Previous Survivor Discussion

Old 26-04-2012, 19:34
k0213818
Forum Member

To be honest...
Spoiler
Spoiler
k0213818 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 29-04-2012, 00:08
Gothic-Dude
Forum Member

Season 11 and 12 done now as well

If I had to rank the ones I have seen so far

Allstars - Boston Rob owned the series, and the final jury being all bitter was the best
Amazon - Great cast and loved how the power changed every episode
Season 9 - I liked the cast, it improved so much as it went on
Pearl Islands - Interesting Cast, not sure about the twist though
Season 12 - Oh god poor Terry, he kept trying so hard, but the cast of Courtney, Shane, Ceras, Dani, Bruce and Aras was a great cast, I mean their tribe was so much more interesting than the other tribe, so Im glad they stuck together
Season 11 - I hated half the cast, and I find Steph annoying however like season 9 it was fun to see the underdog pull in the win
Hero v villians
Australia - Liked Jerri and Elizabeth, but it got boring when the one tribe voted out the other
Africa - Interesting for couple of episodes then got boring
Redemption Island - Apart from the winner and crazy Philip it was a predictable season

Rank winners

Spoiler

Anyone else think Dani from season 12 and Hero v Villians and Amber look so alike?

Anyway going to take a few days off now!
Gothic-Dude is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 00:44
fab cesc
Forum Member

That's funny because I'm loving One World too, but have seen that you're not such a fan! We're survivor opposites
Are you sure?

Its by far the best season since at least HvV imo
fab cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 18:53
tally
Forum Member

Are you sure?

Got to agree with you there. Love the old school Survivor tasks like "the chop" and the reward challenges. It's what was sorely missed during rubbish island. There's just so much potential for animosity. Who knew Kat would wake her brain cell up?

Heroes and Villains will always be my favourite though. I cant ever see a season being as entertaining as that. Even with the dreaded Russell and Rupert.
tally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 22:04
Yobaba**
Forum Member

I didn't love Heroes vs Villains as much as lots of people do. As a season I don't really know where I'd rank it. It was full of good moments, but something makes me not love it that much. Possibly a combination of Russell fatigue by that stage, and also because I thought Sandra was kind of an underwhelming winner. I still think its good though.

My favourites are Micronesia / Gabon / Vanuatu.
Yobaba** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 22:17
Gothic-Dude
Forum Member

Watching Cook Island and wondering how Candice was picked as a hero in s20, shes a right bitch. Gotta say Pav is disappointing me, shes not very interesting,

I love the one tribe though Kul? Becky, Sandra? and Ozzy, sorry I am forgettably with names, but Im worried as I am on the part where they merge and its 4 vs 5, so I hope Kul? uses the Idol to even the number out
Old 29-04-2012, 22:26
jonnythemoose
Forum Member

Are you sure?

Ah! Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone there then
jonnythemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 22:27
jonnythemoose
Forum Member

Watching Cook Island and wondering how Candice was picked as a hero in s20, shes a right bitch. Gotta say Pav is disappointing me, shes not very interesting,

I love the one tribe though Kul? Becky, Sandra? and Ozzy, sorry I am forgettably with names, but Im worried as I am on the part where they merge and its 4 vs 5, so I hope Kul? uses the Idol to even the number out
Yeah, Parvati's crap in CI, God knows how she got picked for FvF based on her performance.

*Yul and *Sundra
Old 29-04-2012, 22:30
silentNate
Forum Member

The first season I saw was where they were split into different races and after that I raced off to watch all the previous seasons. Survivor season 3: Africa was my favourite though, sadly my copy is absolutely shite. Was it ever released on DVD?
silentNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 22:37
Gothic-Dude
Forum Member

Yeah, Parvati's crap in CI, God knows how she got picked for FvF based on her performance.

*Yul and *Sundra
Yeah I heard she is a beast in Fans v Favs so cant wait to see that one.

