Sunscreen for face

Coz21Coz21 Posts: 1,906
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What is a good sunscreen to use on the face for sensitive skin that doesn't make your skin look shiny?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I use a moisturiser that has SPF 15 within it. Its from Boots Number 7 range.
    Very fresh and not greasy looking
  • Coz21Coz21 Posts: 1,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! Didn't know you could get moisturisers with an SPF in. I will try that one.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coz21 wrote: »
    What is a good sunscreen to use on the face for sensitive skin that doesn't make your skin look shiny?

The Clarins one which is a factor 35 is the only one that doesn't make my eyes sting. It's been around a long time and is still the best on the market. La Roche Posay gives the same protection and is about half the price, but once your skin starts to sweat it gets in your eyes and stings
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be very wary of moisturisers with SPF in... you will never apply enough moisturiser to your face in order to protect your skin properly. There is a school of thought that is very much against them having SPF because it encourages people to think they have protected themselves as well as if they had used a proper sunscreen.

Also bear in mind that sunscreen should be reapplied regularly through the day- roughly every two hours- you won;t be doing that with your moisturiser presumably, so you will not get that protection.

Instead I would look at the sunscreens that are designed specifically for the face, such as the clarins one suggested above. Nivea do some, most of the big sunscreen companies do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have sensitive skin and I use Clinique City Block SPF 25 - it comes in SPF 40 as well - I suppose it depends on how pale you are and how much protection you think you need as to which one would be more suitable - this product generally has good reviews - it's oil free so shouldn't make your face look shiny - they have testers in boots so you could try it out before deciding.
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds good (Clinique). I might look out for that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I have ordered a small tube of the Clarins on ebay to try.