Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

So.... Who should buy the 39% of BSB?

Old 04-05-2012, 00:52
TommyOliver
Inactive Member

I don't think News Corp will sell their shares in BskyB, all they will do is get a broadcasting licence in Ireland, a newly independent Scotland , Holland or other EU country and use that to broadcast into the United Kingdom.
Sky started life as a pan-European channel back in 82.
TommyOliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:17
foxla
Forum Member

Clever idea. (sarcasm intended!)

BBC1 is the most watched channel in Sky homes, so by paying a subsription, are you suggesting that the most popular channel is removed??!!
Nope, only in some peoples minds! and even if it was, do we reallly need BBC1 North West on the EPG when watching in Cornwall?

Sky were doing quite nicely before the BBC took 101, and ITV had no choice but to join the gang, but for most who subscribe to Sky (not FSFS) if they went, they would only be slightly missed.
foxla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:17
peter05
Forum Member

Nope, only in some peoples minds! and even if it was, do we reallly need BBC1 North West on the EPG when watching in Cornwall?

Sky were doing quite nicely before the BBC took 101, and ITV had no choice but to join the gang, but for most who subscribe to Sky (not FSFS) if they went, they would only be slightly missed.
I had sky before BBC and ITV joined sky and it was rubbish ( my opinoin) if the BBC, ITV channel 4& 5 left sky it would fail unless they cut there prices by50%I wish they would take up your idea why don't you start a poll
peter05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 00:26
samwalk
Forum Member

If my household had to switch between delivery systems to change from BBC or ITV to Sky and back there would be long spells when it just wouldn't happen. Most often that would mean long spells of terrestrial only.
samwalk is offline   Reply With Quote