Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Any panic buying of petrol in the North East?

Old 30-03-2012, 00:13
mjh3241
Forum Member

Yes there was a fair few cars at stations around here today, a good 15-20 car queue at one. I did end up getting petrol near Whitley Bay so you're in luck OP.
mjh3241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 30-03-2012, 00:19
c4rv
Forum Member

well thank you frigging useless government. All 4 stations around my area are now out of diesel though I spoke to somebody at two of the stations and they are both due deliveries tonight.
c4rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 02:55
Blackjack Davy
Forum Member

It's quiet in the SW too, or so my mother said. Mind you she's scarcely aware of anything much happening beyond the end of her street to be honest.

Here in the SE it's bedlam. Saw queues stretcthing a hundred yards down the street at 8pm this evening. I'm supposed to go on holiday this weekend god knows if I'll ever be able to find any fuel to be able too.
Blackjack Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 09:11
c4rv
Forum Member

well thank you frigging useless government. All 4 stations around my area are now out of diesel though I spoke to somebody at two of the stations and they are both due deliveries tonight.
Well drove past tesco this morning and they were open again plus 4 stations I pass on the way into work all seems OK. Even managed to make the news, though to be honest it didn't look any busier then normal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ash-chaos.html
c4rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 15:30
grumpyscot
Forum Member

Our local village garage got a delivery this morning - and has put up a notice "local residents only - proof of residence required". They were totally p***ed off yesterday by the attitude of the city dwellers and have decided that their loyalties lay with their local regulars. And of course, they're within their rights to decide who they want to serve and are breaking no laws - good for them!

So no problem for me, since I go there every week and have done so for 30 years.
grumpyscot is offline   Reply With Quote