Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Would you buy a game with all the Nazi Zombies in one place?

Old 08-05-2012, 09:56
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

If they had a Nazi Zombies collection so all of WAW Zombies and BLOPS Zombies in one place. I know you can get it on BLOPS but the guns suck and they did something to it that makes it gash!
And maybe having it so you can play with BLOPS guns or WAW guns or both.
I'd buy it as long as you could play WAW with split screen on live.

I Love Nazi Zombies.... well zombie games in general.

Im getting all nostalgic, Im off to play some House of the Dead III
Ladyxxmacbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:01
grps3
Forum Member

i played zombies to death on both games

best maps were kino der toten and five ,, all the rest were rubbish ...esp the blops dlc ones(moon etc)

i also bought all the waw maps for blops but dont think i ever played them

i didnt really enjoy waw zombies , was much better on blops

hope kino and five are available as dlc for blops 2
grps3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:10
TheG-Man
Forum Member

Hated the Zombie part of the games, the first map on W@W was ok for 10 mins. I thought the survivor mode on MW3 was much better.
TheG-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:19
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

not much love for NZ then....hmmmm, maybe my records are for nothing then !
Old 08-05-2012, 10:22
grps3
Forum Member

what are your records

my hhighest round on kino was like 42 or something
and five was round 33

cant rembere other ones as i didnt play em as much
Old 08-05-2012, 11:20
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

Die riese 33 solo, ummm 20 something on Moon, but that was with my ol.d gamertag.
Die reiese seems to fudge me over at about 32 -33 as the teleporters dont always work. and no max ammo so end up running with a thompson ...yeah in rnd 33!
Old 08-05-2012, 13:56
killthedirector
Forum Member

der riese is my favourite. would definitely buy a game with just zombie maps
killthedirector is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 17:31
Bester
Forum Member

The BlOps zombie maps weren't a patch on the WaW originals - Nacht der Untoten and Der Riese were just brilliant. So simple, but great, great gameplay. The new maps just became an overcomplicated mess of confusion. Kino was awful, and the less said about Shangri La, Ascension and Moon the better. The only decent BlOps zombie map was Call of the Dead, and maybe Five.

We've gotten to round 35 on Der Riese, and 23 on Nacht. Think it's 21 on Shi No Numa and 16 on Verruckt.

There's a trick on Der Riese for getting drops from the teleporters in later rounds. If someone goes down as you're transporting through then you always get a drop when you get to the other end. Otherwise, they stop working almost completely when you get to the later rounds. Another tactic we use in the later rounds - if we have a load of points then we'll just trade in our weapons when they're running out of ammo, and hope to get them back again with the sheer amount of points that we put back into the box - assuming we do, we then pack-a-punch them again and we've fully ammo'd up.

The BlOps guns should have been better on the WaW maps, however they tweaked the behaviour of the zombies to counter the more powerful weapons - zombies are faster, smarter and harder. It results in BlOps zombies on WaW maps actually being much harder than they were with the weaker weapons of WaW.

This being said, the PPsh and the MG-42 are great guns to have in zombie mode. None of the BlOps guns actually match the higher firing rate of those weapons.

It will be interesting to see what BlOps2 zombies looks like, but given what's been said so far - support for 8-player games, team-based objective game modes, and even bigger maps!
Bester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 19:09
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

Thats very detailed Bester...thanks I agree totally accept I liked Moon
Old 08-05-2012, 19:33
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

Thats very detailed Bester...thanks I agree totally accept I liked Moon
my lads got all the dlc for black ops, he loves zombies

i even pre ordered bops 2 the other day so he got a "free" poster yay
gdjman68wasdigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 19:35
grps3
Forum Member

my lads got all the dlc for black ops, he loves zombies

i even pre ordered bops 2 the other day so he got a "free" poster yay
where was this from

i want a poster for my son
Old 09-05-2012, 00:09
He4rt
Forum Member

I love nazi zombies, and would love a stand alone game.10+ maps with some new weapons would keep my friends and myself busy for weeks.

One thing i do want in Black:ops 2 zombies is some sort of vote to pause feature. Some of the games i have had have lasted well over 60 minutes, and it can be fustrating when you need the toilet, the phone rings or you need to change your joypad batteries and you can't get a crawler.
He4rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 00:12
Bester
Forum Member

Round 35 on Der Riese took us about 3 hours - the only way we were able to go that long was by getting crawlers at the ends of rounds to allow for drinks/loo breaks etc.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:19
gdjman68wasdigi
Forum Member

where was this from

i want a poster for my son
blockbuster
gdjman68wasdigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:43
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

I love nazi zombies, and would love a stand alone game.10+ maps with some new weapons would keep my friends and myself busy for weeks.

One thing i do want in Blackps 2 zombies is some sort of vote to pause feature. Some of the games i have had have lasted well over 60 minutes, and it can be fustrating when you need the toilet, the phone rings or you need to change your joypad batteries and you can't get a crawler.
That would be good, just a quick video of a funny thing that happened last night on zombies.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy0K_sY44PI
Old 09-05-2012, 22:05
GamerGirl
Forum Member

Hate the Nazi Zombies levels they now put into these games . I'd much rather have an extra SP level or two instead of them.
Just don't like playing zombie games at all, horrible things!
GamerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 22:17
Bester
Forum Member

This could possibly be the last game to include an integrated zombie mode. If the early reports are true in that BlOps2 zombie mode will be bigger than ever before then it sounds like they might be gearing it up such that a future installment might make the jump to its own dedicated game.

Personally I thought that the zombie mode was the best part of WaW. It's just a shame that they let themselves down with the BlOps zombie mode. They just made the maps far too complicated.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:44
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

This could possibly be the last game to include an integrated zombie mode. If the early reports are true in that BlOps2 zombie mode will be bigger than ever before then it sounds like they might be gearing it up such that a future installment might make the jump to its own dedicated game.

Personally I thought that the zombie mode was the best part of WaW. It's just a shame that they let themselves down with the BlOps zombie mode. They just made the maps far too complicated.
I like you Bester, I think I agree with you nearly 100% most of the time.
I have someone on my friends list that has never played zombies but wont play ....???.....why do people do this ?
I dont like racing games but I still play them. one day they will make a good one! One that isnt about making cars (that I know nothing about) or too realistic, or where you get bumped off the road...I'm even bad at Mario Kart!
I liked Hot Pursuit, Id probably buy it again, but no one likes to play it, and I liked Bulldog on PGR4
Old 10-05-2012, 10:36
Bester
Forum Member

LOL - that's so true of driving games! I didn't mind Forza 4 though.
Old 10-05-2012, 21:01
MGS4SnakeRulez
Forum Member

I wouldnt. I loved Nazi Zombies on W@W but on Black Ops it was shit.
MGS4SnakeRulez is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:28
Lith66
Forum Member

I love zombies and yes I would buy a game if it was just zombies.

Never gets boring solo and online is fun when you don't know how good your team is.

I'm not the greatest on it at all I think round 18 was my highest solo Kino and Shangri La both are my favourite maps.

I only play one map at WaW but did buy the dlc for black ops and enjoy them. forgot what map it was was sort of factory one me and 1 of my pal's who was pretty bad player join these other two people and they was really great got to like round 35 think after round 10 my mate was useless and after 28 I was the same kept restarting the round and by the time I get to a gun I was doom but was very enjoyable taking credit by two great players.

I just love the zombies
Lith66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:36
Bester
Forum Member

^^ The WaW map sounds like Der Riese - probably THE best zombie map that they've done.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:01
Lith66
Forum Member

^^ The WaW map sounds like Der Riese - probably THE best zombie map that they've done.
Yeah can never reach that height again on there that was a perfect time I got the guns and perks
Lith66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:50
Ladyxxmacbeth
Forum Member

I love zombies and yes I would buy a game if it was just zombies.

Never gets boring solo and online is fun when you don't know how good your team is.

I'm not the greatest on it at all I think round 18 was my highest solo Kino and Shangri La both are my favourite maps.

I only play one map at WaW but did buy the dlc for black ops and enjoy them. forgot what map it was was sort of factory one me and 1 of my pal's who was pretty bad player join these other two people and they was really great got to like round 35 think after round 10 my mate was useless and after 28 I was the same kept restarting the round and by the time I get to a gun I was doom but was very enjoyable taking credit by two great players.

I just love the zombies
You must have been p;laying with me and my mate.....bazzzing!
Old 11-05-2012, 13:29
Bester
Forum Member

Yeah can never reach that height again on there that was a perfect time I got the guns and perks
Our high round is 35 on Der Riese as well. Your game sounds remarkably like our's - my mate went down in round 31 so started 32 with the pistol and went down quickly again. A pattern that repeated itself over the following rounds. I managed to run and gun my way through 32-34 on my own before getting caught and overwhelmed by the weight of numbers towards the end of 35.