Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

my top up tv bill

Old 30-04-2012, 01:22
Rhod55
Forum Member

hi, i have subscribed to ESPN with top up tv since sept 2010 and have recently noticed my monthly charge double from 11.35 to 22.99 and i have no idea why. i haven't received any letters from them since they said the subscription would go from 9.99 to 10.99 last november.
has anyone else had this problem? and is there a reason for this? i plan to phone them up in the next couple of days and have a massive go at them.
im also angry at them as i watch espn for the UFC and NBA only! and they advertise that these events are available on there, yet several times the channel has cut of at 4 a.m often right in the middle of the game or fight!! sometimes even before the main event. is this there fault too? seems like false advertisement to me. any replies will be appreciated, thanks
Rhod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:09
joshua_welby
Forum Member

hi, i have subscribed to ESPN with top up tv since sept 2010 and have recently noticed my monthly charge double from 11.35 to 22.99 and i have no idea why. i haven't received any letters from them since they said the subscription would go from 9.99 to 10.99 last november.
has anyone else had this problem? and is there a reason for this? i plan to phone them up in the next couple of days and have a massive go at them.
im also angry at them as i watch espn for the UFC and NBA only! and they advertise that these events are available on there, yet several times the channel has cut of at 4 a.m often right in the middle of the game or fight!! sometimes even before the main event. is this there fault too? seems like false advertisement to me. any replies will be appreciated, thanks
I think that the ESPN channel only broadcasts part time on Top Up TV and on BT Vision
joshua_welby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 16:24
Doug P
Forum Member

4am cut off due to them only having a limited number of hours on DTT. ESPN goes on until 6am Sunday morning.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 18:16
Rambler80
Forum Member

You can check your statement by logging onto the TUTV site. This should give you a break down of monthly charges.

TUTV are merely the gate keeper for ESPN on DTT so not their fault hours are limited.
Rambler80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:01
Rhod55
Forum Member

thanks for the replies, i tried logging into the site but due to an old email adress that got hacked i can't seem to access my account online.
if it's nit their fault about the cut off time surely they should let people know about it before or when they subscribe!?
Rhod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 14:09
scull511
Forum Member

I had the same thing happen to me. Just called them and they said I was subscribed to TV Favourites. I had no idea I was subscribed to that service, and they told me I received a call on March 1st where they offered me a two-month free subscription. I'd forgotten I'd even received that call until he reminded me. And I had no idea I'd actually subscribed to anything at the time, but the two months had gone by and they charged me for the third month. Never even watched it.

Because of the confusion they said they'd let me have ESPN for free for three months (nice... now the football season is over). I actually called planning to cancel ESPN too.
scull511 is offline   Reply With Quote