Options

Virgin Media changelog

Comments

• Options
    weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    There is a coming soon screen on channel 828 for The Africa Channel.

It is launching on Virgin in a few days. It is already on satellite and shows a wide variety of African shows, including shows from South Africa and Kenya.

Not exactly Sky Atlantic but I'm sure people from or interested in Africa will enjoy some of the shows.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,726
    Forum Member
    ..I'm sure people from or interested in Africa will enjoy some of the shows.
    Exactly :)
  • Options
    Felim_DoyleFelim_Doyle Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    No sign of The Africa Channel UK on my ex-NTL/CWC Pace Di4000-N STB here in Aylesbury or even a place-holder on channel 828 yet. As it is now a Free-To-Air channel on Sky, I hope we will have it on VM soon.

Other than that, there has been little or no movement on the VM network apart from the fleeting appearance of the additional BBC and Channel4 channels for the Olympic and Paralympic Games.

Total channels / streams 420 / 48 here currently but the games coverage showed that there is plenty of capacity still available.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sign of The Africa Channel UK on my ex-NTL/CWC Pace Di4000-N STB here in Aylesbury or even a place-holder on channel 828 yet. As it is now a Free-To-Air channel on Sky, I hope we will have it on VM soon.

Other than that, there has been little or no movement on the VM network apart from the fleeting appearance of the additional BBC and Channel4 channels for the Olympic and Paralympic Games.

Total channels / streams 420 / 48 here currently but the games coverage showed that there is plenty of capacity still available.

The Africa Channel has been postponed by up to 10 days, due to "operational difficulties" :)
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Africa Channel has been postponed by up to 10 days, due to "operational difficulties" :)

The Coming Soon page is back on 828.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Coming Soon page is back on 828.

Thanks. I believe it will be starting on Thursday.
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I believe it will be starting on Thursday.

Programs are showing in the EPG from 06:00 tomorrow.
  • Options
    wilts_ianwilts_ian Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV5 Monde Europe now on 825
  • Options
    Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,336
    Forum Member
    wilts_ian wrote: »
    TV5 Monde Europe now on 825
    TV5 Monde Europe has been available on Virgin Media for years.
  • Options
    cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    martine93 wrote: »
    TV5 Monde Europe has been available on Virgin Media for years.
    I think it is available to all subscription tiers for October...
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 + 1 now broadcasting on channel 155 (Direct Observation)
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,028
    Forum Member
    I have had a phone call from my Virgin Insider, Cinemoi - the French Movie channel will stop broadcasting on Virgin from the 12th of November
    and Cinemoi Customers will be having a £6.99 Credit added to their bill in November/December
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I have had a phone call from my Virgin Insider, Cinemoi - the French Movie channel will stop broadcasting on Virgin from the 12th of November
    and Cinemoi Customers will be having a £6.99 Credit added to their bill in November/December

I suspect it could be completely closing down in the UK and Ireland, the website merely has a holding page now.

They have recently launched on DirecTV so maybe they are concentrating on the US now?
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    mersey70 wrote: »
    I suspect it could be completely closing down in the UK and Ireland, the website merely has a holding page now.

They have recently launched on DirecTV so maybe they are concentrating on the US now?

it's possible. However Film4 likes to show different stuff so perhaps the content is still here just through another channel?
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    it's possible. However Film4 likes to show different stuff so perhaps the content is still here just through another channel?

Hopefully, I wasn't a subscriber but it's always a shame when a niche channel closes.
  • Options
    Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,336
    Forum Member
    S4C and S4C AD are now available outside wales on Channel 167 and Channel 856 respectively.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Alba has also been added.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...on channel 188.
  • Options
    ally8971ally8971 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    StarLifeOK Has hopped into channel no 804.
    placeholder says ABP News will stop brodcasting on the 22nd 0f November.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At approx 12.30am, VM launched three new music on demand barker channels on channels 302,303 & 305.
  • Options
    jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New channels added to EPG: CBS Drama 197 - Star Gold (coming soon) - encrypted 801 - Rishtey (coming soon) showing promo 827 - Good Times (coming soon) - encrypted 829

(No sign of any of the channels from Al Jazeera rumoured to be starting today.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EPG now listing programmes for all 4 channels.
  • Options
    TechnixTechnix Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New channels now available on Virgin Media:

Al Jazeera English - 622
    UMP Movies - 830
    Al Jazeera Arabic - 836
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More 4 +1 now added on 196
  • Options
    ally8971ally8971 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Just noticed at 6pm
    And now On BBC 1
    The news followed by Reporting Scotland Aso in HD
    Checked the EPG and indead we are now getting BBC One Scotland In HD!

Other Regions like Wales and Northern Ireland may also have their own BBC One HD