Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the rebuff, he made fun of her breasts which she said was really humiliating. I can believe that, especially as teenagers are often lacking self confidence in their physical appearance. It was a cruel thing to say, but speaks volumes about Starr's character that he felt the need to make such a personal attack after she rejected him.

By the way, I wish I'd found the 'ignore' feature before. I now have 3 on my list and already my blood pressure is dropping :)

The way Karin describes it, she was absolutely devastated by his comment and felt terrible afterwards. If only Starr had kept his big mouth shut that day, he wouldn't be in this spot of bother now :)
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,183
    Forum Member
    Yes. Her story has been consistent throughout and not 'heavily edited'. She basically said he groped her and when she rebuffed him, he insulted her. What he did was creepy, but nothing like what JS got up to, and it doesn't come across that she's making Starr out to be a child-molester at all, just an opportunist with wandering hands.

There was discussion on here earlier about who was in the room when Karin says she saw Jimmy Savile with a girl and Gary Glitter...I went to check the ITV interview and everything said about Freddie Starr has been deleted.

This Morning didn't confirm Karin had modified her account only Freddie Starr & his girlfriend said she had.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Sir Jimmy Savile causes anguish at the Athenaeum

The late Cardinal Basil Hume is being held responsible for the election of Sir Jimmy Savile as a member of the Athenaeum, the historical Pall Mall establishment.

Not since Guy Burgess – a member of the Reform – defected to the Soviet Union, have members of an august club been more embarrassed. At the Athenaeum, however, its worthies are placing the blame for the election of Sir Jimmy Savile, who now stands accused of being a serial sex offender, on the shoulders of one deceased member.
    “A lot of us took the view that Savile would not be a natural habitué of a club that has counted Sir Winston Churchill, Lord Palmerston and Lord Curzon as members, but the fact is we had no choice,” one grandee of the establishment in Pall Mall informs Mandrake.

“It was Cardinal Basil Hume, at the time the Archbishop of Westminster, who put this character up for membership, and, while we did give consideration to blackballing Savile, we knew that would have had to result in something that could not be countenanced – Hume stepping down.”
    Savile had to wait only two months before being admitted to the club in 1984.
    “It’s a considerable thrill for someone like me to be able to rub shoulders with the fascinating people who use the Athenaeum,” the disc jockey said. “I hope to go there once a week and have lunch or dinner with the object of speaking to people like ex-prime ministers.”

The cardinal had introduced Savile to Pope John Paul II when he visited Britain in 1982. Of Savile’s election to the Athenaeum, the cardinal’s spokesman noted: “He is a great admirer of what Jimmy has done for young people – and Stoke Mandeville – and is delighted to help in this matter.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/celebritynews/9596850/Sir-Jimmy-Savile-causes-anguish-at-the-Athenaeum.html
    Hume was accused in 'hushing up' a suspected sexual abuse scandal at Ampleforth College by not calling in the police when he received a complaint from parents in 1975 about Father Piers Grant-Ferris, the son of a Tory peer at Gilling Castle, formerly a prep school for Ampleforth. In 2005, Grant-Ferris admitted 20 incidents of child abuse. This was not an isolated incident and involved other monks and lay members. The Yorkshire Post reported in 2005; "Pupils at a leading Roman Catholic school suffered decades of abuse from at least six paedophiles following a decision by former Abbot Basil Hume not to call in police at the beginning of the scandal." [16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_Hume#Controversies
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,183
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    The way Karin describes it, she was absolutely devastated by his comment and felt terrible afterwards. If only Starr had kept his big mouth shut that day, he wouldn't be in this spot of bother now :)

The thing I noticed about her interview before it was cut, was her anger regarding his alledged remarks.

By the way she did say it was in front of everyone else who was in the room, which makes me believeshe did say originally it happened the same night as the other things she said she saw.
  • Options
    Dom McGlincheyDom McGlinchey Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    To be fair to Hume, who the above poster is slightly nastily insinuating may have been involved in this, Saville was a devout catholic who had campaigned for the sainthood of Margaret Sinclair in the 70s because his mum had prayed to her when he was ill as a child. Allied that to the fact he was seen as a squeaky clean top light entertainment star at that time and it's pretty easy to clear the cardinal of anything sordid.
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people think that Karin has changed her story? I have just reread the chapter and it doesn't say the incidents happened at the same time, so unless she has said something different in an interview I can't see where she has changed her version of events.

In chapter 4 of her online book posted on the FanStory.com I posted links to it on here and people on here read it. She did place the 3 men in the room at the same time, papers printed it but have since removed it except this paper below who lift their stories from other papers. The online book was pulled 4/10/12 so you must have copied the page to be able to reread it. The chapter was called ' New Skills and Visitors Chapter 4 written July 2010

Gary Glitter sexually assaulted a 13-year-old girl in Jimmy Savile's dressing room as the TV presenter groped another girl aged 14, according to a woman who claims to have witnessed the abuse in the 1970s.

Karin Ward also asserts that a third well-known 80s TV entertainer, whose identity was not disclosed, was also present and tried to assault her.

She said: “I rebuffed him and he humiliated me in front of everyone in the dressing room by saying something really unkind about my lack of breasts, which to a 14-year-old girl was just awful.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1939418.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    Indeed what you have is the tabloid press in a media frenzy to quench the insatiable appetite of the public for this story. In that frenzied environment you are going to get inaccuracies. These can be dismissed by a few lines on a forum if it detracts from travelling down a tramline for some. For me & a few others I worry about the collateral damage that this story is going to create. In this instance you had the damage to FS & to Karin just so that the tabloids could announce who the 3rd person was. As I said earlier I have no idea about the sexual habits of FS but it should have been left to the police to deal with if they felt it appropriate based on the testimonies of those coming forward. Not for tabloid headlines & social media junkies.

Disagree entirely. The only reason there is a media and public frenzy now is because this was covered up for 40 years by people who could have prevented some of an as yet unknown but possibly very large number of people being sexually abused.

Edited to add, and those same people who could have prevented all those victims will now want this to go away so they don't have to face what they did.
  • Options
    pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In chapter 4 of her online book posted on the FanStory.com I posted links to it on here and people on here read it. She did place the 3 men in the room at the same time, papers printed it but have since removed it except this paper below who lift their stories from other papers. The online book was pulled 4/10/12 so you must have copied the page to be able to reread it. The chapter was called ' New Skills and Visitors Chapter 4 written July 2010

Gary Glitter sexually assaulted a 13-year-old girl in Jimmy Savile's dressing room as the TV presenter groped another girl aged 14, according to a woman who claims to have witnessed the abuse in the 1970s.

Karin Ward also asserts that a third well-known 80s TV entertainer, whose identity was not disclosed, was also present and tried to assault her.

She said: “I rebuffed him and he humiliated me in front of everyone in the dressing room by saying something really unkind about my lack of breasts, which to a 14-year-old girl was just awful.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1939418.html

I think she either must have changed her story in an interview or the press have mixed it up because her original book doesn't say they were present at the same time. I have seen a C&P of the chapter on another forum. It was C&Ped on there on the 1st Oct before it was taken down. I don't want to link to it in case the book has been pulled for legal reasons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Indeed as I said earlier it was Cardinal Hume who also recommended JS for his papal knighthood

Can't find any links for that atm?
    To be fair to Hume, who the above poster is slightly nastily insinuating may have been involved in this, Saville was a devout catholic who had campaigned for the sainthood of Margaret Sinclair in the 70s because his mum had prayed to her when he was ill as a child. Allied that to the fact he was seen as a squeaky clean top light entertainment star at that time and it's pretty easy to clear the cardinal of anything sordid.

I don't even...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bubble2 wrote: »
    Disagree entirely. The only reason there is a media and public frenzy now is because this was covered up for 40 years by people who could have prevented some of an as yet unknown but possibly very large number of people being sexually abused.

OK - you prefer the tramline don't worry about collateral damage. Who cares if false facts are printed in the press. I can spend my time on a keyboard delving through the appalling stuff that is coming out.

My preference is that these allegations are (now) reported to the police to allow them to be dealt with in an appropriate way. Full facts once these have been fully assessed being released to the public as it has been confirmed is going to happen.

I'm not a tabloid reader. I read the grey tops.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a tabloid reader. I read the grey tops.

I'd guess most of the people who covered this up for 40 years read the grey-tops. And most of the victims came from families who read the tabloids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd guess most of the people who covered this up for 40 years read the grey-tops. And most of the victims came from families who read the tabloids.

Oh dear :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since making that comment I have heard the audio clips and that has swayed my thinking into that there is truth to the claims.

What my main issue was is that it has essentialy become a trial by media and public opinion and with the truthful claims, I suspect that there are also claims by chancers looking for a quick buck/15 mins of fame. Personally, I like to wait until the buzz and interest has calmed down to be fully able to digest all the claims and come to a conclusive decision. For example, earlier someone posted that a Nurse had claimed on Sky News that Saville had groped/molested a patient with brain damage, and it's claims like that (which may be true) do tend to muddy the waters in my mind.

I understand it maybe hurtful to people who have suffered the abuse that has been described and it may appear to be casting aspersions on thoe individuals and their families, but it's such a serious allegation which can destroy the careers of those alive and the reputations of those dead, and I just like to be 100% convinced that they hold water.

I know I'm coming in late with a response to this post (been catching up with the thread) but think its fair comment. A lot of people who saw the best of Savile or who would rather wait for the outcome of an inquiry will be processing this similarly. Of course there are those who are fantasists or mercenary about how they make money who come forward in situations like this. However, what finally convinced me was the consistency (re: patterns of behaviour) of the different sources from where the narratives emerged. I had heard the rumours 'around town' for donkeys' years (have always lived within three miles of his Leeds flat) and well before any of it was so publicly discussed. I did try to keep an open mind largely because of the 'good' that he did, despite believing him to be a self-regarding egotist.

When JS died, I wondered how long it would take for the 'digging' to begin. Funnily enough, I was really disturbed by the local and national media coverage of his funeral, which seemed to pretty much 'deify' him. Yet, of all the people he came into contact with in the duration of his career, I was surprised by the fact that hardly any media/ celebrity people showed up. Frank Bruno was there and, I think, another DJ. Most of the TV interviews were with people representing his various fundraising activities.

Hearing that the grave had been not just dismantled but completely destroyed was also disturbing. The whole showpiece was very ostentatious which makes its destruction more graphic. I know there were practical reasons for its removal but to me it represented the death of innocence- a final blow to some of the myths he created around himself. All the buildings, rooms and locations named after him are being stripped away even before any formal inquiry has occurred (that also disturbs me, despite my own feelings on the man). However, I think that, at least gives a message to his victims that they are now believed, their experiences acknowledged.

I feel sad for those who bought into the myth and believed the man to be an icon, above contempt, let alone his family. All so different from just a year ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she either must have changed her story in an interview or the press have mixed it up because her original book doesn't say they were present at the same time. I have seen a C&P of the chapter on another forum. It was C&Ped on there on the 1st Oct before it was taken down. I don't want to link to it in case the book has been pulled for legal reasons.

I read legal contracts all day, believe me I remember what I read, its part of my business.

I posted a link to the chapter here 30 September 2012

Heres my post, obviously the link to the book is useless now, because the book was pulled 4th Oct. I even suggest where people should read from halfway down the page.

My post.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=61404438&postcount=1087
  • Options
    pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read legal contracts all day, believe me I remember what I read, its part of my business.

I posted a link to the chapter here 30 September 2012

Heres my post, obviously the link to the book is useless now, because the book was pulled 4th Oct. I even suggest where people should read from halfway down the page.

My post.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=61404438&postcount=1087

The first time I read the chapter was when you posted it and when i read it then I presumed it had happened at the same time, but rereading it tonight it doesn't actually say it happened at the same time. I must admit to being quite dozy at times and maybe I have misread it but I cannot see where it says it happened at the same time. Both the stories are wrote one after the other though which may give the impression it happened on the same ocassion. Sorry if it seems I'm trying argue with you but I read it differently.
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "AN ex-patient preyed on by Jimmy Savile in Broadmoor at the age of 17 told last night how the BBC star thrust his hand under her nightie."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4583344/Paedophile-Jimmy-Saviles-Broadmoor-sex-attack.html
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since making that comment I have heard the audio clips and that has swayed my thinking into that there is truth to the claims.

What my main issue was is that it has essentialy become a trial by media and public opinion and with the truthful claims, I suspect that there are also claims by chancers looking for a quick buck/15 mins of fame. Personally, I like to wait until the buzz and interest has calmed down to be fully able to digest all the claims and come to a conclusive decision. For example, earlier someone posted that a Nurse had claimed on Sky News that Saville had groped/molested a patient with brain damage, and it's claims like that (which may be true) do tend to muddy the waters in my mind.

I understand it maybe hurtful to people who have suffered the abuse that has been described and it may appear to be casting aspersions on thoe individuals and their families, but it's such a serious allegation which can destroy the careers of those alive and the reputations of those dead, and I just like to be 100% convinced that they hold water.

I actually agree with your post 100%.

Quite frankly I am APPALLED, that people can now say they were aware of what was happening for example but just kept quiet.

For example the ex nurse on telly yesterday actually said she SAW JS sexually abuse a brain damaged girl in the bed next to her. She said at the time she couldnt sit up as she was recovering...OMG are you SERIOUS........

So you just lay there in bed and watch him doing it.......

So what would anyone do in the same situation?

Now if you are in a situation that you cant move you are given the emergency button for one....for two you have a VOICE...scream at him....3 tell the nurse on duty.......so what do you do..I WOULD HAVE SCREAMED my lungs out, or would have told the nurses on duty and then i would have contacted the police what did this ex nurse do STAYED SILENT FOR 30 YEARS.

Paul Gambachini.....said on radio that he knew of a time when Savill was in a hotel room with a 10/12 year old i think PG was in the same hotel.

So are we to believe that the hotel were inplicit in this, PG if he knew about this is just as bad, as he should have blooming well rang the cops.........

