Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met (merged)

Old 18-09-2012, 15:08
SourCherry
Forum Member

Just what I was thinking!
Already answered...

Despite him being an idiot, he was pretty good in the sack
This also...

I don't know why this is giving so many people so much trouble! It is assumable that intercourse antedated antipathy, obviously and elementarily.
SourCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 18-09-2012, 23:14
kenny12
Forum Member

Nice:

Simon Fuller - Always polite, well mannered and always remembers 'insignificant' people's names when he really doesn't need to.

Simon Cowell - polite, charming and engaging.

Emma Bunton - always 'on', chatty, smiley and great with fans.

Carrie Underwood - Sweet and polite but... a bit dull. Only encountered her once, though. Probably jet lagged.

Geri Halliwell - mad as a box of frogs but on a 'good day' she is an amazing person to be around. Infectious, inspiring, charming, smart, if she 'likes' the look/aura/vibe of you - she will remember your name and greet you like a long lost best friend every time she see's you. Dirty laugh that is very infectious!

David Beckham - Even more stunning in real life, very polite, unassuming, down-to-earth. Bit dull for me, but always seems like a great chap.

Victoria Beckham - won't hear a bad word against Vicky B. FABULOUS at all times - very petite and pretty in person. Quite smiley (though she often hides her mouth or looks around for cameras if she giggles). VERY professional and business savvy - if you're working for her and not doing your job properly she has no problem telling you, not much gets past her in terms of business or money but always plays fair. Here come the oft' said ones - witty, funny, dry sense of humor and self deprecating. Classics. But true.

Lewis Hamilton - Not met the chap but watched him sign what must have been well over 40 autographs and have his picture taken almost each time with a smile on his face after saying to a colleague that he was in a rush to meet his step-mum! awwww.

Jennifer Saunders: Sometimes shy but very kind, generous and naturally hilarious.

Not so nice:

Geri Halliwell: Not pleasant to be around on a bad day. The stories I could tell! Has been quite rude even to fans who have waited for hours to meet her on occasions - but usually feels bad afterwards. All in all a very compassionate person, heart is in the right place but temperament up and down like a ping pong ball.

Judy Craymer: Very elusive, borderline rude. Not sure if she is self concious of has one hell of a superiority complex.

Andy Murray: Not impressed with Andy either time I encountered him. Uninterested in anyone but himself, balshy and 'allegedly' watched him say "for f*cks sake", in my opinion, in the face of a PA over some minor miscommunication over his preferred beverage.

Mel B: Demanding, rude, loud, unreasonable, obnoxious, money-grabbing harridan.
kenny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 02:57
CRM
Forum Member

Anyone met Miranda Hart?
No, I keep on waiting for her to come out.
CRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 04:40
Button62
Forum Member

Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol is an absolutely lovely bloke. Very chatty and friendly in my shop a few weeks ago where he bought a couple of T shirts.
Button62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 13:54
RandomPeter94
Forum Member

Greg James was DJing at the Syndicate in Bristol for a fresher event for my Uni (UWE). Fairly often whilst he was DJing, he waved and smiled & sometimes said hi to people. He put on a decent show and was so into some of the songs (dancing whilst DJing) :P

I was standing with my friend just behind where Greg was DJing, Greg turned round to that point, I waved and smiled and he waved&smiled and nodded back at me! It kind of felt like it was a normal guy doing it, but some famous lol. Was well chuffed when he did that lol, even if it isn't exactly a chat or a photo/autograph which I doubt he could of done anyway lol. Seemed a really down to earth guy!
RandomPeter94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 14:59
designer84
Forum Member

I met Kathy Griffin once when she did her stand up over here last year. I won meet and greet tickets with my ex bf. She was wonderful. She is so lovely and funny and catty. she signed anything and everything we threw at her (not literally) and she decided to sign our "home made" t-shirts my ex made. She wrote "SUCK IT!" Love Kathy Griffin on them. She gave hugs and kisses and really surprised me. Being a fan I know she can be a bit B.I.T.C.H.Y but I know she loves her gays too. She also does a lot of charity work.
designer84 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 15:50
Staticboombox
Forum Member

