Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

unblock US for netflix

Old 08-05-2012, 17:57
coachtrip_fan99
Forum Member

I pay for unblock US to use netflix, it works fine at my home.

this is my question... when I go round my friends house... what is their policy of using the account at multiple addresses?

I go round my friends house for a film night most weeks - and have had no issues using my netflix account - but what if I wanted to also use my unblock US account on their PC, (obviously using their broadband connection)
coachtrip_fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-05-2012, 18:00
johnnybgoode83
Inactive Member

I'm pretty sure Unblock US is tied to a user account rather than hardware so I imagine there wouldn't be a problem with it.
johnnybgoode83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 18:01
Chocdoc
Forum Member

http://support.unblock-us.com/custom...ple-locations-
Chocdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 18:27
-GONZO-
Forum Member

You can use your account anywhere you like, but it can only be used at one location at a time.

Edit: just noticed link above
-GONZO- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 18:47
coachtrip_fan99
Forum Member

thats fair enough.

thanks guys
coachtrip_fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 15:21
AlanX
Forum Member

I was wondering how to set this up with a UK Roku via a BT Infinity Homehub 3. Do I need to reset the settings of the router? If so, how will this affect my other devices e.g. I have a Pure One Flow internet radio hooked up to the router as well with loads of pre-programmed stations which I would hate to lose. Do I need to reset the Roku? Do I need to sign up to US Netfix? I'm currently with Netflix Uk. All help appreciated.
AlanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 15:46
TheBigM
Forum Member

I was wondering how to set this up with a UK Roku via a BT Infinity Homehub 3. Do I need to reset the settings of the router? If so, how will this affect my other devices e.g. I have a Pure One Flow internet radio hooked up to the router as well with loads of pre-programmed stations which I would hate to lose. Do I need to reset the Roku? Do I need to sign up to US Netfix? I'm currently with Netflix Uk. All help appreciated.
My understanding is that unblock-us.com will redirect to US equivalents for all the services on the list on their website, all other services should work as normal.
TheBigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 15:57
c00kiemonster72
Forum Member

In case you haven't read this

http://support.unblock-us.com/custom...p-roku-players
c00kiemonster72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 18:59
BBTIME
Forum Member

How do you get round the non US post code/Credit card thing?
BBTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 19:18
-GONZO-
Forum Member

How do you get round the non US post code/Credit card thing?
You may not need them.
For most devices you can use an existing UK account and change to and from between UK and US content as you wish.
Some devices like Blu Ray players and TVs you will need a US account to activate the device so for a zip code try 90210. Not too sure about the credit card though.
-GONZO- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 21:21
AlanX
Forum Member

Cheers -had read that. I can't change settings on Roku and don't think I can change them on my BT HomeHub as I think I have a static IP. Suppose I can set up the Wii in the living room but that would be a bit of a pain
AlanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 22:29
Lumstorm
Forum Member

You can get the US Netflix on a UK account on the Roku, you would have change the setting on the router though and looking around the BT Homehub looks to be pretty locked down.
Lumstorm is offline   Reply With Quote