Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Hobbit....so Excited

Old 04-07-2012, 13:50
Delboy219
Forum Member

Soap opera?

What super awesome soaps are you watching?
Delboy219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-07-2012, 18:48
Edmond-Dantès
Forum Member

Prequel you mean.

I read the book in preparation for the film coming out. I literally can't wait!!!
Not a prequel per se as The Hobbit was written long before the The Lord of the Rings was envisioned and eventually written by Tolkien after pressure from publishers and encouragement from his children and C.S Lewis. It was always intended to be part of the wider scope of The Silmarillion mythos though.
Edmond-Dantès is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 22:51
Edmond-Dantès
Forum Member

Seems as though the UK release date has been put back until Boxing day.

http://www.filmdates.co.uk/films/206...ected-journey/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/...o?mode=desktop
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?nid=34443
Old 06-07-2012, 11:13
Edmond-Dantès
Forum Member

It's a wrap!

http://i.imgur.com/APjtr.jpg
We made it! Shoot day 266 and the end of principal photography on The Hobbit. Thanks to our fantastic cast and crew for getting us this far, and to all of you for your support! Next stop, the cutting room. Oh, and Comic Con!
Cheers, Peter J
Source
Old 06-07-2012, 12:05
GARETH197901
Forum Member

Soap opera?

What super awesome soaps are you watching?
i suspect the poster is banging on about the 48fps furore,personally i would like to see the FINISHED PRODUCT before declaring it looks like a soap opera
GARETH197901 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 22:39
Edmond-Dantès
Forum Member

New poster:

http://i.imgur.com/PtGXV.jpg

Clearly John Howe inspired.

Trailer 2 with TDKR can't come soon enough.
Old 07-07-2012, 22:46
Starfish.r.cool
Forum Member

I am fuming! That is not fair at all I hope they reconsider!
Starfish.r.cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 23:42
lordo350
Forum Member

*facepalm*
They never bloody learn, do they? Pushing the UK date back now, are they? How many eager people are actually going to wait that extra two weeks? This is probably the most anticipated film of them all this year. Piracy will be through the roof.
lordo350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:21
Dai13371
Forum Member

Well it will take the sting out of having to endure another Christmas and the television fare like Eastenders and *insert generational relative type* of Gruffalo. Annual boxing day rugby derby followed by the Hobbit. Wonderful I must admit.
Dai13371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:28
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

*facepalm*
They never bloody learn, do they? Pushing the UK date back now, are they? How many eager people are actually going to wait that extra two weeks? This is probably the most anticipated film of them all this year. Piracy will be through the roof.
You wouldn't catch me watching a shaky-asia-cam version of my most anticipated cinematic experience for nine years!

I'll happily wait 12 days, I'll just avoid internet forums.
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:36
Dai13371
Forum Member

Good call. Make Christmas bearable that's what I think.
Old 09-07-2012, 19:32
Edmond-Dantès
Forum Member

UK premiere is confirmed for a December 14th release.
As a follow-up to our post yesterday, we can confirm that the US and UK release date for 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' remains December 14th 2012. There were a lot of websites reporting the UK release date was going to be December 26th, which then resulted in even other websites misconstruing the story suggesting the US release date was also being pushed. None of it is true, and our official sources confirm the date remains December 14th 2012. If that changes, TORn will be right here to alert you! (Join our social media outlets to get even faster alerts: @theonering.net / Facebook) We hope to also have a complete list of international release dates for you in the coming days. Happy Monday!
TORn have very good sources especially considering their close ties to the production team and even Peter himself. So, I think we can be confident that this is true.
Old 09-07-2012, 22:15
Edmond-Dantès
Forum Member

Wonderful promotional banner revealed:

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/...CROLL_6000.jpg

Full of spoilers for those who haven't read the book.
Old 09-07-2012, 22:55
Finny Skeleta
Forum Member

You wouldn't catch me watching a shaky-asia-cam version of my most anticipated cinematic experience for nine years!

I'll happily wait 12 days, I'll just avoid internet forums.
I'll be waiting more than 12 days.