Sophie eliis bextor was lovley took time for all that had waited for her after her show she is also stunning in the flesh .
Anthony stewart head very polite and friendly
Lizzy cundy hardly a celeb but she comes into the place i work and is very polite but always wears her sunglasses inside which annoys me lol
Also met christina aguilera she is amazing she knows whats going on at the drop of a hat she knows what she wants and how she wants it done but is very appreciative once things are done. Her staff and crew seemed to genuinly liker her to . though i wouldnt want to get on the wrong side of her

Last edited by Staticboombox : 19-09-2012 at 15:57. Reason: Posted before finishing
Staticboombox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 16:06
Staticboombox
Forum Member

My friends husband is a chauffaur the only celeb he found rude was kelly rowland she was a hour late and so she went on to miss her flight and acted like a mardy cow the rest of the journey espesh when he wouldnt park the car where she wanted him to as it was illigal to park there she also seemed to think he was her servant .
Staticboombox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 09:05
kenny12
Forum Member

I met Kathy Griffin once when she did her stand up over here last year. I won meet and greet tickets with my ex bf. She was wonderful. She is so lovely and funny and catty. she signed anything and everything we threw at her (not literally) and she decided to sign our "home made" t-shirts my ex made. She wrote "SUCK IT!" Love Kathy Griffin on them. She gave hugs and kisses and really surprised me. Being a fan I know she can be a bit B.I.T.C.H.Y but I know she loves her gays too. She also does a lot of charity work.
You lucky sod!

I am absolutely going to try to meet her next time she's over here. There's no way I would have chance in LA.

Glad you had a good experience - Your story kind of reminded me of the bit she told in one of her specials about when she met Celine Dion haha!

I hope you called her a 'Crazie Biatch' in Kathy's epic Cher voice too haha.
kenny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 22:18
ezlistening
Forum Member

Met lots over the years through work:

From the old days:

Anthony Newley - top man
Joan Collins - always friendly and charming
Eric Morcambe - quieter than you would imagine, could be a bit tetchy
Ernie Wise - warm, great company
Bruce Forsythe - thoroughly professional yet friendly, didn't suffer fools gladly
Lulu - sparky and lively. good fun
Cilla Black - World's biggest snob

More Recently:

Alesha Dixon - really genuine, warm and funny personality. Probably too nice for her own good.
Lulu - people change
Len Goodman - has a very high opinion of himself
Paul Daniels - much nicer person than many people seem to think
Terry Wogan - developed a right ego
ezlistening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 22:46
twitterbird
Forum Member

deleted
twitterbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 22:49
CUP OF TEAAA!
Forum Member

No, I keep on waiting for her to come out.
But she's not lesbian!
CUP OF TEAAA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 23:45
mich_izzle
Inactive Member

Don't know if you can really call them proper celebrities but Dick and Dom. They did a DJing set at a nightclub at my uni. Lets just say that Dick lived up to his name..very rude and when fans would try and interact with them he just completely blanked us and kept downing his whiskey and cokes and demanding that people in the club buy him drinks. He also refused any photos, very stuck up his own arse. Dom was a little better and had more interaction with fans but wasn't much of a people pleaser
mich_izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 21:52
sparkle22
Forum Member

Ive long suspected terry wogan isn't as nice as he makes out.
anyone who gets paid thousands for a charity event is not a decent person.
sparkle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 22:27
loveloveX
Inactive Member

has anyone ever met any of the royals?
loveloveX is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 22:58
Phoenix Lazarus
Forum Member

Ive long suspected terry wogan isn't as nice as he makes out.
anyone who gets paid thousands for a charity event is not a decent person.
You wouldn't have like Jimmy Savile, then, given he said he always charged at least five figures per public appearance.
Phoenix Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 23:21
One486Soldiers
Forum Member

I met Biffy Clyro at a record signing back in 2008 as they were just making it big. They seemed like genuinely great guys, really down to Earth and talkative with their fans. I got a bit overexcited though. Haha.
One486Soldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 23:43
zx50
Forum Member

You wouldn't have like Jimmy Savile, then, given he said he always charged at least five figures per public appearance.
I'd imagine not all public appearances were charity events.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 03:04
TheWildHeart
Inactive Member

I officially hate you
TheWildHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 11:04
latinloulou
Forum Member

has anyone ever met any of the royals?
Not met exactly, but my chap used to be a chef at a restaurant where Zara Phillips and Mike Tyndall used to eat regularly, the staff said they were always lovely. Her father however was not so nice when it was pointed out that his dog was not allowed in the restaurant area - he gave the 'do you know who I am' speech
latinloulou is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 09:45
Goldbear86
Inactive Member

I'm meeting Paul o Grady on Monday through work. So excited and a bit nervous!
Goldbear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 09:51
latinloulou
Forum Member

I'm meeting Paul o Grady on Monday through work. So excited and a bit nervous!

I get the impression he will be a lovely bloke, I'm jealous !
Old 28-09-2012, 10:45
Goldbear86
Inactive Member

I get the impression he will be a lovely bloke, I'm jealous !
I'm nervous! Ever been interviewed by anyone for tv least of all someone I really like!
Goldbear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 11:36
latinloulou
Forum Member

I'm nervous! Ever been interviewed by anyone for tv least of all someone I really like!
let us know how it went !
Old 28-09-2012, 14:45
noodkleopatra
Forum Member

Met Suzi Quatro - shes absolutely lovely, got a photo and I got her autograph. I'm a massive Quatro fan, and was totally starstruck, and she asked if I was okay because I could barely talk. I told her I was a bit nervous about meeting her, and she gave me a hug.

Was also surprised about how short she was, and how great her arse looks, especially in ripped jeans. Also, she looked quite 'motherly', I'm not sure if that's the right word.

I also "spoke" to the lead singer of La Roux, didn't 'meet her' as such, she was performing in a relatively small open-air amphitheater here in Perth (West Australia) and we had a storm, which in turn had strong winds that blew a big screen down onto the stage, nearly hitting the drummer. Anyway, she just continued, came into the audience and asked for jokes. Again, I got a bit starstruck, and I wanted to tell a slightly-blue joke, (although the person before unfortunately ruined it by telling a racist joke about our Indigenous population - luckily, I'm not sure she knew what an "Abo" was), but all that came out was "Why did the lobster blush? Cos 'it saw the ship's bottom). She kinda groaned, the audience booed, and then she laughed.

Also, not sure if they're known back home in the UK, but I met Katie Noonan and Kate Miller-Heidke at a Cyndi Lauper concert.

Kate Miller-Heidke is a bit of a diva, not very interested in the little people, and I think a bit shitty that she wasn't the headline act.

Katie Noonan, however, was absolutely delightful - she asked about my name (it's an Irish one that's common in Ireland but not elsewhere), and seemed genuinely interested, asked if I was excited about seeing Cyndi, and seemed genuinely happy when I said that I thought she was fantastic. Made a bit of a faux pas, though, as I said I hadn't really heard her music much before, but she laughed it off, and I said that I'd be getting her albums. But so down-to-earth, and I've seen her in interviews and she is just as lovely.

I also shouted "I bloody love you" to Cyndi Lauper and she said she loved me too, bless her, and I got a wave and a smile from Deborah Harry when I shouted, "I bloody love you" to her. My mate also did the Sound Teching for the Blondie show, and apparently Debbie is a really cool chick.

Also saw Jeremy Beadle in Blackpool Pleasure Beach when I was very young, he was waiting for the same ride as us. Dad whispered in my ear it was Jeremy Beadle, and I couldn't stop staring. Then I said, quite loudly, "Dad, are those two men his boyfriends?".

Needless to say, Beadle didn't end up going on the ride. Quick exit.
noodkleopatra is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote