Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

silent witness on bbc1 now

Old 19-08-2012, 21:52
mills705
Forum Member

This two parter seems particularly disgustingly bad especially to do with the asian grooming aspect. I feel sick. I want to punch them.
My mum says that this is quite a common occurance apparantly. Shes a teacher and apparently this is something that she had to deal with in the past.

Body in the suitcase though- i have a feeling it was someone adding to that guys suitcases.
mills705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 19-08-2012, 21:58
squirts mum
Forum Member

I'm finding it very disturbing, I'm originally from an area where this practice was very common when I was a teenager and I'm now in my mid forties.
squirts mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 22:02
Hit Em Up Style
Forum Member

My cousin is a teacher at an inner London school and has also heard of similar situations. It seems quite shocking its this wide spread. It makes you wonder if enough is being done to stop it. Surely educating within schools is the best way of raising awareness about the issue?
Hit Em Up Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 22:11
DavetheScot
Forum Member

It's certainly a very disturbing episode, especially as we know this does go on. I can see why they postponed it with that case that was going on.
DavetheScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 22:16
Gill P
Forum Member

My sister and I were in Liverpool when the case was being tried at the Crown Court. There were hundreds of police around and about just in case there was any trouble.
Gill P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 22:21
alonzo11
Forum Member

The PC brigade have ensured this behaviour has been covered up for decades, a disgrace to the detriment of many young girls.
alonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 22:25
stipey2
Forum Member

Whilst I am all for raising awareness of such difficult issues I have found Silent Witness has become a little too dark and uncomfortable for my liking. Tonight's episode was no exception.
stipey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 22:32
mrblank
Forum Member

madeline duggan who was amy and was the first lauren branning in EE was awesome
mrblank is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 22:57
mills705
Forum Member

im 23 and Ive not really seen this as where I live is OK. However I was part of the bebo/ habbo hotel surge when I was younger and I can see how easy it would be for certain types of girls to become easily impressionable to feel like they have a boyfriend or something.

I do think it should be taught in schools the dangers of older men of any race. As I think equally any race can be guilty of this.

Interestingly when I was at uni there was always men of Eastern European origin or Black or asian standing at the side of the dance floor sort of lurking. I always had an uneasy feeling about them. Especially since they were alone. I always made a point of looking after girls I knew as they were obviously after one thing.
Old 19-08-2012, 22:58
kalikikikan
Forum Member

I found that very uncomfortable viewing, especially in light of it's deferred airing, due to the court case. In this case, as with some storylines in Spooks, fact and fiction merge as one.
kalikikikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 23:03
mills705
Forum Member

i think that the story writers do take after some news stories.

There was a CSI where a guy was very much a michael jackson esque type of guy where he was spending nights with kids and did lots for charities. There was an allegation of sexual assault but in the end it couldnt stick.... sound familiar!?
Old 19-08-2012, 23:05
Nosnikrapl
Inactive Member

Superb but as many said so difficult but perhaps that is the way to get issues like this into public awareness more. I agree with whoever said that PC brigade have meant that its been almost impossible to talk about stuff like for years.
Nosnikrapl is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 00:24
Whothaman

My sister and I were in Liverpool when the case was being tried at the Crown Court. There were hundreds of police around and about just in case there was any trouble.
A lot of other groups tried to jump on the bandwagon. The BNP, EDL & Anti Facist League were all demonstrating outside Liverpool Crown Court at points throughout the trial resulting in a large Police presence.
Whothaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 00:27
platelet
Forum Member

i think that the story writers do take after some news stories.

There was a CSI where a guy was very much a michael jackson esque type of guy where he was spending nights with kids and did lots for charities. There was an allegation of sexual assault but in the end it couldnt stick.... sound familiar!?
CSI do it quiet subtly sometimes as well. The season six episode bite me was based on the Micheal Peterson case which was documented in Jean-Xavier de Lestrade's Death on the Staircase documentary
platelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 02:54
mrblank
Forum Member

im wondering what the 2 girls who were met outside their scholl by those 3 guys who deserved to be strung up told their parents regarding where they were
mrblank is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 07:06
roddydogs
Forum Member

The Boiler blowing up was just Ludicrous, then she just happened to be there when the girl ran into the road......how convenient. for the plot. How much would a body weigh? It would surely have been searched before.
roddydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 08:42
csiaddict71
Forum Member

The Boiler blowing up was just Ludicrous, then she just happened to be there when the girl ran into the road......how convenient. for the plot. How much would a body weigh? It would surely have been searched before.
LOL - I said that to my OH, surely a body (even a dessicated, decomposed one), would exceed the baggage allowance weight?! Not to mention the smell, no way would that go undected by anyone!
csiaddict71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 08:44
newkid30
Forum Member

I was watching too, and I too found it difficult viewing. I've read many articles over the years about this grooming of underage white girls by Aisans, it's a disturbingly common occurence.
The poor girl locked in the room being drugged and raped was horrendous, where were any of the girls parents in all of this. Do they not wonder where their kids are?
The girl in hospital, I'm terrified about what's going to happen to her.
It reminds me alot of another case Silent Witness covered in South Africa about trafficing and prostitution of young girls also very distrubing to watch.
In saying all that I am eager to see the outcome.

Just a question, is this part of the current series that just aired or an older episode? It felt like an older one as Leo was more normal than in the most recent series where he went off the wall.
newkid30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 09:24
Ethel_Fred
Forum Member

The poor girl locked in the room being drugged and raped was horrendous, where were any of the girls parents in all of this. Do they not wonder where their kids are?
Most of the kids have previous "problems" and are in children's homes.

Oddly enough Rochdale - where one of the recent grooming cases was - has the highest number of privately owned children's homes in the country.
Ethel_Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 09:37
Meldrewman
Forum Member

Gave it a miss this time - the fact that the team seem to be alongside the police solving cases was becoming increasingly ludicrous.
Meldrewman is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 09:39
MR. Macavity
Forum Member

Just a question, is this part of the current series that just aired or an older episode? It felt like an older one as Leo was more normal than in the most recent series where he went off the wall.
It was part of the recent series, but was dropped due to an ongoing trial at the time of intended broadcast.

Wondering whether the episode may have been re-edited slightly regarding Leo's series story arc?

Agree it was uncomfortable viewing at times.
MR. Macavity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 09:50
newkid30
Forum Member

It was part of the recent series, but was dropped due to an ongoing trial at the time of intended broadcast.

Wondering whether the episode may have been re-edited slightly regarding Leo's series story arc?

Agree it was uncomfortable viewing at times.
Ah I see, I think I remember something about an episode being dropped alright. It was alot more watchable than the last series which I actually stopped watching as the episodes got more and more ridiculous, this is more like the old Silent Witness IMO.
newkid30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 09:52
kalikikikan
Forum Member

LOL - I said that to my OH, surely a body (even a dessicated, decomposed one), would exceed the baggage allowance weight?! Not to mention the smell, no way would that go undected by anyone!
I noticed that from the outside shots, the room that the girl was being held in was very close to the airport, could one of them be working there? Ideal way to dispose of a body in such circumstances.
kalikikikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 10:58
mills705
Forum Member

There was a shot of an old man packing suitcases that had been abandoned from gatwick airport i think from an auction house.
As he is loading his just about last suitcase someone hands him another one. So im thinking it could be a way of disposing the bodies if he dumps the bags after he has looted them!
Old 20-08-2012, 11:51
Glawster2002
Forum Member

Cheltenham gas blast home owner 'did not have gas cooker'

My friend lived next door and was in her house when the explosion happened, it does happen and so certainly can't be called "ludicrous".
Glawster2002 is offline   Reply With Quote