Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Most disgusting and shocking films.

Old 22-11-2012, 15:53
CJClarke
Forum Member

To be honest, (maybe it's just me) But I didn't find The Human Centipede disturbing at all

Yes, the concept is disturbing, but when you watch it, it's not at all close up graphic or anything like that.. I wasn't gagging at it or anything haha! And the sh*tting in the mouth wasn't exactly graphic either, you were just aware it was happening. Maybe that's just my opinion though haha!
It's not just you, i actually find them quite funny (not so much the second one though), they're just so absurd that it's hard not to laugh, especially the "Feed her! Feed her!" scene in the first film. The second film is pretty grim, but whenever i see people say "i've read a synopsis/seen the trailer of The Human Centipede and it's the sickest film ever!!!what sick bastards watch that?!?" i always laugh because the film that people imagine in their heads is far worse than the actual film. It's really not that bad at all and you don't really see anything.

The same can't be said for the sequel which DOES show you everything (at least in the uncut version), but again it's so daft that you can't take it seriously. They're nowhere near the most disturbing films i've ever seen.

For me, that award goes to August Underground's Mordum, not that i'd advise anyone to watch it.
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 22-11-2012, 15:56
Sick Bullet
Forum Member

A Serbian Film just shocking it's a big wtf just happened film.
Human Centipede films are sick to but bareable.
Sick Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 18:05
Neil_Staton
Forum Member

Sex and the City 2
pretty much worse film ever
Neil_Staton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 18:46
Toy_Hero
Forum Member

It's not just you, i actually find them quite funny (not so much the second one though), they're just so absurd that it's hard not to laugh, especially the "Feed her! Feed her!" scene in the first film. The second film is pretty grim, but whenever i see people say "i've read a synopsis/seen the trailer of The Human Centipede and it's the sickest film ever!!!what sick bastards watch that?!?" i always laugh because the film that people imagine in their heads is far worse than the actual film. It's really not that bad at all and you don't really see anything.

The same can't be said for the sequel which DOES show you everything (at least in the uncut version), but again it's so daft that you can't take it seriously. They're nowhere near the most disturbing films i've ever seen.

For me, that award goes to August Underground's Mordum, not that i'd advise anyone to watch it.
I guess I should have expected that considering their was a ban in the UK for it... guess I'm gonna have to give it a watch

Agree August Underground's Mordum is just.. I don't even know how to describe it, that was pretty grim and disturbing on a few different levels.
Toy_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 19:31
Tt88
Forum Member

Schindler's List: the scene where the camp victims are told to strip off and go in the shower. The shower powers up and at first they think it's going to be gas and start screaming but it actually turns out to be water. Very powerful stuff especially because you know it's based on reality unlike some of these silly gory horror movies. Still bothers me that scene.
I felt sick at a scene in the pianist where a man in a wheelchair is tipped out over a balcony because he didnt stand up. Plus because its based on a real event it makes it worse.
Tt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 20:07
sheila blige
Forum Member

The Human Centipede 2.
Very nasty little film.
The first one was like a black comedy, but the second one ?? Ugh !
I only saw the first one and that was bad enough!

Edit - I didn't find it disturbing - just plain shite!

I found the original The Wicker Man and Wolf Creek to be two of the most disturbing films I've ever seen.
sheila blige is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 20:55
Andy Birkenhead
Forum Member

I only saw the first one and that was bad enough!

Edit - I didn't find it disturbing - just plain shite!

I found the original The Wicker Man and Wolf Creek to be two of the most disturbing films I've ever seen.
I've had Wolf Creek sitting on my shelf for over six months now. Still haven't found the time to watch it yet
Andy Birkenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 21:43
shirlt9
Forum Member

I've had Wolf Creek sitting on my shelf for over six months now. Still haven't found the time to watch it yet
I have watched wolf creek a few times..wouldnt say the gore or violence is any worse than most horrors..but there is a linering feeling of unease that stays with you afterwards..definately worth a viewing if you get chance..
shirlt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 21:48
ralpharooney
Forum Member

I guess I should have expected that considering their was a ban in the UK for it... guess I'm gonna have to give it a watch

Agree August Underground's Mordum is just.. I don't even know how to describe it, that was pretty grim and disturbing on a few different levels.
Never heard of the August Underground films but just had a read about the Mordum film on Wikipedia... I don't want to watch it sounds pretty disgusting by any means...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_...und%27s_Mordum
ralpharooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 01:30
Dandem
Forum Member

Looper springs to mind- the part where the guy lets his future self run, but then his future self gets a scar message on his arm telling him to go to a particular location. You then see his fingers disapear one by one, as they are presumably cut off his past self who has been captured. His feet then go, then his tongue, and he ends up crawling to the location he has been lulled to. As the door opens, he is promptly shot in the head and you see his past self hooked up in some sort of medical unit.
Personally think the most shocking thing is closer to the end where you see

Spoiler

Good film though.
Dandem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 04:01
Toy_Hero
Forum Member

Never heard of the August Underground films but just had a read about the Mordum film on Wikipedia... I don't want to watch it sounds pretty disgusting by any means...

It's very graphic. Blood everywhere. I only watched it the once, it was enough.

I didn't find Wolf Creek disturbing. I think because i felt like it was quite slow moving that I was more attentive to waiting for it to get 'interesting'
Old 23-11-2012, 13:54
Mrs Jones
Forum Member

A British film called Mummy and Daddy..it was disgusting! Would never ever watch it again
Mrs Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 14:39
Takae
Forum Member

I have watched wolf creek a few times..wouldnt say the gore or violence is any worse than most horrors..but there is a linering feeling of unease that stays with you afterwards..definately worth a viewing if you get chance..
There's a recent Australian film with a similar serial-killer-on-road premise, which makes me wonder if there's a real life Australian serial killer. Does anyone know?

(I'm trying to remember the title of that Aussie film. It's the one where a group of anglers stumbling across a corpse in a river. They decide to ignore the body because they don't want their annual fishing trip interrupted. When their weekend trip ends, they finally call the police about the body. The media and their town react badly to their callous decision. Anyway, the corpse is one of the serial killer's victims. The killer chooses his victims from watching them on a lonely dust road and going after them.)

Edited: Just remembered. Jindabyne starring Gabriel Bryne and Laura Linney.
Takae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 14:45
trevvytrev21
Forum Member

Another vote for Salo. That film just ain't right.
trevvytrev21 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 14:46
CJClarke
Forum Member

It is, i definitely wouldn't recommend watching it, you've got to have a very strong stomach, it makes stuff like 'A Serbian Film' and 'The Human Centipede Part 2' look like an episode of Teletubbies. I can appreicate what the film was trying to do in the way it was emulating a snuff movie, in that department it was hugely successful and well done (and the make up effects are undeniably impressive for such a low budget film), but watching it is such a nasty, grim and uncomfortable experience that i actually felt "dirty" after watching it. The only other films to make me feel like that, albeit not to that extent, are 'Salo' and 'Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer' (uncut version).

It's very graphic. Blood everywhere. I only watched it the once, it was enough
I honestly don't think i'd want to sit through it again, and i'm a pretty hardened horror fan.

The amusing thing is that when i did Film Studies at Uni, Mordum was actually on the recommended viewing list for the Horror module
CJClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 15:23
Andy Birkenhead
Forum Member

It's not a horror film, but I found Harry Brown (the Michael Caine film) to be very disturbing, and also very sad, because some people really do have to live in the same situation as Harry Brown.
Andy Birkenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 18:42
*Cadhla*
Forum Member

The French film A L'Interieur (Inside) was hard to watch. Something about a heavily pregnant woman being stalked in her own home, and we all know what the killer wants, is truly terrifying. Of course, being stupid, I made the mistake of watching it while nine months pregnant with my daughter, and even though that was a few years ago, I still have some of the images in my head....especially the last two scenes. Definitely not one for pregnant ladies.
*Cadhla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 18:51
Toy_Hero
Forum Member

It is, i definitely wouldn't recommend watching it, you've got to have a very strong stomach, it makes stuff like 'A Serbian Film' and 'The Human Centipede Part 2' look like an episode of Teletubbies. I can appreicate what the film was trying to do in the way it was emulating a snuff movie, in that department it was hugely successful and well done (and the make up effects are undeniably impressive for such a low budget film), but watching it is such a nasty, grim and uncomfortable experience that i actually felt "dirty" after watching it. The only other films to make me feel like that, albeit not to that extent, are 'Salo' and 'Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer' (uncut version).

I honestly don't think i'd want to sit through it again, and i'm a pretty hardened horror fan.

The amusing thing is that when i did Film Studies at Uni, Mordum was actually on the recommended viewing list for the Horror module
I only did Film Studies for A levels, and it sure as hell weren't on my list ... I however, found it after watching Martyrs. Actually, I think I may have found it after someone on here mentioned it. I think because I have quite a strong stomach that I won't find things as disgusting or as disturbing as others... but yeah, AUM is quite disgusting to say the least. Have you watched August Underground's Penance, it's the sequel?
Old 24-11-2012, 13:08
indie.star
Forum Member

I struggled to even watch the trailer for Cannibal Holocaust (or it could have been Cannibal Ferox).
indie.star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 15:46
chimpsy23
Forum Member

Dogtooth that's pretty f###ed up
chimpsy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 17:45
unknown17
Inactive Member

I watched a short film on both YouTube (edited version) and Vimeo (full) called Cutting Moments and that was actually so shocking that I couldn't even look at screen at times and not many things shock me.

It lasts 25 minutes and the first 15 minutes are quite slow but the next 10 contain loads of gore.
unknown17 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 23:33
StrayFlounder
Forum Member

A British film called Mummy and Daddy..it was disgusting! Would never ever watch it again
Do you mean Mum and Dad? I quite liked that one
StrayFlounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 18:15
Orangemaid
Forum Member

Do you mean Mum and Dad? I quite liked that one
just been reading about that film. i think i would like it too

well i enjoyed watching The Girl Next Door, , so its its based on similar s/l, might like it ( i found that one sad and horrific what they did to her, and the ending was like
Orangemaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 19:54
Flamethrower100
Forum Member

i wouldnt mind watching them again sometime, if they come on tv, but i wouldnt buy them..waitng for the third one , is it out next year ?
i guess.
Flamethrower100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 20:11
Flamethrower100
Forum Member

I know it's not real. but the thought of it makes me feel sick, and actualy watching a whole film about it, even if you don't really see that much would disturb me and I think quite a lot of people.

weird experiment type movies and extreme sadistic torture movies with people getting raped and tortured constantly and that's the main plot, are not for me. it's just too far, and I don't find them enjoyable.

I like horrors, mainly slashers. but some are just too far out there, and the people who make them are a little questionable.

the human centipede is too gross to be funny. although I did laugh a bit when Kyle from south park became part of one, as part of an cedepad deal.
Flamethrower100 is offline   Reply With Quote