Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

BT claim my BT Infinity bb I've used my limit due to sky anytime but I hardly use it

Old 04-05-2012, 13:35
astronut01
Forum Member

Hi all, long time lurker here.

I have recently connected to Anytime plus and the indicator lights on my router are blinking frantically all the time. If I unplug the Sky box, they stop, therefore I can only assume that all that activity is generated by the Sky box.
astronut01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-05-2012, 13:35
big_hard_lad
Forum Member

There are free programmes out there that monitor net usage and some may even give detailed breakdowns of where your usage is going.

Install one now and that will tell you the truth of the matter rather than speculation.
Surely that only covers the machine that it's installed on rather than the connection as a whole?
big_hard_lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 13:53
Jaycee Dove
Forum Member

Hi all, long time lurker here.

I have recently connected to Anytime plus and the indicator lights on my router are blinking frantically all the time. If I unplug the Sky box, they stop, therefore I can only assume that all that activity is generated by the Sky box.
Just checked our BT account. We have had Anytime + set up for the past month and whilst we have used it only downloaded the odd thing. We have used 6 GB in the past month. And that covers lots of other stuff not just the Sky box (eg via my computer and a Dreambox).

I was surprised it was that low.

So that does not suggest any evidence for any major continuous downloading through Anytime +.
Jaycee Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 14:17
Nigel Goodwin
Forum Member

Surely that only covers the machine that it's installed on rather than the connection as a whole?
Exactly, it wouldn't cover what the Sky boxes uses.
Nigel Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:51
JulesandSand
Forum Member

One way to prove it would be to disconnect everything from the router apart from the Sky box, reboot the router and check download and upload stats from the router's interface.

Provided of course you can get those stats from the router (you can from mine).
JulesandSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 18:16
bobbycharlton1
Forum Member

Be aware that even though Option 3 is 'unlimited', there is a 'Fair Use' policy of 300GB, so if you get near that, you will a warning email. If you go over that limit, they will simply throttle your line until the next month.
bobbycharlton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 18:26
JulesandSand
Forum Member

Be aware that even though Option 3 is 'unlimited', there is a 'Fair Use' policy of 300GB, so if you get near that, you will a warning email. If you go over that limit, they will simply throttle your line until the next month.
I'm fairly sure that was removed quite some time back.
JulesandSand is offline   Reply With Quote