I'm planning to go on my own to see a 2D showing on a Tuesday morning some time in the New Year after all the schools have gone back. It will be my first trip to the cinema in almost exactly three years.

I love watching films on a big screen but I despise everything else about the cinema experience, the main thing being people and I intend to watch watch the film with as few of them around as possible.

It will also very possibly be my last ever visit as well. In a way it's quite fortunate that my loathing for the cinema experience is matched by my loathing of contemporary cinema itself.
Finny Skeleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 16:07
oceanic815
Forum Member

UK premiere is confirmed for a December 14th release.

TORn have very good sources especially considering their close ties to the production team and even Peter himself. So, I think we can be confident that this is true.
Dead chuffed about this. Just cannot wait to see this film.

Wonderful promotional banner revealed:

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/...CROLL_6000.jpg

Full of spoilers for those who haven't read the book.
SUCH a cool banner! I re-read the book recently, I had forgotten quite how wonderful it was, and so far the movie definitely looks like it can live up to it. I'm very excited to see Freeman as Bilbo.
oceanic815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:21
NorfolkBoy1
Forum Member

I'll be waiting more than 12 days.

I'm planning to go on my own to see a 2D showing on a Tuesday morning some time in the New Year after all the schools have gone back. It will be my first trip to the cinema in almost exactly three years.

I love watching films on a big screen but I despise everything else about the cinema experience, the main thing being people and I intend to watch watch the film with as few of them around as possible.

It will also very possibly be my last ever visit as well. In a way it's quite fortunate that my loathing for the cinema experience is matched by my loathing of contemporary cinema itself.
I can sympathise, the last time I went to a Boxing Day screening was for f***ing Avatar, so in fact I'll be waiting a couple more days myself I would imagine!
NorfolkBoy1 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 17:44
Dai13371
Forum Member

So its back to December the 14th then. Hells bells. There is no annual boxing day rugby derby this year either. Christmas has gone back to being just shit again.
Old 12-07-2012, 00:43
the power king
Forum Member

So its back to December the 14th then. Hells bells. There is no annual boxing day rugby derby this year either. Christmas has gone back to being just shit again.
i think you right about the date but me and a mate hoping to see it Odean Leicester on 15/12/2012http://www.filmdates.co.uk/people/27901-richard-armitage/

on Boxing Day going to The Saints PREM

Wed 26 15:00 A Fulham PREM
the power king is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 18:57
Edmond-Dantès
Forum Member

Peter has confirmed on his Facebook page that there will not be a new trailer attached to The Dark Knight Rises.

The new trailer debuts in September.
Old 14-07-2012, 16:47
tonyshine
Forum Member

i tried so hard to read these books (LOTR and hobbit) and as a child they made no sense to me. It took the film for me to finally understand LOTR even having ready through half the book aged 10 and hope hobbit will do the same again!!!
tonyshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2012, 01:30
Edmond-Dantès
Forum Member

Hobbit footage shown at Comic-Con

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entert...0kW_story.html
Old 15-07-2012, 10:05
KevJ
Forum Member

It appears that PJ is considering splitting the Second Movie to make a third; using the Appendices as reference material. It think it's a great idea, as it could tie together alot of the additional background history & characters that span The Hobbit & LoTR.

He may just 'add' material to create Extended Editions for the Blu-ray/DVD. But apparently he's thinking of shooting additional material in order to create a 'Third' film.

I hope he goes with the 'third movie' option
KevJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 22:58
Edmond-Dantès
Forum Member

Production blog #8 featuring Comic-Con footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS3am...ature=youtu.be

First look at the Stone Giants, as well as a Dwarven army.
Old 24-07-2012, 01:26
Edmond-Dantès
Forum Member

The Stone Giant.

http://postimage.org/image/c3adr4lxd/full/
Old 24-07-2012, 10:34
Conall Cearnach
Forum Member

That's cool! I didn't expect them to include the Stone Giants as they get like one line in the book.
Conall Cearnach is offline   Reply With Quote