Options

RTE Saorsat

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Indeed, there will always be options but in the next 9-12 months it should all start to unfold.
    Armagh is funny in parts for CC due to the hills mentioned before and CH is funny in parts too due to Sleive Beigh but in most parts, acceptable reception of one or the other can be achieved. There's still hope.:)
  • Options
    Peter RheaPeter Rhea Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Monaghan might be worth a try too, more so since CH will be co-channel with the Armagh relay after switchover.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Monaghan might be worth a try too, more so since CH will be co-channel with the Armagh relay after switchover.

You're right, Monaghan will definately be worth a shot, although it's a relatively low power transmitter, the terrain into Armagh is mostly favorable.
  • Options
    MarkLS12MarkLS12 Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to a report on boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056504229

Saorsat has started transmitting the RTE Channels and TG4 (no TV3 or 3e) with 7 Day EPG data.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any news on equipment availability?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not likely to be until RTE OFFICIALLY announce that the service is live.

The proper domestic LNBs WILL be available then.
  • Options
    the cushthe cush Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Ka Sat LNBs now available - http://www.onwave.ie/saorview_parts (spec)

RTÉNL expects the channel line up to be confirmed, and the SAORSAT service to be formally live, in February or March - http://www.rtenl.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/RTÉNL-SAORVIEW-FAQs-Jan-2012-Rev-6.0.pdf.
  • Options
    pedro2000ukpedro2000uk Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the cush wrote: »
    Ka Sat LNBs now available - http://www.onwave.ie/saorview_parts (spec)

RTÉNL expects the channel line up to be confirmed, and the SAORSAT service to be formally live, in February or March - http://www.rtenl.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/RTÉNL-SAORVIEW-FAQs-Jan-2012-Rev-6.0.pdf.

For such a dedicated national sat service, you'd expect a smaller dish nowadays than an 80cm & they are saying you may need larger in some parts [unless by that they mean N. Ireland].

is that the specification or just a supplier's?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I live in Armagh In N ireland, i was talking today to a satellite dealer in co mayo and he informs me that LNB's will not be available till after Saorsat offically launches.
    This is expected to be in the next few months.
    Another interesting fact he said he heard that there was a possibility that Soarsat was going to broadcast from 30 East instead of 9 east, this of course would mean you could pick it up by have two lnbs on your sky dish(28east).
    These are what he told me so i am not responsible if this info turns out to be wrong.
    I look forward to whateven happens i just wish it would happen soon.
    Just my thoughts
    Laserline
  • Options
    pedro2000ukpedro2000uk Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

maybe just one supplier then...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For such a dedicated national sat service, you'd expect a smaller dish nowadays than an 80cm & they are saying you may need larger in some parts [unless by that they mean N. Ireland].

We won't know the requirements until the service officially launches, some have speculated that a 65cm dish will suffice.
    laserline wrote: »
    I live in Armagh In N ireland, i was talking today to a satellite dealer in co mayo and he informs me that LNB's will not be available till after Saorsat offically launches.
    This is expected to be in the next few months.
    Another interesting fact he said he heard that there was a possibility that Soarsat was going to broadcast from 30 East instead of 9 east, this of course would mean you could pick it up by have two lnbs on your sky dish(28east).
    These are what he told me so i am not responsible if this info turns out to be wrong.
    I look forward to whateven happens i just wish it would happen soon.

This online shop I assume - http://www.satellitetv.ie/shop/index.php?controller=product&path=27&product_id=352.

RTÉNL has been testing from 9.0 east since last May, there is no other satellite over Europe with coverage as tightly focused on Ireland as KA-Sat so I can't see them moving elsewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    maybe just one supplier then...

That appears to be the case - http://www.inverto.tv/.

This was posted in another forum by satellitetv.ie - http://forum.dxtv.de/wbb/thread.php?postid=216375#post216375
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    65cm is what I'm told.
    But you'd want 80cm for a dual feed. (28E and 9E)

30e is fantasy.

We are days or so from official announcements.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    65cm is old info.
    To reduce coverage and costs, and discourage take up as a mass service an 80cm will be needed.

It's only meant for people that can't get Saorview Terrestrial.
    My Multifeed is an offset 90 x95cm aligned on 16E, with 28, 19, 13 & 9e, We will see when service is official what the Quality is on it.
  • Options
    John896John896 Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I just hope that tv3 and 3e will be on Saorsat.???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not likely.

They where in in Breach of Analogue Licence from start and still are for not paying for full coverage. TG4 had 95% coverage. TV3 only paid for about 80%. They are not going to pay for backup feeds and 2% to 5% extra coverage when now on DTT they have 95% to 98% vs the 80% they had on Analogue. TV3 are broke from the last leveraged buyout.

Get Freesat and have ITV instead :)
  • Options
    John896John896 Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Will just have too keep on watching tv3 and 3e, via others means by satellite.Can`t beat a bit of tonight with vincent browne on tv3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are not in Ireland and paying Sky (grey sub) to watch TV3?
    I don't know anyone that would pay. I know people that would pay NOT to have Vincent Browne :)
  • Options
    zg3409zg3409 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    The postage on those KA LNBs is only to "Ireland" which I assume covers Northern Ireland.

I am trying to get someone to advertise them on eBay with UK/worldwide shipping for enthusiasts.
  • Options
    zg3409zg3409 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Search for "Inverto White Twin Ka Band LNB Saorsat Compatible" on ebay.ie. Now with shipping to anywhere in Europe.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    watty wrote: »
    You are not in Ireland and paying Sky (grey sub) to watch TV3?
    I don't know anyone that would pay. I know people that would pay NOT to have Vincent Browne :)

After last week, add me to that list. We had a guest staying with us last week and she wanted to watch Vincent Browne every night. Now we never watch it partly because none of us have any interest in his show and partly because the NBC Nightly News is on CNBC at that time (which all of us prefer to watch) so it was a bit annoying. I don't think she asked either if it was ok to watch it. Not to mention the TV was always on very loud and nobody else could watch anything. I watched all my stuff on my laptop in my room.
  • Options
    fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After last week, add me to that list. We had a guest staying with us last week and she wanted to watch Vincent Browne every night. Now we never watch it partly because none of us have any interest in his show and partly because the NBC Nightly News is on CNBC at that time (which all of us prefer to watch) so it was a bit annoying. I don't think she asked either if it was ok to watch it. Not to mention the TV was always on very loud and nobody else could watch anything. I watched all my stuff on my laptop in my room.

Visitors! Who wants them?:D.......and don't even mention the bathroom!!!!:eek:
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    fixerman wrote: »
    Visitors! Who wants them?:D.......and don't even mention the bathroom!!!!:eek:

We have more than one bathroom so there was no problem with the bathroom. She also put the heating on for hours on end and the house was really stuffy. The TV thing annoyed me though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member