Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Happy Free Comic Book Day! & FCBD Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 00:02
hilduffluva
Forum Member

Just thought I'd start a thread on this just to wish everyone a happy free comic book day and basically to talk about it and what you got in your little bundle!
hilduffluva is online now   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-05-2012, 15:48
GARETH197901
Forum Member

Just thought I'd start a thread on this just to wish everyone a happy free comic book day and basically to talk about it and what you got in your little bundle!
nothing,as they didnt have any in my local comic book store,i ended up buying Avengers Vs X Men #2 though
GARETH197901 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 22:50
Niesche
Forum Member

Thanks! Got some great titles today, by the looks of it pretty much everything on the release list. Took my 5 year old down too it was his first FCBD so it was nice that there were quite a few kids comics available, including an Adventure Time promo which I've been after for him for a while. What surprised me most was the Mouse Guard book. It's a full on hardback book! For free! Really liked 'The Other Side Of Howard Cruse' and the 2000AD issue too, has a great Dredd drawn by Rufus Dayglo and an early Alan Moore short with Steve Dillon. I'm always surprised when I see early Dillon, his style seemed to change for the worse when he did Preacher. His 2000AD stuff is phenomenal.

Shop was rammed though, even at 10am. Was a little too hectic for my liking.
Niesche is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 18:55
Gulftastic
Forum Member

I was super happy to get a Buffy/The Guild one shot. Nice surprise.

OK Comics in Leeds apparantly had people camping outside the store overnight. I got there at 10am and had to queue to get in for about 15 minutes.
Gulftastic is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:21
Niesche
Forum Member

I was super happy to get a Buffy/The Guild one shot. Nice surprise.

OK Comics in Leeds apparantly had people camping outside the store overnight. I got there at 10am and had to queue to get in for about 15 minutes.
Shit really?? I went to Travelling Man but no queueing thankfully. Doesn't surprise me at OK though, you can probably only fit 3 people in that shop at any one time
Niesche is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote