Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The most obnoxious University Challenge contestant ever?

Old 06-03-2012, 11:59
petely
Forum Member

I seem to be in the minority here but I didn't find him at all annoying, the same with Jamie Karran. I like it when the students show a bit of personality and that they're clever.
Although he obviously *is* very clever, I was pleased that I got the answers (well, 2 of them at least - I had "x+3" when it should have been x+sqrt(3)) to the maths questions about largest +ve roots when he didn't even understand the question.
petely is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:17
trevorp
Forum Member

They are all brave souls for going on national TV with all of the potential humiliation that it can bring.
^Absolutely. They're not actors or presenters. I'd be a nervous wreck in front of a camera and would undoubtedly make a complete tit of myself.
trevorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:26
Abriel
Forum Member

^Absolutely. They're not actors or presenters.
Maybe next series they'll all be given a makeover, new teeth and media training before they're allowed through from the heats
Abriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 13:05
Terrence Chant
Forum Member

Although he obviously *is* very clever, I was pleased that I got the answers (well, 2 of them at least - I had "x+3" when it should have been x+sqrt(3)) to the maths questions about largest +ve roots when he didn't even understand the question.
Made me chuckle Pete as that was one of the few I got right pleasingly.....well, the last (easiest ) one of the three anyway - the X to the power of 6 question where the answer was two

I can understand how he may come across as smug and a bit superior but I'm in the give-the-lad-a-break camp too. That was probably his most impressive performance of the series so far, there's no denying he's a very intelligent young man.
Terrence Chant is offline   Reply With Quote