Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Calling all playbook owners OS 2.0 is now available!!!

Old 28-04-2012, 20:17
Andy2
Forum Member

There's a load of moaning over on the PB support forum about not being able to connect by USB since installing the update.
Someone there is telling everyone that you have to turn the wifi off or it won't recognise the USB connection.
I transfer lots of PDF & text files from my PC to PB and never turn off the wifi.
I must say that since the update it is taking longer for the PC to 'see' the PB and assign drive Z, but it's not more than 20 secs.
Andy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-04-2012, 11:13
slick1two
Forum Member

I just use wifi sync to transfer files. Only really use the cable when side loading android apps. So not noticed this since the update as not needed to connect the cable yet.
slick1two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 15:19
LostFool
Forum Member

I just use wifi sync to transfer files. Only really use the cable when side loading android apps. So not noticed this since the update as not needed to connect the cable yet.
For me, one of the nicest features of the PB is that it just appears on my network as a shared drive so I can copy data to/from it without even knowing where it is.

What the PB is missing is the ability to browse my home network from the device. That would be a killer feature.
LostFool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:17
slick1two
Forum Member

For me, one of the nicest features of the PB is that it just appears on my network as a shared drive so I can copy data to/from it without even knowing where it is.

What the PB is missing is the ability to browse my home network from the device. That would be a killer feature.
Sure would be. There are 2 more OS updates to come this year os 2.1 then the big one bb10 os which is looking pretty awesome on the phone. Some nice innovations there. So you never know what functionality is to come in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x5KKQx04yD0
slick1two is offline   Reply With Quote