Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 24-08-2012, 17:43
dorydaryl
Forum Member

Jason Donovan was exceptionally rude when I met him at a radio station last year. I was there as part of my Uni course and he came in for an interview- not only did his press agent forward a ridiculously long list to our production team regarding questions they weren't allowed to ask, he also rang ahead to cancel a meet and greet with some of his "superfans" (most of whom had been waiting at the station for a very long time)

Came into the studio in giant sunglasses and a hat. Didn't smile or talk to anyone until he went on air when, surprise surprise, he became Mr Personality.
That's disappointing
dorydaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-08-2012, 15:24
clara_s
Forum Member

I met Tom Cruise at the weekend and he was surprisingly unaffected and pleasant...
clara_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 15:55
sweepydog
Forum Member

I can not make up my mind whether he is nice or has major anger issues...has any one met him ?
sweepydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 16:02
laurielou
Forum Member

I can not make up my mind whether he is nice or has major anger issues...has any one met him ?
I haven't met him, but I see him around quite a lot. He's not looking great these days, tbh - you can tell he's a bit of a boozer.
laurielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 17:41
sweepydog
Forum Member

I saw a picture in the paper and he looks fat and a bit raddled, I dont know whether he really is a bit of a loose cannon with his fists as his last wife suggested and am some how intrigued to know
Old 27-08-2012, 18:37
laurielou
Forum Member

I saw a picture in the paper and he looks fat and a bit raddled, I dont know whether he really is a bit of a loose cannon with his fists as his last wife suggested and am some how intrigued to know
He looks awful in person. When I first saw him I genuinely thought "god, that homeless bloke looks just like SB...." before realising "oh. It is SB". I used to have such a crush on him back in the day as well, but - yuk. He doesn't seem all that savoury. Walked past him once outside a pub, he was just effing and blinding away. Re: wife - 4th wife isn't it? "Volatile relationship"? Hmm.
laurielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 18:48
sweepydog
Forum Member

So did I, when he was Sharpe , so I could hardly believe it when I saw the photo.
He really has gone down hill.
Old 27-08-2012, 19:31
RegTheHedge
Inactive Member

Midge Ure - though he wasn't in Ultravox when they sung my fave..the wild,beautiful and the damned

Oops ,conversation killer
RegTheHedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 22:37
Westy2
Forum Member

Jason Donovan was exceptionally rude when I met him at a radio station last year. I was there as part of my Uni course and he came in for an interview- not only did his press agent forward a ridiculously long list to our production team regarding questions they weren't allowed to ask, he also rang ahead to cancel a meet and greet with some of his "superfans" (most of whom had been waiting at the station for a very long time)

Came into the studio in giant sunglasses and a hat. Didn't smile or talk to anyone until he went on air when, surprise surprise, he became Mr Personality.
Don't suppose you can reveal any of the no no questions, can you?

Did any involve a previous relationship with a certain former co star?

A certain court case involving a now defunct magazine & his private life?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 00:08
wise-up
Forum Member

Who are you talking about?
wise-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 00:26
lem01uk
Forum Member

I've met quite a few celebrities and fortunately they have all been lovely:

Bruce Dickinson - did his Flight 666 simulator trip. Really down to earth and a complete gentleman.
America Ferrera - absolutely lovely, and very, very tiny.
John Barrowman - really lovely and took time to sign autographs and pose for photos.
Adam Garcia - really lovely.
Peter Egan and Robert Daws - met them after a play, were really fun.
Darius Campbell - a really nice person.
David Suchet - just like Poirot, an absolute gentleman.
Marshall Lancaster - very quiet, but lovely.
Dame Judi Dench - sooo patient with everyone, again so tiny in real life.
The whole cast of Mrs Brown - met them at BBC Scotland after a show recording. They are so brilliant and posed with everyone for photos, plenty of kisses and cuddles. They are so down to earth.
Nick Knowles - very down to earth, hates stuck up "stars".

As I say I have been very lucky, a friend however has met a few "horrors".

Michael Crawford - lovely when he was doing Barnum, since then has got a very up himself.
Lesley Joseph - nightmare.
Cliff Richard - awful.
lem01uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 14:45
MadMoo40
Forum Member

Years ago I met John Cleese during a work function. He was really rude and totally up his own a*se. Only wanted to talk to the "top people" and actually turned his back on me when I said hello. I wasn't being star-struck, but my job was PA to the Director, so I was greeting him as I would anyone else. Really obnoxious man.

Met Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the height of their Fame - just after Relax and Two Tribes had been number one. They came to my school after our class invited them in to do an interview for our school magazine (we found out what hotel they were staying in and contacted them). They were great, answered all our questions and had photos taken with all of us. They were only in the area for a couple of days, but happily gave up a couple of hours for us. The only one who didn't come was Holly Johnson who was hungover apparently!

I also met Joey Barton as he was getting on the team coach after a match. Even though they'd lost, he got out and signed autographs when the fans (of the team who beat them!) called his name. He had a photo taken with my son, so I'm a fan now - despite the reputation!
MadMoo40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 03:40
SuperAPJ
Forum Member

Met Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the height of their Fame - just after Relax and Two Tribes had been number one. They came to my school after our class invited them in to do an interview for our school magazine
That couldn't happen nowadays! There would be uproar from parents over the supposed filth of "Relax"!
SuperAPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 04:10
Wynne Evans
Inactive Member

Nice- Dennis Waterman, Alun Armstrong and Amanda Redman, Anthony Calf. Larry Hagman.

Nasty - James Bolam, Brian Kirkwood and Dale Winton. Matt Baker and Christine Irish bint.
Wynne Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 06:02
Westy2
Forum Member

Nice- Dennis Waterman, Alun Armstrong and Amanda Redman, Anthony Calf. Larry Hagman.

Nasty - James Bolam, Brian Kirkwood and Dale Winton. Matt Baker and Christine Irish bint.
Suppose we'd better add Bolam to the Cilla & Lulu list too?

Does anyone have a good word for Bolam?
Westy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 10:38
bookaddict
Forum Member

My friend has met Larry Hagman - said he was incredibly friendly, just a lovely, lovely guy.

He also met Bill Clinton. Said he was very charismatic, very charming and very nice.
bookaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 12:18
CRM
Forum Member

Does not surprise me about Christine. She loves herself.
CRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 12:46
latinloulou
Forum Member

It does surprise me about Matt Baker,
latinloulou is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 13:31
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Not me. He was obviously fuming when he didn't win Strictly Come Dancing, I prefer Chris Evans on The One Show anyway.
Vodka_Drinka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 14:22
SourCherry
Forum Member

Not me. He was obviously fuming when he didn't win Strictly Come Dancing, I prefer Chris Evans on The One Show anyway.
Me either. He reminds me of someone I used to sh@g. He was an awful individual too.
SourCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 15:50
soundstory
Forum Member

Yes he once saved my cat when it was stuck up a tree
soundstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 17:26
realwales
Forum Member

Yes I'm aware of a child actor who worked closely with him and said he was a great bloke.
realwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 20:08
Nyota
Forum Member

Not me. He's always come across as an up-himself little snit whenever I've had the misfortune to catch the One Show.
Nyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 20:46
katmobile
Forum Member

Me either. He reminds me of someone I used to sh@g. He was an awful individual too.
It begs the question of why you'd do it with someone you disliked so much really!
katmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 21:40
loveloveX
Inactive Member

has anyone ever met Jennifer Aniston? i LOVE LOVE LOVE her and met at the horrible bosses premiere last year in july and she was so lovely and she gave me a hug!

has anyone else ever had an experience with her or heard anything?
loveloveX is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote