Options

Doc Martin (Part 12 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    ggo85ggo85 Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    madmother wrote: »
    Great news!! Molly just posted on facebook - Season 6 has been commissioned! Yay! :D:D:D
    Here's the email she got from ITV:

Dear Molly

Thank you for your email regarding Doc Martin.

Series 6 has been re-commissioned for 2013, a date will not be confirmed
    until nearer the time. Information regarding the programme will be
    updated on our website www.itv.com in due course.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact
    us here at ITV Viewer Services.

If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Karen

You've made my day . . . week . . . year! :D:D:D:D

19 months to go . . . FF will sustain us but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news!! Molly just posted on facebook - Season 6 has been commissioned! Yay! :D:D:D

Dear Molly

Kind regards

Karen

Yay! Nice detective work :):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member

Dear Molly

Kind regards

Karen

:D:D:D OMG, I'd do a cartwheel if I remembered how!!! This is the best news ever!!!

...Gotta go book my plane tickets!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    Yes, I read that today on a DA site. There was a statement that "Julian Fellowes has written another brillant character in Martha Levinson (Shirley MacLaine) who will be a wonderful combatant for Maggie Smith's Dowager Countess.". . . As caustic as Shirley MacLaine can be, she is no match for Maggie Smith. I think what their thinking is to bring in more of an American audience to view this series as well as buy the dvds $$$$. I hope BP takes note. While I don't particularly want any American actors to invade this series, maybe some actors need to come on board in S6 in a more combatant role towards DM or LG.

Wow, that's a good idea marchrand! I don't remember any American actors being on the Series at all! That sounds verrry interesting! :)
    P.S. I wouldn't want to go up against Shirley MacLaine! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S6... OMG!!! Amazing... Back to the keyboard for more FF until then, I suppose. And Betty and I might just go to England summer of 2013...

Wow, Rob
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Soooo much good news :D
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you, madmother, for this long awaited news! I really enjoyed all the photos and videos the fans posted who visited Port Isaac during the filming of S5 from April through July, 2011 and then seeing S5 here. Just think in about 14 months from now they will be back to PI to film S6!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Wow, this made my day. Time to start planning a spring 2013 trip to England.....Back to the keyboard for more FF.
    snowsie aka skimmer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Yes!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member

I'm sooo excited ... but, I'm also sooo nervous ... about what the writers may do with S6! :confused: The next year+ will be torturous for me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    YIPPEE!!!!!

Ellen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    You know, I think if we all end up in Port Isaac in 2013...we could have a seriously good time. We're a rare breed, but it's the die-hards like us that have the most fun. :cool:

...but for now, I've got some serious FF writing to catch up on. :)
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, I think if we all end up in Port Isaac in 2013...we could have a seriously good time. We're a rare breed, but it's the die-hards like us that have the most fun. :cool:

...but for now, I've got some serious FF writing to catch up on. :)

Boy, I already want to book a Port Isaac B&B. This is great news! I really plan crossing the pond for this, too!
  • Options
    TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    YAY!!! Another series! Wonderful.

I hope I can save and plan a trip to Port Isaac and watch the filming. Wouldn't it be great for a bunch of fans to get together out there. How wishful is that! LOL

Will be so looking forward to some more Doc Martin episodes.
    Excited!!
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Yesss!!! :D:D That's fantastic news!! Hopefully I will be able to go to Port Isaac and see the filming!:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, 2013 can't come quick enough :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh YEAH.............. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That is fantastic news.....yipeeeeee

I think I need to start at the very beginning of DM to get me through the next 19mths. :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to Cornwall to see DM being filmed would be fun. But I think meeting other DM fanatics would be even more fun!

Rob
  • Options
    whalewhale Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic news. Now what are they going to get up to in the next series, it is always fun to speculate, hopefully, all the usual cast will be back again, but you never know!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Woohoo! I sent a message to ITV too and received a reply within 30 minutes! They
    said:

"We have plans for a further series but at the moment we do not hold any schedule information".

It's really, really REAL!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    robspace54 wrote: »
    Going to Cornwall to see DM being filmed would be fun. But I think meeting other DM fanatics would be even more fun!

Rob
    Robspace, I think you would make a great organizer of the Doc Martin fanclub meetup in PI. I can envision a week of fun and activities! Seriously!!!
  • Options
    mazziebluemazzieblue Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    I actually let out a squeal when I read about S6. Time to plan another trip to PI.
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »

Rob

We clearly need some kind of convention, a la Star Trek. I can testify that it's fun to meet other fans -- we're a nice bunch!:D

I imagine Port Isaac B and B proprietors are getting a flood of reservations right about now... I also will certainly try to go!
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whale wrote: »
    Fantastic news. Now what are they going to get up to in the next series, it is always fun to speculate, hopefully, all the usual cast will be back again, but you never know!!

I remember a lot of speculation in late 2010 and early 2011, before they started filming. I think this time we should keep track of the speculation and have a kind of prize -- perhaps a 2014 Doc Martin (or Martin Clunes) calendar -- for whoever gets the closest to say, the time elapsed between S5 and S6, or what happens to Mrs. T., or how many episodes it takes before DM and LG actually marry, etc., etc.

But guessing (for a prize) probably should stop when the first casting calls go out, because they tell us a lot, like the age James Henry will be, e.g.
This discussion has been closed.