Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Anyone else impressed with how much Netflix UK has improved recently?

Old 12-04-2012, 22:23
PrinceShaun
Forum Member

I don't know if I was just not looking properly before but there seems to be a lot more content on the UK Netflix recently, still not amazing but certainly better then when it first launched! All 8 seasons of 24 now, so I might actually check it out after all this time. I really want seasons 3, 4, 5, 6 of Dexter though! I hope they add those soon.

Recommendations for those with Netflix UK:

- Dexter
- The Mist
- Panic Room
- Charmed
- Prison Break
- Teachers
- The Young Ones
- I Know What You Did Last Summer
- A Lot Like Love
PrinceShaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 12-04-2012, 22:25
Kassiknorr v2.0
Forum Member

My nephew has just started using Netflix and says the amount of content is still quite low. I have been waiting for better reviews of the site (most people I have spoken to say it is not that impressive) but seeing as it is a new site I am willing to wait.
Kassiknorr v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:28
PrinceShaun
Forum Member

My nephew has just started using Netflix and says the amount of content is still quite low. I have been waiting for better reviews of the site (most people I have spoken to say it is not that impressive) but seeing as it is a new site I am willing to wait.
In terms of TV shows I think there is certainly a lot of stuff on there now, the film choice is still a bit shabby though.

I guess it is just about Netflix gradually acquiring the rights for more films and TV shows. It is definitely better then when I first started using it though.
PrinceShaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 19:31
malloney
Forum Member

Really when you think about it what do you expect at only 5.99 a month?
When you take into account that most new films on Blinkbox and Zune marketplace are around 3.50+ PER FILM!
So your not gonna get much for the monthly price your paying for Netflix or Lovefilm.
malloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 19:59
-GONZO-
Forum Member

There is plenty on Netflix and I never really understood why some claimed there was not.
Ok so there's not all the latest films which is never going to be the case because of the likes of SKY.
Since joining I've watched a few films, all the Torchwood series and currently I've got plenty on the go to keep me occupied for sometime to come.
I'm towards the end of season 5 of 24 which due to work etc has taken some time to get this far.
Also on the go I've got Warehouse13, It's Always Sunny in Philedephia, Firefly, Fawlty Towers and as I can chop and change between UK and US content using Wii I'm also watching knightrider,Airwolf and a few other things I've started.
As I make my way through everything I've already started then I'm sure I will see something else that takes my fancy.
I just cannot believe that anyone could honestly believe that there is nothing on Netflix for them to watch at all.
-GONZO- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 03:14
Matt D
Forum Member

I highly recommend Breaking Bad. It's bloody brilliant. Netflix UK has seasons 1 to 3 (3 was added this month), Netflix US also has season 4.

Other stuff:

I've just finished watching Kidnapped. Very good US drama from 2006, about the kidnapping of a wealthy New York couple's son. Twists and turns and a very good cast (Timothy Hutton, Dana Delany, Jeremy Sisto, Delroy Lindo, Mykelti Williamson, Linus Roache). I think C4 showed it originally over here.
Matt D is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 12:14
ElusiveNL
Forum Member

It's pretty good for tv shows however the foreign cinema section really is pitiful
ElusiveNL is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 15:10
daniel99
Forum Member

i joined today i am really impressed by the choice of movies i really am
daniel99 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 21:20
Bumtiddlywinks
Forum Member

the contents and price arent the deciding factor for me

the reasons why i stopped after 2 months are specifically the lack of "queing" programmes you want to watch in the future and no "browse by date uploaded" feature

if they get those 2 features ild sign up tomorrow
Bumtiddlywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 09:28
blitzben85
Forum Member

I'm planning on signing back up once me and my partner get our own place. I really enjoyed the 1 months free trial, i found that there were loads of choice so i'm sure there will be more now.
blitzben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 09:43
Dancc
Forum Member

To the OP, more seasons of Dexter are coming very soon according to NetflixUK on Twitter.
Dancc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 15:10
bazellis
Inactive Member

When do Netflix start offering the latest DVD releases - within days/weeks/months/years?
bazellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 15:46
-GONZO-
Forum Member

When do Netflix start offering the latest DVD releases - within days/weeks/months/years?
You mean DVD rentals? Not in the UK as we only get a streaming service and we already have Lovefilm for that.
If you mean latest DVD releases via steaming then probably never due to SKY having most of the licensing rights.
Old 29-04-2012, 19:08
bazellis
Inactive Member

You mean DVD rentals? Not in the UK as we only get a streaming service and we already have Lovefilm for that.
If you mean latest DVD releases via steaming then probably never due to SKY having most of the licensing rights.
Do Lovefilm offer this as a streaming service now then in the UK , at the same time they're released on DVD?
I'm trying to understand which service offers new releases first and which is cheaper - if someone could provide a comparison summary that would be great
bazellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 22:48
-GONZO-
Forum Member

Do Lovefilm offer this as a streaming service now then in the UK , at the same time they're released on DVD?
I'm trying to understand which service offers new releases first and which is cheaper - if someone could provide a comparison summary that would be great

There isn't really a service thats like Netflix or Lovefilm for a cheap subscription that offers new releases the same time as DVD. Lovefilm do streaming and DVD rental.
There's movie streaming on Sony Bravia devices which has latest releases, but you pay to rent each individual film for a limited time.
Old 01-05-2012, 13:17
-GONZO-
Forum Member

Season 1 of Knightrider has been added folks
Old 01-05-2012, 13:39
Wayne814
Forum Member

Season 1 of Knightrider has been added folks
and Season 3 of Dexter
Wayne814 is offline   Reply With Quote