Yeah thats them I like them four so I hope they stick together. Im not liking the other tribe... hopefully Jonathan will flip and vote with them so they can stay
Old 29-04-2012, 23:22
tally
Forum Member

The first season I saw was where they were split into different races and after that I raced off to watch all the previous seasons. Survivor season 3: Africa was my favourite though, sadly my copy is absolutely shite. Was it ever released on DVD?
Yup. http://www.amazon.com/Survivor-Afric.../dp/B00005JOAQ

I love Ethan, one of my favourite winners and Africa was a great season IMO. ( Not a lot agree with me on that one, I'm so glad you do)
Old 30-04-2012, 02:44
Gothic-Dude
Forum Member

Yup. http://www.amazon.com/Survivor-Afric.../dp/B00005JOAQ

I love Ethan, one of my favourite winners and Africa was a great season IMO. ( Not a lot agree with me on that one, I'm so glad you do)
I found the first few episodes good with the young vs the older generation but it got boring and predictable as the game went. But I agree Ethan is also so far one of my favourite winners, such a shame to learn he has cancer He seemed to give alot of money to charity which shows what a decent guy he is.
Old 30-04-2012, 02:48
Gothic-Dude
Forum Member

Done with Cook, I enjoyed it very much

Spoiler
Old 30-04-2012, 11:49
meglosmurmurs
Forum Member

Done with Cook, I enjoyed it very much

Spoiler
Spoiler
meglosmurmurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 12:13
Gothic-Dude
Forum Member

Spoiler
Yeah I suppose you are right there, I felt bad she had no votes but she did ride to the end, but I was impressed with her comments in the final council. At least the jury were fair and based it on strategic or physically and not bitterness.

I look forward to Fuji now, everyone says its utter crap so should be interesting to see if I agree.
Old 30-04-2012, 13:24
meglosmurmurs
Forum Member

Yeah I suppose you are right there, I felt bad she had no votes but she did ride to the end, but I was impressed with her comments in the final council. At least the jury were fair and based it on strategic or physically and not bitterness.

I look forward to Fuji now, everyone says its utter crap so should be interesting to see if I agree.
I'd say it's a frustrating season especially pre-merge, there's a couple of twists that don't really work well and some rather off-putting people.
However it is the first season where the Hidden Immunity Idol is used the very effective way it is now, and not like in the couple of seasons before it where they produced it after the votes were read.

Once the tribes in Fiji merge it becomes one of my favourite seasons.
Old 30-04-2012, 14:18
Gothic-Dude
Forum Member

I'd say it's a frustrating season especially pre-merge, there's a couple of twists that don't really work well and some rather off-putting people.
However it is the first season where the Hidden Immunity Idol is used the very effective way it is now, and not like in the couple of seasons before it where they produced it after the votes were read.

Once the tribes in Fiji merge it becomes one of my favourite seasons.
I look forward to it, watched episode one, no real person standing out for me just yet, and the first vote seemed fair.

Couple of people annoying me, and I dont get the names; Boo, Dreamz and Rocky.. haha
Old 30-04-2012, 15:33
jonnythemoose
Forum Member

i really enjoyed Fiji...
Old 30-04-2012, 22:12
chrono88
Forum Member

My comments on Fiji

[spoiler]
1. Edgardo being blindsided is so good
2. Only Earl and Yau-Man stood out among the casts. Once YM being voted out in F4, we had a winner.
3. Michelle being voted out was a bit unlucky
4. Oh, Lisi....
[spoiler]
chrono88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 23:29
Gothic-Dude
Forum Member

Damn wish I never saw that now.

Anyway I was liking this season, however now I am a tad upset

Spoiler
Old 30-04-2012, 23:40
chrono88
Forum Member

Darn it. Sorry I didn't put the slash.
chrono88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 00:03
Gothic-Dude
Forum Member

Its okay, Im happy with that winner, but I like Yau Mau he just won the first immunity, I guess

Spoiler
Old 01-05-2012, 00:05
tally
Forum Member

Fiji's grown on me over several watchings. It has arguably the most deserving winner ever. I got quite upset the first few episodes when it was first on at how much the poor tribe were suffering compared to the arrogant lot on the luxury site. Karma's a bitch though.
Old 01-05-2012, 00:20
Gothic-Dude
Forum Member

Fiji's grown on me over several watchings. It has arguably the most deserving winner ever. I got quite upset the first few episodes when it was first on at how much the poor tribe were suffering compared to the arrogant lot on the luxury site. Karma's a bitch though.
Spoiler
Old 01-05-2012, 12:21
meglosmurmurs
Forum Member

Apparently because of the success of the underdog Aitu 4 in Cook Islands triumphing over the other tribe, the producers wanted to re-create it with the underdog tribe rising up to take down the tribe in luxury.
However, that never quite happened.

I hate it how Jeff dismisses a whole season based on the twists that didn't work that were created by the people behind the show. But then he goes gooey over Redemption Island just because his fave Boston Rob won, even though it was terrible in many ways and he's aware that many fans dislike it.
I think the winner of Fiji makes it a standout season.

Spoiler

That's my favourite ever Survivor episode

Spoiler