Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Are Harry Styles and Nick Grimshaw dating?

Old 05-11-2012, 01:00
spanglysteve
Forum Member

Just read this article on DM and the way it's written and its choice of words such as "closet" (when meaning wardrobe, Brits would never say closet in this context) makes it seem like the writer wants you to reach the conclusion that the two are dating without explicitly saying so?

I always assumed styles to be super straight, but then again a strong friendship between an 18 year old and an30 year old seems unlikely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...incidence.html
spanglysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:16
dee123
Forum Member

IMO they totally are but it's just IMO. Neither will admit it though sadly in 2012 it's still bad for your career to come out.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:16
Cryolemon
Forum Member

I can see it being true, but I can also see it being 1) trolling on the part of the Mail or 2) trolling on the part of Grimshaw and Styles to imply they're together when they're not.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:30
twingle
Forum Member

i am undecided! Surely if it was true management would be keeping their relationship at arms length and we wouldn't get a sniff of the two of them together.Nick is out of the closet which is fine as a radio one DJ but to have a teen heart throb in a boyband gay would sadly (in this day and age) still be a big no no! They have also joked about together on air alluding to being boy friends. Me thinks they are winding us up

Plus there was the Caroline Flack saga and the married DJ saga so he can't be fully gay but bi.
twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:45
Tulip19
Forum Member

I can see it being true, but I can also see it being 1) trolling on the part of the Mail or 2) trolling on the part of Grimshaw and Styles to imply they're together when they're not.
Same. I love the idea of the Mail branching out in its trolling.
Tulip19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:08
whatever54
Forum Member

the Mail are like professional trolls, for a good old gossip and laugh their website is by far the best. Blows the Sun right out of the water. My fave article on mail online is still the one about Tom Cruise mincing around London, genius article from start to finish
whatever54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:35
wilehelmas
Forum Member

It depends who's writing because the Mail will then run (alongside) a Harry Styles womaniser story, though perhaps by different authors. The Mail have changed their stories on the two though, edited them after release.

I agree with dee, whatever is going on, it's fairly unlikely in our "enlightened" society they'll be coming out joyously if they are together. I suspect more that a huge inning would be in order for someone in a boyband!

Then again, they may just be friends, who knows. People can form friendships from across all spectrums. I think they're kinda nice together though. If they are/were.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:25
Nobby Burton
Forum Member

I don't know if they're a couple, but i think Harry is definately gay
Nobby Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:34
twingle
Forum Member

I don't know if they're a couple, but i think Harry is definately gay
Maybe we should ask Caroline Flack and the married DJ whose husband is whinging at every opportunity
Old 05-11-2012, 11:46
skp20040
Forum Member

Right so someone wears the same jumper and jacket as someone they know , items that are sold in their thousands in a high street store and that is enough evidence to insinuate soemthing is going on.

Well like that we must all be at it with each other , I assume the only way to stop such speculation is for each shop to only ever sell one of each item.
skp20040 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:50
Littlegreen42
Forum Member

I think this has been a known for a while, however Grimmy seems to be clinging onto anything that's deemed 'cool' so we'll see...
Littlegreen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:11
Phyllis Stein
Forum Member

It's infinitely more believable than the Harry the womaniser schtick.

And as for the DJ bloke, he really does have the perfect face for radio - grim by name grim by nature.
Phyllis Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:41
Cryolemon
Forum Member

Maybe we should ask Caroline Flack and the married DJ whose husband is whinging at every opportunity
He could be bisexual.
Cryolemon is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:53
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

Nick Grimshaw seems like a bit of a knob. I can't be doing with those too cool for school types and he's one of them. Why does he feel the need to parade about with his uber trendy celeb "mates"? Does he not have any real friends?

The "friendship" with Harry is really strange. I'm not saying it's not possible to be besties with someone twelve years your junior, but teenage boys are on a totally different level of maturity than someone of 30.
Vodka_Drinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 14:13
mirandaweb
Forum Member

I've been reading rumours about this for months. Back when he was dating Caroline Flack, she was rumoured to be the coverup for their secret relationship. Since the rumours have been so persistant over time, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were true.