So many people coming out now saying he touched them up or said something how do we know this is fact? I could easily say i was at Top of Pops when he was there and he touched me or said something to me....if I had a mind to just to get on the band wagon, who could disprove it?

Why didnt they tell at the time, or why didnt they say anything for example in 2000 when the documentary IN BED WITH JIMMY SAVILLE was shown on BBC and repeated several times. He was 70 then an old man hardly a figure to BE FEARED.....

He clearly denys any wrong doing with kids. Now we want one of those people who can discern if someone is lying to have a look at the tapes..........

Now IF i had been abused when i was a child by him, ok at the time i might not have said anything, but at 40 i know if i had watched that or read about it in the newspapers i would have come out. NO ONE DID.

Also in 2005 he said the same on radio...nothing.

Are we to believe that this sad little man was a GOD for godsake, a Svengali who could hypnotise everyone...nurses, doctors, porters, etc etc etc etc, or were they all in on it...........because for me if you knew it was happening then they are just as blooming bad, as where was the child protection......for godsake.

Nurses telling children to pretend to be asleep when JS visited...that is plain sick....it shows they knew but just allowed it to happen.

ALL THAT MAKES MY SKIN SCRAWL AND MAKES ME FEEL SICK.

THEY COULD HAVE STOPPED IT ALL FROM HAPPENING THEY CHOSE TO KEEP QUIET...so more victims could be harmed for godsake......:mad:

IF it is true all this, then the only people who will rot in hell are the ones who let it go on and the ones who participated in it, because if JS did do all this then he is already ROTTING IN HELL...

Dont people get it really. There is NOTHING anyone can now do. NOTHING.

He cannot be charged he is dead.

Its all hearsay unless there is absoulte proof by a second party, as everyone has the right to HAVE THEIR SAY if they are accused of something and Saville cant can he is D.E.A.D.

SO really what did go on..

I would tremble if i was still alive working in these hospitals at the time....as like i said if they knew about it.....

and as to that women on the telly keeps going on about what she saw.....she is just as bad. Makes my skin crawl that she could lay there watching it.

I have never liked Saville he used to creep me out and Freddie Starr too, but it doesnt mean they did anything wrong its just how i feel.

This is going to get out of control now unless someone steps in and calms it down.

If there are true victims out there, it will only drag out old wounds...for what....

I am inclined to sit and wait TO HOPEFULLY get the truth and it wont be JS in the dock it will be many others if they really and truly let this happen.:mad:

PERHAPS all the charities that JS gave money too if they are so horrified and shocked should send back the tainted money to JS estate, then any genuine people that he abused could be given some compensation for their pain.

I wonder how many CHARITIES will do that...........;)
  • Options
    laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyDTrym wrote: »

THEY COULD HAVE STOPPED IT ALL FROM HAPPENING THEY CHOSE TO KEEP QUIET...so more victims could be harmed for godsake......:mad:

)
    I too am appalled that so many people knew and nothing was done about it.

The problem is, though, that people ("the little people") DID speak up and were ignored. The lady in bed after her operation told the staff nurse, I believe - who shrugged it off. So I am not disgusted at the witness at all, I think that's rather unfair. It's the people at a higher/organisational level I am mad at.

And as for why they didn't speak up earlier...that's been covered again and again in this thread...It's how manipulation and power works.
  • Options
    davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems quite clear that plenty of people knew about what Saville was doing but were either scared or indeed those in authority blanked them when they complained. Not hard to believe sadly.
  • Options
    dizzy_starshinedizzy_starshine Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been asked already. Has the women who was so desperate to be proved his daughter spoken out yet? I can imagine she'd be feeling like the negative DNA result was a lucky escape now.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been asked already. Has the women who was so desperate to be proved his daughter spoken out yet? I can imagine she'd be feeling like the negative DNA result was a lucky escape now.

Yes, apparently she's changed her mind.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/351409/-Jimmy-Savile-s-a-monster-I-don-t-want-to-be-his-daughter-
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *snipped*
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Yet, of all the people he came into contact with in the duration of his career, I was surprised by the fact that hardly any media/ celebrity people showed up. Frank Bruno was there and, I think, another DJ. Most of the TV interviews were with people representing his various fundraising activities.

I posted this on another thread: I spent my teenage years growing up in a village very close to Gt Yarmouth (:(). My friend and I often used to visit the seafront and one night were walking along one of the piers when we bumped into a well know pianist of the time, who had been performing in one of the summer shows - we chatted to him and he invited us back to his hotel for a drink. We declined. We were 14 at the time.

I have since read on Wiki that this person performed 'at his friend Jimmy Saville's funeral.' :eek:

I wonder if this person will change his Wiki entry to get rid of the Saville reference?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »

Well F duck my old boots.
This discussion has been closed.