Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2012, 19:13
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

I like the find a property ad, reminds me a bit of Monty Python!
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 03-05-2012, 19:19
tinkie
Forum Member

I see that one as an ad for piracy, there's no way he can get to his laptop, open iTunes, search for Duran Duran's albums, buy them all and download in in that amount of time, and it's definatly not iTunes he's shown using.

That is exactly what my daughter said.
Old 03-05-2012, 20:27
GoCompareThis
Forum Member

I liked them at first but now I really don't like the 'poetry' style adverts where you have someone saying something profound whilst you are shown different images. The best one was for cathedral city but there are so many of them now. I cannot stand the quality solicitors one which is the latest to do this style of advertising.
Yes, I hate these too. It was OK when just one advert does it but now there are like 5 of these. I've seen one for Magnet and even TK Bloody Maxx!
Old 03-05-2012, 21:13
Kubrick
Inactive Member

THAT black guy dancing around like a queen faerie promoting some hydration drink in partnership with the 2012 Olympics.
That's the one I was going to suggest. It has to be the most over the top advert for a drink ever produced.

Originally Posted by Vodlimonade
I don't like that new Philadelphia one, with the woman who goes on about having 'three fussy boys'... it starts off with her saying something really ludicrous along the lines of 'Because I'm a mum I don't have time to cook meals', before proceeding to sling a load of plastic refined carbs together with a tub of the Philly to make some kind of macaroni cheese thing. Bullshit love, you're just a crap lazy housewife who probably sits around watching ITV all day, playing about on Facebook during ad breaks!! There's plenty of parents out there who are working and can still feed their families decently, so pull the other one!!
Just because the fictional housewife in the advert is too lazy to cook a proper meal, it doesn't mean that all housewives/stay-at-home-Mums are lazy. It's a twenty four hour job. I've always worked. Working is easy. You work for an alloted amount of time, get days off, have breaks, you can ring in sick in the morning if you haven't slept in days or are sick, you also have the social interaction of your colleagues. You don't get any of that when you're a stay-at-home-Mum as I soon found out when I quit my job temporally to be a stay-at-home-Mum.

Believe it or not, it's not the fairies who sit up all night breast feeding and nappy changing the baby and then gets up in the morning, having had not even five minutes sleep, and spends the entire day washing, cooking, ironing and cleaning the house, nor was it the fairies who washed, fed and looked after the kids either.

I've always worked, but I spent five years as a stay-at-home-Mum before I returned back to work and it was the hardest period of time in my life.

Mums are allowed to have a break. It doesn't make them lazy. Nor are they slaves, even if many of them are treated as such.

Absolutely sick to death of ignorant prats talking out of their arse about something they've never experienced.
Old 03-05-2012, 23:07
iampetesmith
Forum Member

EVERY bingo advert -
1. IT'S A CON - ALL BINGO IS!
2. Sexist to the nth degree... always aimed at stupid, poor women.
3. Moronic.

EVERY money advert -
1. They want your money!
2. You'll get very little help or return!

McDonalds-
1. Trying to avoid talking about the actual food these days
2. Being all "family", and "community", whilst selling you sh1tburgers.

PS: "Kitchen at Parties" is a Jona Lewie classic, and he's even in the advert. Quality.
It is indeed. You get a few quid free to play with and win a game or 2 to entice you to spend with them. Then you win nothing. Bingo sites are only good when you go round a lot of them, using up your free credit and winning small amounts then moving to the next site without spending a penny. That's what I did once and got about 20 quid. Obviously you can only do this once per bank account.
Old 03-05-2012, 23:10
pnp63
Forum Member

THAT black guy dancing around like a queen faerie promoting some hydration drink in partnership with the 2012 Olympics.
I thought it was an overreaction of him sneezing and the dots are what you see it is spreading about
Old 03-05-2012, 23:28
The Alpha Gamer
Forum Member

That is exactly what my daughter said.
Smart daughter
Old 04-05-2012, 00:43
halstation
Forum Member

FFS. Just seen an athletics themed Tampax advert.
Is nothing sacred?

I'd like to see them shoe-horn the olympics into a cat food ad.

Why do I get the feeling that there's an olympic Go Compare ad on the way?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:04
CollieWobbles
Forum Member

I have this evening in the Corrie breaks seen the badvert of badverts. It was for some ' Reggie Reggie (sp?) sauce and featured a load of animated food and a rapping animated Jamaican. It is beyond AWFUL - WTF where the producers of this on?!? It actually makes Go Compare and Confused.com fun and entertaining!!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:51
laineythenomad
Forum Member

Also, I do not put my elbows on the table. or eat peas off my knife, hardylane; and they are not baby goats, they are children who need to be taught how to behave properly in company.
Good manners are snob value, or an acceptable way of life? Let's agree to differ. P.S Don't expect an invitation to dinner at my house any time in the future.
Excellent post, you have restored my faith in humanity

APPLAUSE!!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:19
Justabloke
Forum Member

Hahahaha! Oh the snob value is priceless. Table manners indeed!

They're kids.

LOL... every kid I know eats like that... just I did when I was a kid. Life was too short and full of exciting stuff to do by wasting it eating properly
Old 04-05-2012, 14:32
Tarot
Forum Member

I have this evening in the Corrie breaks seen the badvert of badverts. It was for some ' Reggie Reggie (sp?) sauce and featured a load of animated food and a rapping animated Jamaican. It is beyond AWFUL - WTF where the producers of this on?!? It actually makes Go Compare and Confused.com fun and entertaining!!
I saw this one yesterday too; It's Levi Roots Reggae Reggae sauce. I don't know why they decided to go for a 'creature comforts' style advert.
Old 04-05-2012, 15:31
sarahj1986
Forum Member

I saw this yesterday! I have a feeling it will irritate me soon , Ive only seen it once and that was enough for me.

BT....SOD OFF NOW ARRRGGHHHH
Old 04-05-2012, 18:39
jo2015
Forum Member

Re: that BT advert, are students of today into Duran Duran?

Get your own music, not someone else's generation.
Old 04-05-2012, 20:54
Rip the TV Eye
Forum Member

Re: that BT advert, are students of today into Duran Duran?

Get your own music, not someone else's generation.
I would have approved of the ad if Anna had said, "Mm, more of a Napalm Death girl myself."

And then gone into her room to emerge with corpse paint and a dead crow in a jar.
Old 04-05-2012, 20:57
eviled2010
Forum Member

That new DFS advert...yet another silly little song sung by another woman with a silly, croaky, squeaky little girl's voice.

How I wish this stupid song/little girl's voice trend would end!
Old 05-05-2012, 13:29
trigpoint
Forum Member

I see that one as an ad for piracy, there's no way he can get to his laptop, open iTunes, search for Duran Duran's albums, buy them all and download in in that amount of time, and it's definatly not iTunes he's shown using.
Why would he have to use iTunes? Other legal downoad services are available.

For the ad they are just going to do some generic download site, rather than endorse any one in particular.
Old 05-05-2012, 13:59
Jaly77
Forum Member

I thought it was an overreaction of him sneezing and the dots are what you see it is spreading about
Yep, maybe it's a hayfever ad

I actually quite like that ad btw
Old 05-05-2012, 14:02
Jaly77
Forum Member

I will mention a couple more annoying adverts...

Firstly, the WOWCHER ad! The women clearly have serious problems as wowcher seems to be all they can say. What are they, Pokémon? :/

The Argos aliens are starting to irritate me, now that I realise how ridiculously unimaginative they are. They're aliens for God's sake, yet apart from the looks (which to be honest are pretty close to a human anyway) they are entirely human! Pretty poor effort if you ask me.
Old 05-05-2012, 17:18
Janet Plank
Forum Member

LOL... every kid I know eats like that... just I did when I was a kid. Life was too short and full of exciting stuff to do by wasting it eating properly
No dinner invitation for you either, justabloke.
Has anyone seen a strange advert for (what?). A woman in a child's frock is prancing about, singing discordantly, then dipping a strawberry into a bowl; then an old man comes up behind her and sings in her voice.
Janet Plank is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 05-05-2012, 17:35
Tarot
Forum Member

No dinner invitation for you either, justabloke.
Has anyone seen a strange advert for (what?). A woman in a child's frock is prancing about, singing discordantly, then dipping a strawberry into a bowl; then an old man comes up behind her and sings in her voice.
Yep, that's the 'Truvia Scrumptious' advert

I heard another girly song advert last night..the new one for Sky; It features a girl singing You're The One That I Want in a slow ballad style.
Old 05-05-2012, 17:38
Danny Michaels
Forum Member

Yep, that's the 'Truvia Scrumptious' advert

I heard another girly song advert last night..the new one for Sky; It features a girl singing You're The One That I Want in a slow ballad style.
The bastards! They butchered a great song from a great musical!
Old 05-05-2012, 19:24
Herefordgirl
Forum Member

You need serious help

The latest one is the worse, trying to seduce the equally annoying, bug eyed girl with Duran Duran. The scene where he's lying across the bed in a seductive manner is creepy
That whole BT series is creeping the heck out of me, basically BT appears to be enabling an unpleasant lad to prey on this girl.
Old 05-05-2012, 19:25
Herefordgirl
Forum Member

I detest all the Direct Line ads. Why on earth would I want to be associated with the sort of idiots they appear to have/want as customers?
Old 05-05-2012, 22:20
jo2015
Forum Member

Those weird Cathay Pacific ads.

There's one where a customer is given a card congratulating them on travelling for 20,000 miles and then it switches to the smug face of the flight attendant.

Or some poor sod who is being sung to.

Closed Thread