If if is true, then the relationship seems to have been a fairly durable one.
mirandaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 14:31
cjsmummy
Forum Member

Nick Grimshaw seems like a bit of a knob. I can't be doing with those too cool for school types and he's one of them. Why does he feel the need to parade about with his uber trendy celeb "mates"? Does he not have any real friends?

The "friendship" with Harry is really strange. I'm not saying it's not possible to be besties with someone twelve years your junior, but teenage boys are on a totally different level of maturity than someone of 30.
One of my closest friends is twelve years younger than me, so it does happen.

Not sure what to make of those two...but that article is pretty pathetic.
cjsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 15:44
wallster
Forum Member

They make a nice couple. The age difference isn't that much. It's not enough to get you airtime on Jeremy Kyle
wallster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 15:49
Hit Em Up Style
Forum Member

They are NOT dating at all because if they were Simon Cowell with his pal Max Clifford would be making sure that there were zero stories like this in the press. Cowell is the master of cover up and this is far too in your face. So its not happening despite what people would like to think.
Hit Em Up Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 16:07
twingle
Forum Member

They are NOT dating at all because if they were Simon Cowell with his pal Max Clifford would be making sure that there were zero stories like this in the press. Cowell is the master of cover up and this is far too in your face. So its not happening despite what people would like to think.
I am 99% with you The other 1% well just in case I am wrong
Old 05-11-2012, 16:14
Vodka_Drinka
Forum Member

One of my closest friends is twelve years younger than me, so it does happen.

Not sure what to make of those two...but that article is pretty pathetic.
I agree, but in my experience most 18 year old boys are still very immature. I can't imagine them having much in common with someone more than about two years older than them.
Vodka_Drinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 17:32
Jaymes
Forum Member

I would be inclined to agree with you on this. I think Nick Grimshaw has realised that he's not as "cool" as he's tries to make people beleive and copies Harry Styles to cover his fraud.
Jaymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 17:44
hello_mum
Inactive Member

I would be inclined to agree with you on this. I think Nick Grimshaw has realised that he's not as "cool" as he's tries to make people beleive and copies Harry Styles to cover his fraud.
Believes his own hype, maybe? It's 'cool' to employ gay people in top media positions these days, so has his talent got him on Radio 1 or has his sexuality got him there?
hello_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 17:50
twingle
Forum Member

Believes his own hype, maybe? It's 'cool' to employ gay people in top media positions these days, so has his talent got him on Radio 1 or has his sexuality got him there?
He's only declared his sexuality after he got the breakfast show so no. I like his laid back presenting style. I am not sure it is right for breakfast though He needs other people to bounce off with a zoo format. He can be very funny , used to listen to his night shows and he is a real fan of music unlike some other DJ's

He's also had famous friends from way back so gather he must be a nice bloke as they have all stuck by him
Old 05-11-2012, 18:02
hello_mum
Inactive Member

He's only declared his sexuality after he got the breakfast show so no. I like his laid back presenting style. I am not sure it is right for breakfast though He needs other people to bounce off with a zoo format. He can be very funny , used to listen to his night shows and he is a real fan of music unlike some other DJ's

He's also had famous friends from way back so gather he must be a nice bloke as they have all stuck by him
To the public, I'm sure Radio 1 producers and his PR/agent knew.

It's not what you know, but who you know in this business. So many with talent think they'll be noticed, no you won't.
hello_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 21:55
zx50
Forum Member

Just read this article on DM and the way it's written and its choice of words such as "closet" (when meaning wardrobe, Brits would never say closet in this context) makes it seem like the writer wants you to reach the conclusion that the two are dating without explicitly saying so?

I always assumed styles to be super straight, but then again a strong friendship between an 18 year old and an30 year old seems unlikely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...incidence.html
Yeah, the jumpers do like identical. Dark spots in the same places on the two images of the jumper. I've looked very closely at both images and can't see any difference between the two jumper images. But, we do have the amazing image altering photoshop. The information from the left image could have been fed into the right image. I dunno.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote