Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Amazing Spiderman #700

Old 04-01-2013, 14:16
mred2000
Forum Member

I just feel it reeks more of gimmick than a bold move but, then, 30+ years of reading comics will do that. Very little surprises me these days (apart from in the indies. Chew, for example, and Saga).

I preferred Slott when he was on less editorially controlled titles, up to working on things like She-Hulk and the various GLA stuff. From Avengers:Initiative onwards he's been reeled in but, like I said, editorial controls are much stronger on stuff like Avengers and Spider-Man.
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-01-2013, 15:42
cyclone5uk
Forum Member

Dan Slott's She Hulk was one of my favourite titles of all time. But you are right, I guess he has been pulled back a bit on Spider-Man. He's still the best thing to happen to the title in years though.

And yes @dadioflex, we should all be careful about spoilers in these threads.
cyclone5uk is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 16:09
Jon McManamy
Forum Member

I apologise for not putting that thing about beast in a spoiler tag, tbh not quite sure how i do it so if you could tell me how i'll make sure to keep my spoilers tagged. Again apologies
Jon McManamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 16:58
mred2000
Forum Member

Go into the advanced editor for adding a post, write your spoiler then highlight the text and click on the big "S" button (last button on the right just above the text input box...)

Spoiler
mred2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 17:13
Jon McManamy
Forum Member

Go into the advanced editor for adding a post, write your spoiler then highlight the text and click on the big "S" button (last button on the right just above the text input box...)

Spoiler
Thanks!
Jon McManamy is offline   Reply With Quote