Problem with New call Telecom

i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We had New call for our phone line and also broadband but due to a billing problem by them we have moved to BT for both phone line and broadband.

we have the same number as when we was with new call but have got a letter from new call this morning to say they will Cease the line in 7 days.

so what does that mean now we are with BT?

Can New Call still block our line even if its now with BT?

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you moved to BT did you ask them to port your number over? Because unless you did you would get a new number.

It is also not possible to have two telecoms companies supply service over the same phone line. Therefore if you moved to BT you would have to have cancelled New Call first otherwise BT would not be able to take over the line and broadband. Unless BT installed a completely new line and your New Call line is still in use. Mind you that would mean you have two lines with two master sockets and two phone numbers. Not to mention two lots of bills. I suspect you might notice you had two of everything! :)

So assuming you did port your number, did cancel New Call before moving over to BT (might have been part of the same process) and have only had one set of bills from BT since then there is nothing New Call can do in theory as the line is no longer in their name.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one thing to watch as this happened to me when moving from Tesco to BT that you have to make sure the company you are moving from doesn't put any order for cancellation in as it stops BT being able to transfer the service.
  • i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one thing to watch as this happened to me when moving from Tesco to BT that you have to make sure the company you are moving from doesn't put any order for cancellation in as it stops BT being able to transfer the service.

its ok as BT took over the line about a Month ago and have been billed by BT since they took over.