Options

Is Coach Trip back around February 2012 I assume (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,934
Administrator
I was searching for info and ended up here.

I miss Coach Trip, and hope it returns soon. I shall record the repeats when they're on as I think I missed a few.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1605858

Comments

• Options
      nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      New thread!
    • Options
      guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      New thread!

Wooo!
    • Options
      BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Woo hoo!!!!!!!!! :)
    • Options
      LarryHillingtonLarryHillington Posts: 2,043
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      And possibly the last... :(
    • Options
      johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
      Forum Member
      From what I've worked out from various places is another 'celeb', Christmas then normal series in Jan 2013 is how it should play out. I would prefer just two further normal series. Whether this is true, I have no idea.

There could be several issues in that Helen Warner who was head of Daytime at C4 stepped down in November of last year. She was the one that recommissioned it after its last ‘break’ of three years. The new head of Channel 4 Daytime could have different ideas? I did read an article in Broadcast a few months back that the new head was looking for a new daytime quiz – and with Deal or Countdown seemingly not disappearing soon....
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Ooh thanks for that.

Information seems to be very thin on the ground about CT.....its either on ALL the time or huge gaps....wish they would just tell us when at least filming starts so we had something to look forward to!
    • Options
      SMcginn03SMcginn03 Posts: 112
      Forum Member
      Wow I miss this program so much! There isn't even any repeats on to get my Brendan fix! Poeple need to bombard channel 4 to voice our opinions on the lost of coach trip!!!
    • Options
      Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,441
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'm happy it's not been on for a while now. I like the show. But for some months last year into this year it was on all the time. No sooner had a series finished then a new one started. It was way too much to try and keep up with when I'm not at home when it airs.

My guess is the next series will start around September/October. I don't think there'll be another "Celebrity Coach Trip" this year. I also don't think there'll be a "Christmas Coach Trip" series this year either, last year's was probably just a one off.

I'll be happy if they just show one normal Coach Trip series per year.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      What's happened to the CT FB page, it's turned into a bit of a slanging match?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      What's happened to the CT FB page, it's turned into a bit of a slanging match?

I dont go on there anymore.....too scared :o

Hopefully it will quieten down and then once CT is back on, it will just have CT fans posting....
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I dont go on there anymore.....too scared :o

Hopefully it will quieten down and then once CT is back on, it will just have CT fans posting....

I made a comment and had a smart ar#e comment fron some tw#t..So avoiding it for now too!
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I made a comment and had a smart ar#e comment fron some tw#t..So avoiding it for now too!

Me too.

Hopefully the admins on that page will sort it out as its putting people off posting.
    • Options
      royal99royal99 Posts: 262
      Forum Member
      Agreed FB page its not worth it any more not sure whats going it seems not to have an admin anymore waste of time.

Looking at brendans twitter looks like he definitely hasn't been filming any coach trip and with the normal series, historically being filmed over summer it looks like a definite no go for 2012. I would guess all we will get at best is a celeb or xmas one!!!

What a bizarre way to treat the show pack in as much as you can in 2012 until we are all sick of it then nothing!
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I guess they could start filming in the Autumn (September/October time), and then transmit next year....although I havent seen or heard anything about constestants being able to apply so perhaps not......

I hope its not the end for Coach Trip :eek:
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Me too.

Hopefully the admins on that page will sort it out as its putting people off posting.

I messaged admin to ask for a certain person to be removed..but nothing has been done, they don't seem to care about their page..sad really.
    • Options
      jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
      Forum Member
      I asked on twitter and C4 said there is no new episodes coming up but to keep an eye on @C4Insider for updates.

So they didn't no future plans and at the same they didn't say more were on the way.

Maybe later this year or january like the series we got after xmas.

Just have to wait and see I guess :D
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I messaged admin to ask for a certain person to be removed..but nothing has been done, they don't seem to care about their page..sad really.

I know. Normally its a good page to read/post on, but the bad admin support on there has let it down.

I'm not that bothered about posting on there at the moment.....CT isnt on so no real point
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I asked on twitter and C4 said there is no new episodes coming up but to keep an eye on @C4Insider for updates.

So they didn't no future plans and at the same they didn't say more were on the way.

Maybe later this year or january like the series we got after xmas.

Just have to wait and see I guess :D

I hope we DO get more CT...I feel like we need one now...been aaaages since the last one!
    • Options
      LarryHillingtonLarryHillington Posts: 2,043
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I wonder if it's on hold because Brendan will shortly be going into the celeb Big Brother house? ;)
    • Options
      cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I guess they could start filming in the Autumn (September/October time), and then transmit next year....although I havent seen or heard anything about constestants being able to apply so perhaps not......

I hope its not the end for Coach Trip :eek:

They was looking for contestants during the last series the other months as me and my mate was going to apply to go on the new series,and I think it said on it that it was September the trip would be being filmed
    • Options
      johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
      Forum Member
      cliffy91 wrote: »
      They was looking for contestants during the last series the other months as me and my mate was going to apply to go on the new series,and I think it said on it that it was September the trip would be being filmed

If this is true maybe they wanted to avoid flying new couples out to the destinations whilst the Olympics are on due to costs and possible delays.
    • Options
      docmandocman Posts: 5,024
      Forum Member
      johnhugh wrote: »
      If this is true maybe they wanted to avoid flying new couples out to the destinations whilst the Olympics are on due to costs and possible delays.

Very credible.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      johnhugh wrote: »

Oh that would make sense, wouldnt it.
    • Options
      hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      *Bump*

Poor little thread was being swamped by wannabee Superstars.;)
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      hoppyuppy wrote: »
      *Bump*

Poor little thread was being swamped by wannabee Superstars.;)

Yeah I noticed that the other day. :mad:

Bring back COACH TRIP :)