Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Helen Flanagan posing with gun to head

Old 21-12-2012, 18:58
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

I've been wondering if they spoke to anyone in Newtown tbh
I honestly doubt they did. Most of the tabloids have form for making up quotes from people. The usual one is when they run a piece on a new celebrity couple and trot out the quotes from "friends" who like to say "it's early days yet..".

It's not like anyone from Newton is going to pick up the phone to their lawyer really.
JasonWatkins is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 21-12-2012, 22:21
polli
Forum Member

Appear current but be despised? Makes no sense
Column inches are column inches. Makes no odds to some wannabes if they are despised.They don't all want to be loved,just talked about will suffice for them.Witness the delightful nonentity that is Kenneth Tong spewing trash about dead celebrity babies. Liking doesn't matter to their ilk.

Yes she is.

Which it is ..

Because sometimes, stupid people do stupid things.

Yes, because she's so "savvy", she decided in advance she wanted to be hated ..
Gosh ,eye-rolling at my opinion. How mature. I'm truly devastated.
I shall resist responding pretentiously item by item.
People can be stupid but savvy & Miss Flanagan knew what she was doing. She got mentions in papers ,interviews,column inches & a thread dedicated to talking about her on DS (and I daresay on other forums) & in her world that is what matters.......job done.
polli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 22:28
sheila blige
Forum Member

Helen is not as dopey as she pretends to be. Her apologists are saying it was an old picture. Maybe so,but why did she post it just now ? Column inches & anything to appear 'current' . Stupid behaviour ,but from a savvy fame-grabber who knew just what she was doing.
She's already said she posted it whilst she was drunk/hungover. If she was a true headline grabber - she wouldn't have taken the picture down as quick as she did.

She's apologised.

And I've said this in another thread - I could direct people to at least a dozen pictures of celebrities posing in a provocative way with a gun which must (at some point in time - somewhere in the world) have been equally as distressing.

I think she was silly to post the picture but she has apologised. And to me - the media re-hashing the picture are more to blame for any extended distress.
sheila blige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 22:35
polli
Forum Member

She SAID she was drunk/hungover,but then that excuse is often trotted out for these things so who knows if it was so.
Considering she claims being in the jungle made her suicidal, I would think she has a tendency to exaggerate & be over dramatic,so the gun stunt fits her attitude.Anything goes when clawing for fame.
Old 21-12-2012, 22:43
sheila blige
Forum Member

She SAID she was drunk/hungover,but then that excuse is often trotted out for these things so who knows if it was so.
Considering she claims being in the jungle made her suicidal, I would think she has a tendency to exaggerate & be over dramatic,so the gun stunt fits her attitude.Anything goes when clawing for fame.
So you're suggesting she thought 'I know what'll get me in the papers! I'll dig out a picture that was taken a few months ago - one that'll really offend some people the other side of the Atlantic and post it on Twitter - and at the same time I'll make the whole of the UK hate me'.

She did a truly stupid thing! That is all she is guilty of. Frigging hell - if we executed everyone for doing stupid things - we'd all be dead by now!
Old 21-12-2012, 22:49
polli
Forum Member

So you're suggesting she thought 'I know what'll get me in the papers! I'll dig out a picture that was taken a few months ago - one that'll really offend some people the other side of the Atlantic and post it on Twitter - and at the same time I'll make the whole of the UK hate me'.

She did a truly stupid thing! That is all she is guilty of. Frigging hell - if we executed everyone for doing stupid things - we'd all be dead by now!
Yes,I think that is what she thought exactly.
I don't think anyone asked for her to be executed,that would indeed be over reaction.
She is getting discussed, and behind the facade of "mea culpa" she is no doubt satisfied.
Old 21-12-2012, 22:50
sheila blige
Forum Member

Yes,I think that is what she thought exactly.
I think you're just being a trifle silly then if thats what you believe.
Old 22-12-2012, 00:33
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

Gosh ,eye-rolling at my opinion. How mature. I'm truly devastated
Gosh, sarcasm at my opinion. How mature. I'm truly devastated.

You're seeing something that isn't there, but then I guess that's ok - the uber-cynic is somewhat fashionable on DS.
Old 28-12-2012, 22:03
Millie Muppet
Forum Member

I'm really surprised there wasn't a new thread dedicated to last night's interesting fashion choice:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-lipstick.html
Millie Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 22:30
MC_Satan
Forum Member

I'm really surprised there wasn't a new thread dedicated to last night's interesting fashion choice:

That whole outfit is a disaster! What's with the fake tan lippy combo?
MC_Satan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 22:59
flobadob
Forum Member

Bloody hell! I never thought she could look bad in anything. That's me proved wrong.
flobadob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 23:14
zx50
Forum Member

What the hell's with that lipstick?! That looks stupid! It totally stands out.
zx50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 23:33
Tal'shiar
Forum Member

Lots of pictures of "Babes with Guns" all over the internet, why is this any different. Personally I think she is a empty nobody who would sell her soul for a moment of fame, yet in this case its wrong to call her ignorant.

So because some kids got shot guns should never be seen again? Its just a picture, nothing more, and it has no connection to the shooting in America other than some scum bag reporter used it to dredge up some "shock".

If I am not mistaken as well, it looks like an american model pistol. Its beyond stupid how people get upset about stuff.

(I also notice the paper in question is still running call of duty adverts. A game which has more guns than a rambo dvd on repeat. Oh the bitter irony of it all mwhahahahahaha)
Tal'shiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 06:59
Eddie Badger
Forum Member

What the hell's with that lipstick?! That looks stupid! It totally stands out.
But it did get her picture in the papers again so it worked.
Eddie Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 10:48
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

Spaniel's ears.

If she goes around without a bra on a regular basis, by the time she reaches 40, her tits will be in her shoes.
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 10:54
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

But it did get her picture in the papers again so it worked.
Ah yes, a fashion faux paux is impossible in the world of celebrity. I suspect her "team" had a high level meeting in their secret tower to decide her clothing selection that night ..
Old 29-12-2012, 10:56
Bevrinton
Forum Member

She's obviously a total idiot a Z list celebrity desperately draining the last drop of the 15 minutes of fame the cretin has been given .
Bevrinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 11:04
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

Lots of pictures of "Babes with Guns" all over the internet, why is this any different. Personally I think she is a empty nobody who would sell her soul for a moment of fame, yet in this case its wrong to call her ignorant.

So because some kids got shot guns should never be seen again? Its just a picture, nothing more, and it has no connection to the shooting in America other than some scum bag reporter used it to dredge up some "shock".

If I am not mistaken as well, it looks like an american model pistol. Its beyond stupid how people get upset about stuff.

(I also notice the paper in question is still running call of duty adverts. A game which has more guns than a rambo dvd on repeat. Oh the bitter irony of it all mwhahahahahaha)
If you'd been following the story properly, you'd know it wasn't the fact she was posing with a gun, it was that she Tweeted it shortly after the Newtown shootings.

I agree the paper are hypocritical to carry ads for violent computer games, but that's the revenue game, they all do it, not just the Sun and they won't stop it anytime soon.
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 11:14
James Frederick
Forum Member

If you'd been following the story properly, you'd know it wasn't the fact she was posing with a gun, it was that she Tweeted it shortly after the Newtown shootings.

I agree the paper are hypocritical to carry ads for violent computer games, but that's the revenue game, they all do it, not just the Sun and they won't stop it anytime soon.
I agree it wasn't so much she posed with a gun it was the timing plus the fact the picture was months old and she decided to tweet it on that day does make it look suspicious I do think she did it on purpose to get into the papers.

I honestly think she may go the Katie Price route as in she would sooner be hated than ignored
James Frederick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 11:23
Tweacle Tart II
Forum Member

Spaniel's ears.

If she goes around without a bra on a regular basis, by the time she reaches 40, her tits will be in her shoes.
Well, considering she's had them done, they are already very saggy.
Tweacle Tart II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 12:52
pete137
Forum Member

Why doesnt she just take the cash, do a topless photoshoot, and be done with it instead of pimping her tits out in the papers every week.
pete137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 13:09
scone
Forum Member

I thought they were real
scone is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 13:20
James Frederick
Forum Member

Why doesnt she just take the cash, do a topless photoshoot, and be done with it instead of pimping her tits out in the papers every week.
I think it's a case of trying to up the price I have no doubts she will do it sooner rather than later
James Frederick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2012, 13:24
JasonWatkins
Forum Member

The conspiracy theorists and the "everything is done for profile" crowd will lose their minds next week. Just sayin'
Old 29-12-2012, 15:29
MC_Satan
Forum Member

I thought they were unenhanced so to speak. Dreadful outfit though and combined with that make up!
MC_Satan is online now   Reply With Quote