC, and News should NOT be duplicated, if they are, then you're getting them from two different transmitters.
  • Options
    Dr.OliverTwichDr.OliverTwich Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief. No you don't!!! :eek:

Mux B contains all the BBC Radio stations, BBC FOUR and CBeebies which will be duplicated (and stored in the 800s for the 2 weeks between DSO1 and DSO2) because the new BBC A high power mux contains them as well.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/dtt_channels.html lists the pre and post DSO channels by mux.

Where j-w gets this mis-information from I don't know :p He should retire under the 'waning powers' directive. :D

_______edit________
    I have envy of MarkC's typing speed and memory :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What the max amount of channel a freeview built in TV can have?
  • Options
    StoppingServiceStoppingService Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    What the max amount of channel a freeview built in TV can have?

However many its firmware has been written to accommodate; Panasonic made a design error when they initially limited their (cathode ray tube) DTT/Freeview TVs to 99 stations, which proved insufficient!

Perhaps there'll be a new round of "service number limitation" heartaches for DTT viewers if the addition of 2-3 new muxes nationwide pushes the number of EPG entries over 255!

Regards
  • Options
    N.DeanN.Dean Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief. No you don't!!! :eek:

Mux B contains all the BBC Radio stations, BBC FOUR and CBeebies which will be duplicated (and stored in the 800s for the 2 weeks between DSO1 and DSO2) because the new BBC A high power mux contains them as well.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/dtt_channels.html lists the pre and post DSO channels by mux.

Where j-w gets this mis-information from I don't know :p He should retire under the 'waning powers' directive. :D

_______edit________
    I have envy of MarkC's typing speed and memory :cry:

If you do a manaul scan between DSO1 & DSO2 and you don't include MUX B, you won't get duplicates.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

However many its firmware has been written to accommodate; Panasonic made a design error when they initially limited their (cathode ray tube) DTT/Freeview TVs to 99 stations, which proved insufficient!

Perhaps there'll be a new round of "service number limitation" heartaches for DTT viewers if the addition of 2-3 new muxes nationwide pushes the number of EPG entries over 255!

Regards

From the discussion on this thread http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1539218
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    Morning!

It could just be the boxes haven't the SAGEM's capacity for 100+ channels, and well, think about it, do you need every Shopping Channel and Encripted Channel and the so-called Adult 92-99/189-199 range to be tuned in on any box, particularly if they are never viewed or minors get to use the remote? http://www.dmol.co.uk/lcn_post.php for your delight!

If the box behaves like its Thomson siblings and the original user guides aren't handy, try downloading

http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/THOMSON/DTI%201000-_E

and following the instructions on pages 6 and 9 to get just the channels you ever watch as no one really feeds off the full menu, in my experience:D

Keeping LCNs in your lineup you never watch is simply clutter for the sake of it, as are apps on your smart phone or computer you don't use http://www.techmaish.com/technology-or-clutter/

Use the delete channels/hide channels options and clear the :confused: