Doc Martin (Part 11 — Spoilers)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,386
Administrator
MrsWindy1 wrote: »
If she is taking a vested interest, I don't think it's at all motherly.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1532593

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Part 11!!!!! :):):)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
      Forum Member
      Wow another one :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Little guinea
      Re your offer to write to Jack Lothian about contact addresses for BP.

Personally I think you should keep this email address for very special occassions (like the buddha and onions) otherwise he may think you are hounding him.

I am sure someone can find a contact address for BP on their website? I am hotspotting internet through my phone and haven't got the megabites to do it at the moment, sorry.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
      Forum Member
      Remember the storyline where Al was convinced Bert wasn't his father. Bert had retained a sealed envelope containing Al's birth certificate thus the names of Al's mother and father.
      Bert couldn't face opening the envelope but Al insisted. Both appeared relieved so we assume Bert is Al's biological father.

But what of his mother?

That same episode Al confronted Aunt Joan at her farm. She clearly had no wish to discuss Al's parents.

Could Aunt Joan have been Al's mother AND the Doc's mother also?!

Pretty wacky idea but even wackier...could Aunt Ruth be their real mother?!! The chess connection?
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
      Forum Member
      cc.cookie wrote: »
      Little guinea

Personally I think you should keep this email address for very special occassions (like the buddha and onions) otherwise he may think you are hounding him.

I am sure someone can find a contact address for BP on their website? I am hotspotting internet through my phone and haven't got the megabites to do it at the moment, sorry.

The only Buffalo Productions website I can find is one based in West Yorkshire. They're about digital video but don't think it's the one we want?
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
      Forum Member
      Just finished up watching from S1 to the present episode after years of nagging from my mum to watch it.

Must say I absolutely love it, can't believe I missed out on this for so long lol

Sitting watching the first series again tonight and can't believe the difference in the Doc, he's far more emotional and more understanding to everyone. He seems to get worse and worse as the series progress lol
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
      Forum Member
      sendibo wrote: »

that seems to be the right address... http://www.fanmail.biz/77499.html
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      cc.cookie wrote: »
      Little guinea

When we get the contact address for BP, I thought that maybe we should all write letters and send at the same time. They wouldn't all get there at the same time, but close enough. The reason I thought we should do this is because you know they get tons of mail, but if we send all of ours together about the same subject, BP would probably take notice. What do you think?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      ReneeBird wrote: »
      When we get the contact address for BP, I thought that maybe we should all write letters and send at the same time. They wouldn't all get there at the same time, but close enough. The reason I thought we should do this is because you know they get tons of mail, but if we send all of ours together about the same subject, BP would probably take notice. What do you think?

Or all use yellow envelopes A5 size!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Alestorm wrote: »
      Remember the storyline where Al was convinced Bert wasn't his father. Bert had retained a sealed envelope containing Al's birth certificate thus the names of Al's mother and father.
      Bert couldn't face opening the envelope but Al insisted. Both appeared relieved so we assume Bert is Al's biological father.
      But what of his mother?
      That same episode Al confronted Aunt Joan at her farm. She clearly had no wish to discuss Al's parents.
      Could Aunt Joan have been Al's mother AND the Doc's mother also?!
      Pretty wacky idea but even wackier...could Aunt Ruth be their real mother?!! The chess connection?

Can see there maybe some debate about the fathe but I think Bert would have noticed if it wasn't his wife giving birth!! :D:D

BL was relieved and cried but AL thought his mother may have just written in BL name. Then he talked to AJ.
    • lost-the-plotlost-the-plot Posts: 115
      Forum Member
      I'm a bit muddled. So, in the recent post of the video of MC visiting the equine hospital for ACE, he said it was not up to him, they were waiting for ITV. I thought ITV had already brought BP an offer for series 6? Or was it an earlier tandem of 5/6 and BP only agreed to 5? I can't think for a minute, numbers they are pulling in, that ITV wouldn't be keen on 6. Then again, with all things business, comes down to $$$.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
      Forum Member
      If she is taking a vested interest, I don't think it's at all motherly

Agreed, because AR is use to evaluating people she sees a good and honest person in Al, then when he nearly beats her at chess she becomes more aware of his untapped talents as a person.
      Part 11 what a milestone :)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
      Forum Member

Seemed to have missed bits and pieces. What are the forum members being asked to contact BP about?
      Thanks for re-explaining!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
      Forum Member
      A couple of points:

First, while LG acted pleased that "James Henry" had been put on the birth certificate form, I imagine she was quite peeved inside that he had done so without consulting her--even though it was the name she preferred. It was an act of disregard (or maybe even a show of domination) by DM which can't be good for a relationship. Of course he may simply thought it was more efficient to fill it out once he acceded to her choice of a name (just as he thought it was more efficient to paint the flat in London as soon as the decision to move there was made) but that kind of imperiousness must affect LG negatively.

Second, an unrelated point--the program is educational. Yesterday our local newspaper had an article on the "little known" Sjogren's syndrome (from which AR is suffering) noting that it is the second most common auto-immune disease (after rhumatoid arthritis). At least I had heard of the disease before the article thanks to the good Doc. The article stated that Venus Williams is a sufferer (news to me though maybe it was well known to others).
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
      Forum Member
      Several hours ago MC switched on the lights for the Enchanted Floodlit Garden at Abbotsbury Gardens. Photos are up at Rex (of course, it being Rex, you can only view thumbnails.:cry:).

http://www.rexfeatures.com/search/?kw=martin+clunes+abbotsbury&iso=GBR&viah=Y&lkw=martin+clunes&stk=N&sft=&search_oldest.x=-1&search_newest.x=33&search_newest.y=9
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I just found this out, was Emily Clunes in Series 4 ep-8?
      I never knew this. I didn't belong to the forum until this series.
      This has been my summer of "Doc Martin". And, into the fall too! :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
      Forum Member
      I just found this out, was Emily Clunes in Series 4 ep-8?
      I never knew this. I didn't belong to the forum until this series.
      This has been my summer of "Doc Martin". And, into the fall too! :D

Yup! Emily was the student who says, "Are you OK, Miss?" -- it's about 30 seconds into this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNHdYf-nc3s
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Yup! Emily was the student who says, "Are you OK, Miss?" -- it's about 30 seconds into this video.

Thanks curlygirl, she's cute and she was good! :)
    • dcdmfandcdmfan Posts: 1,540
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      PLM wrote: »
      A couple of points:

First, while LG acted pleased that "James Henry" had been put on the birth certificate form, I imagine she was quite peeved inside that he had done so without consulting her--even though it was the name she preferred. It was an act of disregard (or maybe even a show of domination) by DM which can't be good for a relationship. Of course he may simply thought it was more efficient to fill it out once he acceded to her choice of a name (just as he thought it was more efficient to paint the flat in London as soon as the decision to move there was made) but that kind of imperiousness must affect LG negatively.

Second, an unrelated point--the program is educational. Yesterday our local newspaper had an article on the "little known" Sjogren's syndrome (from which AR is suffering) noting that it is the second most common auto-immune disease (after rhumatoid arthritis). At least I had heard of the disease before the article thanks to the good Doc. The article stated that Venus Williams is a sufferer (news to me though maybe it was well known to others).

I agree that his behavior would affect Louisa negatively. Do you think that she loves him? Do you think she is staying with him for the sake of the baby? I like to think that she does love him. Why do you think she is so drawn to him? Will living with him draw her closer to him, or will it cause her to question her decision to stay with him?
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Whale wrote:

"It seems that AR is taking a vested interest in Al during the series. Could it be possible that she is his biological Mother, having given birth to him away from the village and, making an agreement with Bert and his wife, to raise him as their own with the full knowledge of AJ, just throwing this out there!! "

Oh Boy! Wouldn't that be sneaky????
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

Brilliant! I'd put my family in it as well, if I had the chance.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
      Forum Member
      irishpie wrote: »
      Just finished up watching from S1 to the present episode after years of nagging from my mum to watch it.
      Must say I absolutely love it, can't believe I missed out on this for so long lol
      Sitting watching the first series again tonight and can't believe the difference in the Doc, he's far more emotional and more understanding to everyone. He seems to get worse and worse as the series progress lol

:) Same for me. My mom talked about it for months before I finally watched it. :)
      He is a much different person in S1 than later seasons -- he can actually carry on a conversation!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
      Forum Member
      Polarized Light Microscopy?
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      What IS that face that LG pulls every episode - you know

whenever DM doesn't introduce himself and the latest one when MiL tell "Lou,Lou to talk to her man..."
    This discussion has been closed.