Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 21)

Closed Thread
Old 13-06-2012, 00:25
SecretPassage
Forum Member

I think everyone should bombard rte with tweets and e mails demahard that Jedward eurovision take 2 is released On DVD
If it's going to have a DVD release, expect to see it in September - that's when things are released to get the lucrative Christmas market.

One important thing about this particular documentary, though. While RTE have the rights to broadcast footage from the official Eurovision show, they may not have the rights to use footage from the broadcast on a DVD. Based on my limited experience in the world of television DVD production, it might be that they'd have to pay more for it or not even not be allowed to use it - and it wouldn't make sense to have a documentary about Eurovision with no footage from the show itself!

So if the DVD release doesn't happen, it will be for that reason, as it would obviously otherwise be a cash cow for RTE!
SecretPassage is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 13-06-2012, 00:35
SecretPassage
Forum Member

It's absolutely fantastic - 100 times better than the snippets we have heard!
OMG yes! I love how J&E's voices are used in different ways, playing off each other, to add colour and contrast to the song. I hope they sing it like this live!
SecretPassage is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 13-06-2012, 01:38
jedward rule
Forum Member

Thanks for explaining the liam situation. I just saw a video on YouTube at the x factor auditions in Manchester 5.6.12 and a crazy runs at Edward. Have they got 2 bodyguards now to keep them safe

To find the video I'm referring to search Jedward at x factor Manchester it's only about 17 seconds long the person that's unloaded was amyhedge1
Old 13-06-2012, 02:30
jedward rule
Forum Member

I was just listen. To pov and people were saying it's the new pop rocket double meaning so I listen to the full teaser with the extra words yes they are right it's says about turning the camera to see from my pov it's about making a sex tape lol I can't wait to hear this in full oh yeah Jedwardsextape like the April fools trend remember
Old 13-06-2012, 03:06
jedward rule
Forum Member

Question people I don't know why YouTube restricted the 500,000 followers video to over 18s and not the 400,000 followers when is far more surggestive but dam good I love John in this obviously but Edward is awwwwww
oh yeah sorry I shouldnt watch it late at night and listen to pov. John and Edward have it all going on.
Old 13-06-2012, 07:10
flowerduck
Forum Member

Thanks for finding this link!
It's brilliant... And although I love Luminous I think this is a good choice for the release...
Old 13-06-2012, 07:16
flowerduck
Forum Member

OMG yes! I love how J&E's voices are used in different ways, playing off each other, to add colour and contrast to the song. I hope they sing it like this live!
Same here SP... You can really tell who is singing what in Young Love. I would love for them to do it like this live.

I think yes, it could be a challenge singing live, however, it isn't the kind of song they would be jumping around too so I think they could do a good job. I remember seeing a great live 'Hold the World' vocal on youtube, really well done
Old 13-06-2012, 08:37
no1clothes
Forum Member

Liam has returned to the X Factor this year as Louis' assistant. While he's doing that, J&E's mum has stepped into the role as their assistant (which is essentially what Liam did most of the time, even though his job title was "tour manager"). They've all known about Liam's plan for months, so they've had plenty of time to sort out a replacement for him.
Is that move permanent do you know? Will he not be working with Jedward any more?
Old 13-06-2012, 10:28
jedward rule
Forum Member

Have u got the link for the young love thread ?

Thanks
Old 13-06-2012, 10:31
rosemary
Forum Member

rosemary is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 13-06-2012, 10:49
River_Tam
Forum Member

Originally Posted by flowerduck;588*****
Same here SP... You can really tell who is singing what in Young Love. I would love for them to do it like this live.

I think yes, it could be a challenge singing live, however, it isn't the kind of song they would be jumping around too so I think they could do a good job. I remember seeing a great live 'Hold the World' vocal on youtube, really well done
they don't usually jump around that much singing hold the world, or When You Look Me In The Eyes or the back street boys song that I suddenly can't remember the title of.
Old 13-06-2012, 11:07
rosemary
Forum Member

Had a couple of people this morning saying they are not going to pay to download the single as they have downloaded it from youtube and are going to make do with that until they get the album...

