Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Underrated Icons

Old 16-04-2012, 04:53
Fabala
Forum Member

to be fair, i doubt your the slightest bit interested either.
I hadn't realised you knew my exact motivations for commenting. I am interested, so good one.

I was actually intrigued to know what songs she had written. I have a soft spot for them, I was just the right age for them at the time.
Fabala is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-04-2012, 04:53
gpk
Forum Member

Thats fine. Imo she was underrated and may not match her success but still changed history so for that reason i think shes underrated.
i respect your opinion. there is no right or wrong answers and the thread is called underrated icons. the spice girls were popular cultural icons without a doubt.
gpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 04:54
Poison_Ivan
Forum Member

i respect your opinion. there is no right or wrong answers and the thread is called underrated icons. the spice girls were popular cultural icons without a doubt.
Thank you
Poison_Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 04:55
gpk
Forum Member

I hadn't realised you knew my exact motivations for commenting. I am interested, so good one.

I was actually intrigued to know what songs she had written. I have a soft spot for them, I was just the right age for them at the time.
sorry, i must have confused you with a poster that moaned constantly about another fm for always posting about female artists. my mistake.
Old 16-04-2012, 04:58
Poison_Ivan
Forum Member

Stop and Viva Forever were mostly written by Geri. Awell as If U Cant Dance, The Lady is A Vamp, Too Much to name a few of the songs of Spice Girls. I read that in a Spice girls book and Geri herself has stated so.
Old 16-04-2012, 05:08
Fabala
Forum Member

sorry, i must have confused you with a poster that moaned constantly about another fm for always posting about female artists. my mistake.
I am a moany git on occasion but I am interested in this particular topic.
Old 16-04-2012, 05:09
Fabala
Forum Member

Stop and Viva Forever were mostly written by Geri. Awell as If U Cant Dance, The Lady is A Vamp, Too Much to name a few of the songs of Spice Girls. I read that in a Spice girls book and Geri herself has stated so.
I used to do the dance routine to Stop with my friends. Probably my favourite one of theirs.
Old 16-04-2012, 05:12
gpk
Forum Member

I am a moany git on occasion but I am interested in this particular topic.
fair enough.
Old 16-04-2012, 05:13
Poison_Ivan
Forum Member

I used to do the dance routine to Stop with my friends. Probably my favourite one of theirs.
I still know that routine now and im sure Geri came up with that routine aswell. Shame she left as i often wonder what would have been the third album instead of Forever. Schizophonic does sound like a Spice Girls album. And a Geri song on Scream If You Wanna Go faster called Dont Call Me Baby does remind me of Stop.
Old 16-04-2012, 05:18
Fabala
Forum Member

I still know that routine now and im sure Geri came up with that routine aswell. Shame she left as i often wonder what would have been the third album instead of Forever. Schizophonic does sound like a Spice Girls album. And a Geri song on Scream If You Wanna Go faster called Dont Call Me Baby does remind me of Stop.
I have vague memories of them doing an appearance on the national lottery without Geri claiming she was ill and then it was announced she had left. I was gutted, must've been around 9 or 10.
Old 16-04-2012, 05:20
Poison_Ivan
Forum Member

I have vague memories of them doing an appearance on the national lottery without Geri claiming she was ill and then it was announced she had left. I was gutted, must've been around 9 or 10.
Yeah she already left and i think they were hoping to change her mind. I was gutted to took a long time to get over it and when all five reunited i dont care as much as i use to. I was nice to see them all back together on stage.
Old 16-04-2012, 05:25
Anika Hanson
Forum Member

Mariah carey
Anika Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote