Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

BBC iPlayer WMP downloads

Old 16-12-2012, 23:18
peterjones01
Forum Member

BBC iPlayer. I have had a problem for the last two days where I cannot get the DRM licences for downloaded files. This has worked perfectly for some years and has only now stopped working. If I try to play a .wmv file in WMP, I get an error stating "web page cannot be found" (open.live.bbc.co.uk)
I have tested this on a number of computers in my household and got the same response on them all.
Any ideas/suggestions would be very welcome.

Peter.
peterjones01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 17-12-2012, 09:39
Killer App
Forum Member

Same for me. I thought it may be related to the latest set of Microsoft patches (last week) but I have an unpatched machine that does it too.
Killer App is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 11:31
peterjones01
Forum Member

ok, well that sort of helps....it is now more likely I think that there could be a problem with the BBC site. However, it's been a problem now since Friday night; you would have thought there would be more "chat" about it if that were so. Also, would you not expect the BBC to have fixed it by now??
Old 17-12-2012, 11:51
Killer App
Forum Member

Yes, I expected more chat - although the last great hassle I had with them was pretty silent for several weeks. It looks like their authorisation server might be failing because that open.live.bbc.co.uk page is one I get whenever a program has gone past its 30 days. I have complained to them about it, but in my experience they are way overstretched.
Old 17-12-2012, 12:10
peterjones01
Forum Member

Yes, agree. Let's hope they can fix it before my downloads expire Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 17-12-2012, 15:50
Killer App
Forum Member

Looks like it has been fixed (for me at least).
Old 17-12-2012, 17:13
peterjones01
Forum Member

Bingo !!