Don't want to say too much, as it's great they they are getting the album...but it is a shame as I wonder how many others are doing the same thing? it has no chance of charting outside of Ireland if too many do it
Old 13-06-2012, 11:07
jedward rule
Forum Member

I want it that way
Old 13-06-2012, 11:13
jedward rule
Forum Member

Rosemary - What no everyone must download is a maxium of £1.49

We need to support ok will they say the same thing about the next single because they already have it on the album.

Download it on Friday everyone remember all that j and e do for u and they always go the extra mile so should all their fans x
Old 13-06-2012, 11:52
no1clothes
Forum Member

Nice Young Love flashmob from Finnish fans in Helsinki:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxQO6...layer_embedded
Old 13-06-2012, 12:24
flyingcamel
Forum Member

I couldn't have said it better

Originally Posted by flowerduck;588*****
I was listening to the song with my headphones on and I noticed how clearly you can tell them apart. It's brilliant. Their voices are neat and beautiful, and there's not an autotune abuse

As for those people who say that now they don't need to buy the song, shame on them. As a fan who lives in Narnia, I don't spend too much money on them as I can't go to concerts or anything. I just can buy/download legally their music and that's exactly what I do. Without sales their music careers would be over, and I don't know if those people remember that this is their 3rd album with UMI, and they signed a 3-albums deal. If this flops, their future may be uncertain.
flyingcamel is offline Follow this poster on Twitter  
Old 13-06-2012, 12:34
no1clothes
Forum Member

A pleasant surprise - galwaynews.ie have published an article with lots of excerpts from comments left in response to Declan Tierney's (nasty) article.

There is also a poll:

http://www.galwaynews.ie/26287-jedward-fans-respond
Old 13-06-2012, 12:42
rosemary
Forum Member

A pleasant surprise - galwaynews.ie have published an article with lots of excerpts from comments left in response to Declan Tierney's (nasty) article.

There is also a poll:

It won't let me vote on the poll, says "Voting temporarily closed for your remote address"
Old 13-06-2012, 12:43
Floh
Forum Member

There is also a poll:

Wasn't the author a brave man to take a pathetic pop.

Well done for the Connacht Sentinel for showing and telling, More will be published in next week’s Connacht Sentinel.

However is this to show Jedward fans to be crazy or a way for The Sentinel to make amends.
Old 13-06-2012, 12:43
no1clothes
Forum Member

It won't let me vote on the poll, says "Voting temporarily closed for your remote address"
It let me vote OK. Maybe they have noticed a lot of people from outside Ireland are voting?
Old 13-06-2012, 12:47
Eurostar
Forum Member

There is also a poll:

Fair play to the newspaper for publishing the comments. The writer was on a hiding to nothing with his article, saying they were a couple of talentless fakes who inexplicably were being hyped by RTE.
Old 13-06-2012, 12:48
zm90
Forum Member

It won't let me vote either, it probably is because we're outside of Ireland then. However it is nice of them to have published this, I certainly wasn't expecting it
Old 13-06-2012, 13:17
Floh
Forum Member

It let me vote OK. Maybe they have noticed a lot of people from outside Ireland are voting?
Ha! Has it ever been suggested by DS people from outside UK weren't welcome to participate before they opened the silly poll?
Old 13-06-2012, 13:19
Floh
Forum Member

Stop Press: The Count has mentioned The Sentinel has responded because they're running a marketing campaign and I see how it is now.

They want hits on their site and slagging of Jedward will do it. Same with Joe.ie. I've stopped commenting on his pathetic page.
Old 13-06-2012, 13:23
no1clothes
Forum Member

Stop Press: The Count has mentioned The Sentinel has responded because they're running a marketing campaign and I see how it is now.
I saw that. I can believe it but how does it work?

I mean - I'm reading their articles and voting in the poll, but they are not getting any money off me.

Closed Thread