Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Voice Of Ireland

Old 16-04-2012, 01:24
Sfamato
Forum Member

Is anyone else finding it all a little bit....blah and meh?

Been watching a few of the other countries shows and it seems theres more life in them! from the judges to the audience! On the Irish one they just sit there.

Kathryn isn't doing the best job, and dont get me started on the Engine room. It doesn't flow well. I hope they change things in Series 2.
Sfamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-04-2012, 01:46
Eurostar
Forum Member

I'm finding the voting system so annoying now
Alan has been saved from bottom 2, 3 times and Sharon was saved again this week after being in the bottom 2 last week. It's awful that Pat and Conor can't both be in the final while others who are much weaker can be there.
Looking at the final 8 in comparision to the teams at the beginning of the live shows, I think the results are quite disappointing.
The overall standard doesn't seem great to me. Conor has a lot of raw talent, but it might be touch and go as to whether he has any sort of a career after the show, seeing as it seems to have failed to capture the public's imagination.

Alan is clearly Brian's favourite by far, but he's clearly going to bomb when the programme ends. The small guy Ritchie is just ridiculous....more like someone you'd expect to see in panto or as a novelty act on BGT.
Eurostar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 02:22
Sfamato
Forum Member

The overall standard doesn't seem great to me. Conor has a lot of raw talent, but it might be touch and go as to whether he has any sort of a career after the show, seeing as it seems to have failed to capture the public's imagination.

Alan is clearly Brian's favourite by far, but he's clearly going to bomb when the programme ends. The small guy Ritchie is just ridiculous....more like someone you'd expect to see in panto or as a novelty act on BGT.
Ritchie does do Panto right? Hes a good voice, but i dont think he has the star power to be an actual selling star.
Old 16-04-2012, 11:41
hitnmix
Forum Member

Conor and Jessica are my favourites... Loved her version of "Billie Jean"!

She copied David Cook from American Idol a few years back its lovely but David sings it even more hauntingly.
hitnmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 04:00
Eurostar
Forum Member

Ritchie does do Panto right? Hes a good voice, but i dont think he has the star power to be an actual selling star.
I believe so yes, but the idea they can transform him from being a regular at panto to being a successful and credible pop star is too far fetched. Even if the guy was 6ft 2, I don't think he could make the transition, he's really more of a cabaret performer.

I think Conor will win the show but I have my doubts whether even he can have any sort of a lengthy career.
Old 17-04-2012, 20:16
Sfamato
Forum Member

I believe so yes, but the idea they can transform him from being a regular at panto to being a successful and credible pop star is too far fetched. Even if the guy was 6ft 2, I don't think he could make the transition, he's really more of a cabaret performer.

I think Conor will win the show but I have my doubts whether even he can have any sort of a lengthy career.
Personally, I can only see Pat and Vanessa having a career out of this, and with Pat, very much a gigging in pubs and small venues type of career. Shows like this in Ireland, there is only a very small amount of succes to be had. You need to break the UK too. However they will have to contend with the UK winner of their own show. Call me cynical but I don't see the record company putting in much effort with the eventual winner.
Old 17-04-2012, 21:57
Eurostar
Forum Member

Personally, I can only see Pat and Vanessa having a career out of this, and with Pat, very much a gigging in pubs and small venues type of career. Shows like this in Ireland, there is only a very small amount of succes to be had. You need to break the UK too. However they will have to contend with the UK winner of their own show. Call me cynical but I don't see the record company putting in much effort with the eventual winner.
And the TV ratings for the show are not great, suggesting it has failed to capture the public's imagination.

Vanessa and Pat can certainly get a fulltime career out of it. I suspect Conor is going to be a flash in the pan and quickly forgotten : for all his raw talent, he doesn't have much star quality.....he looks and sounds like a farmer who wandered into the TV studio.
Old 17-04-2012, 22:19
unclekevo
Forum Member

And the TV ratings for the show are not great, suggesting it has failed to capture the public's imagination.

Vanessa and Pat can certainly get a fulltime career out of it. I suspect Conor is going to be a flash in the pan and quickly forgotten : for all his raw talent, he doesn't have much star quality.....he looks and sounds like a farmer who wandered into the TV studio.
Completely disagree, he's by far the most unique talent left
unclekevo is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 01:44
Sfamato
Forum Member

Conor has grown on me over the weeks. But hes voice is very disturbing. and his facial expressions aren't doing him any favours either.
Old 18-04-2012, 04:25
Eurostar
Forum Member

I actually agree that he is unique and not a copy of anyone else and he should be commended for that. But that doesn't equate to him being a marketable pop or rock star. You can be unique and have a lot of raw talent and still not sell a single record. I believe he'll win the show easily and have some sort of hit out of it but I could also see him quickly fade away.

When I said "farmer" I was referring to his general demeanour offstage btw.
Old 19-04-2012, 22:28
bookclub10
Forum Member

Not sure if you guys have seen these so said I'd post them here.
Live sessions with Ryan Tubridy on 2 FM...

Team Bressie ( without Conor)- Call me Al

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGLeM...2dFAAAAAAAABAA

Team Sharon - Sweet Dreams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTDxk...0bFAAAAAAAACAA

Team Brian - Everybody Hurts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz-Cx...2cFAAAAAAAADAA

Team Kian - Time after Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOVmE...pPYed6be6YlEY=

Judges Performance- Crazy Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-fW..._MEpOZO_fBtUQ=
bookclub10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 23:22
danielleh
Forum Member

In case you haven't seen it...

Spoiler

The iTunes standings, counting as votes for next week's final

Spoiler
danielleh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 01:01
BillyBoy7
Forum Member

Vanessa, Jim, Pat and Ritchie. My predictions for the final. Didn't get watching the results show. Can anyone confirm this please?
BillyBoy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 01:04
danielleh
Forum Member

Vanessa, Jim, Pat and Ritchie. My predictions for the final. Didn't get watching the results show. Can anyone confirm this please?
Spoiler
danielleh is online now   Reply With Quote