Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Daybreak

Old 15-12-2012, 14:49
John_Hughes
Forum Member

Daybreak - anagram 'Re Bad Yak'

Isn't Daybreak about due for another re-launch ? They seem to happen every few weeks.
Or to be sunk, Ftv

It certainly 'doesn't float my boat' despite Aled's arrival on board as first mate.!
John_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 15-12-2012, 20:51
jazzydrury3
Forum Member

Laura Tobins, boyfriend, im sure a while ago I don't no about now, but it was either Chris Hollins or Martin Lewis
jazzydrury3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 20:53
James Frederick
Forum Member

Should go back to TV AM with Ann and Nice and of course Roland Rat and children holidays have never been the same since Wackaday left our screens
James Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 18:14
John_Hughes
Forum Member

Should go back to TV AM with Ann and Nice and of course Roland Rat and children holidays have never been the same since Wackaday left our screens
That's fine with us, James. Anything, as long as Aled can be relieved, as support presenter / ratings improver, for more suitable duties.
Old 17-12-2012, 19:43
tobi
Forum Member

I don't think Daybreak's problem are presenters. It is the show itself. How many main presenters and relief presenters have they tried now and ratings never go up. The show is the problem and it seems to be just targeted at mums( especially those who like reality tv and soaps) and teenagers
tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 20:25
littlefro
Forum Member

I want quick and easy background news Monday to Friday, on the weekend I'm with the BBC breakfast show. So Daybreak just about works for me, whilst I'm waiting for The Wright Stuff to start.
littlefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 20:33
Jamesp312
Forum Member

Flicking through the tv times it seems there's no daybreak on Xmas eve or any other day that week! Just because its christmas news still happens. Gmtv always had a Xmas eve edition though to be fair would then sometimes take a break for a few days. But apart from that, im liking daybreak much more now than I did, it's so much more like the good old gmtv. I especially like Matt and Ranvir.
Jamesp312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 21:30
earthling13
Forum Member

Laura Tobins, boyfriend, im sure a while ago I don't no about now, but it was either Chris Hollins or Martin Lewis
Are you sure you're not thinking of Lara Lewington (Channel 5 weather)? Her and Martin married 2 or 3 years ago and had a baby very recently.
earthling13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 14:17
John_Hughes
Forum Member

I don't think Daybreak's problem are presenters. It is the show itself. How many main presenters and relief presenters have they tried now and ratings never go up. The show is the problem and it seems to be just targeted at mums( especially those who like reality tv and soaps) and teenagers
Yes, Tobi and it would be best for Aled to be off it, back on Good Morning Sunday and returned as the main presenter on Songs of praise. See:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1761305

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1761705

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1768994
Old 24-12-2012, 10:51
John_Hughes
Forum Member

Everybody seems more relaxed when Lorraine isn't on!
Wonder why ITV haven't woken up to this fact, Eathling.

Poor Aled, having to be her acolyte too.

Happy Christmas
Old 08-01-2013, 08:18
earthling13
Forum Member

Are Daybreak trying to save money by turning the heating off.? All the 'guests' today are wearing their coats or heavy jackets!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:55
grumpyscot
Forum Member

Oh No - Lorraine's back. Brown nosing as usual, patronising as usual, inane giggling as usual Pointless as usual.

Bring back Esther McVey - she was crap, but so much better than Lorraine.
grumpyscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:09
earthling13
Forum Member

Oh No - Lorraine's back. Brown nosing as usual, patronising as usual, inane giggling as usual Pointless as usual.

Bring back Esther McVey - she was crap, but so much better than Lorraine.
Esther McVey? Nasty, right wing, Tory MP for Wirrel West and friend of the family who cannot be named???? No thanks!!
Old 08-01-2013, 15:57
Trouble Maker
Forum Member

I have nothing against Gay or Lesbian People, but why do they have so many many of them or people that appear to be gay or lesbian on so often, telling us about TV, Fashion etc.
Trouble Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 16:15
ftv
Forum Member

I have nothing against Gay or Lesbian People, but why do they have so many many of them or people that appear to be gay or lesbian on so often, telling us about TV, Fashion etc.
is TV and fashion somehow different for gays and lesbians ?
ftv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 16:34
malpasc
Forum Member

We can't help being more stylish. It just comes naturally.
malpasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 18:17
Dixie Scott 106
Inactive Member

I know it's not in right thread, but has itv axed the morning news at 5.30
Dixie Scott 106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 19:02
ftv
Forum Member

I know it's not in right thread, but has itv axed the morning news at 5.30
It was announced last year and has now happened although I suspect very few people have noticed. Both BBC and Sky offer live news programmes between 5-6 am.
Old 18-01-2013, 09:03
Yera
Forum Member

Did anyone see the interview this morning with Lance Armstrongs masseuse? Daybreak were crediting her with exposing him- when surely it wad Tyler Hamilton on "60 minutes" who did that
She claimed to have tried to stop drugs in cycling and she said she had not seen drug taking- contradicting several other previous interviews she has given-
http:// http://www.irishcentral.com/....html?mob-ua=Y
found the whole interview very lame and amateurish - she came across as skittish and insincere-
There is no doubting what he did was wrong - watch the cling ons hop on the bandwagon -
That interview was probably the most unprofessional and inaccurate I have seen on Daybreak- that lady came across as fame hungry and her distancing herself from involvement was lame and a tad late
Yera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 13:29
John_Hughes
Forum Member

See also:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1761305
Old 18-01-2013, 13:31
JordyD
Forum Member

It was announced last year and has now happened although I suspect very few people have noticed. Both BBC and Sky offer live news programmes between 5-6 am.
Yep, just not aimed at the UK specifically.
JordyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 13:31
ftv
Forum Member

Did anyone see the interview this morning with Lance Armstrongs masseuse? Daybreak were crediting her with exposing him- when surely it wad Tyler Hamilton on "60 minutes" who did that
She claimed to have tried to stop drugs in cycling and she said she had not seen drug taking- contradicting several other previous interviews she has given-
http:// http://www.irishcentral.com/....html?mob-ua=Y
found the whole interview very lame and amateurish - she came across as skittish and insincere-
There is no doubting what he did was wrong - watch the cling ons hop on the bandwagon -
That interview was probably the most unprofessional and inaccurate I have seen on Daybreak- that lady came across as fame hungry and her distancing herself from involvement was lame and a tad late
David Walsh of the Sunday Times did a lot of work on exposing Armstrong as well, he was on BBC Breakfast this morning.
Old 25-01-2013, 08:32
earthling13
Forum Member

I see Daybreak is still pushing forward with radical new ideas. Kieth Chegwin is coming back!
Old 25-01-2013, 08:57
ftv
Forum Member

What next - Roland Rat ?
Old 25-01-2013, 10:29
earthling13
Forum Member

What next - Roland Rat ?
It's only a matter of time. And Wincey Willis is having her hair done as we speak.