Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

In It To Win It | Saturday 5th January | 8.25pm | BBC 1

Old 04-01-2013, 11:28
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

Thought I'd start a new thread for the new series of In It To Win It with our favourite, Dale

Look forward to speaking to the usual quizzers on here
BirthdayGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:34
guernseysnail
Forum Member

I'll be here (as usual!)

I understand this one...
guernseysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:36
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

We just need mrb here and we're back to the normal team again!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:37
ftv
Forum Member

Anyone know why this series has moved from Glasgow to Salford ?
ftv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:39
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

Anyone know why this series has moved from Glasgow to Salford ?
Didnt the BBC move sticks up to Salford? I know BBC News is now based there - there's a new Media Centre I think where everything is now filmed....but dont quote me...
Old 04-01-2013, 12:01
bargepole
Forum Member

Thought I'd start a new thread for the new series of In It To Win It with our favourite, Dale

Look forward to speaking to the usual quizzers on here
Quizzers? Any serious quizzer would regard this show with utter contempt, the only entertainment value lies in the fact that they contrive to find the thickest contestants imaginable, who then fail to answer the most basic questions even when given a multiple choice.

Dumbed down TV at it's worst, an embarrassment to the nation.
bargepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:10
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

Quizzers? Any serious quizzer would regard this show with utter contempt, the only entertainment value lies in the fact that they contrive to find the thickest contestants imaginable, who then fail to answer the most basic questions even when given a multiple choice.

Dumbed down TV at it's worst, an embarrassment to the nation.
We're not serious quizzers! Just a group of us who seem to watch the same quiz shows.

Its only a bit of fun!
Old 04-01-2013, 13:47
ftv
Forum Member

Didnt the BBC move sticks up to Salford? I know BBC News is now based there - there's a new Media Centre I think where everything is now filmed....but dont quote me...
BBC Scotland is responsible for the lottery shows and they have traditionally been done in Glasgow which has HD studios.Only BBC Breakfast is in Salford, BBC News is still at TV Centre but will move to New BH shortly.
ftv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 13:51
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

BBC Scotland is responsible for the lottery shows and they have traditionally been done in Glasgow which has HD studios.Only BBC Breakfast is in Salford, BBC News is still at TV Centre but will move to New BH shortly.
Aaah ok. I knew someone on DS would come along soon and give the correct answer
Old 05-01-2013, 12:06
Bex.
Forum Member

I will be here!! after Splash finishes

according to TV Guide it's 1/16 so gonna be on a few months.. maybe more if it gets messed around when Voice starts up again
Bex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:15
deivu74
Forum Member

Does anyone know where to get the music for this show? I love the tune they play towards the end when a contestant misses out on their last question and has to go home.
deivu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:26
bargepole
Forum Member

They should have amended the listings for tonight's BBC schedule:

7:10pm Britain's Brightest
8:25pm Britain's Dumbest
Old 05-01-2013, 13:03
davey_wavey
Forum Member

I absolutely love this show! I'm really glad it's back. I'll come to this thread for once and join in! See you all at 8.25
davey_wavey is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 13:05
BirthdayGirl
Forum Member

I absolutely love this show! I'm really glad it's back. I'll come to this thread for once and join in! See you all at 8.25
Excellent news! See you tonight!
Old 05-01-2013, 14:14
FM Lover
Forum Member

I think In It..... is one of the best lottery games shows there's ever been and it's certainly stood the test of time when others have fallen by the wayside.

I thought that both the last two series were fairly poor with small jackpots and very thick players. I enjoy seeing the players faces in the waiting area when the single person playing gets question after question correct and has taken the jackpot for themselves.

I enjoy playing along and hoping to join you all here later for a bit of on line fun.
FM Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 14:17
Bex.
Forum Member

Jet set (wish they'd bring it back ) and this are my favorites.. ooh and winning lines but that is sometimes on Challenge so I watch it there now
Bex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 14:21
FM Lover
Forum Member

Jet set (wish they'd bring it back ) and this are my favorites.. ooh and winning lines but that is sometimes on Challenge so I watch it there now
Forgot about Jet Set and I think that was the only one that was done live.

Not overly keen on Winning Lines but I like the Dermot O Leary one later hosted by Ben Shepherd......1vs 100 I think
FM Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 14:31
T Penery
Forum Member

It was announced in 2009 all the lottery shows would be filmed at Pacific Quay in Glasgow. I suspect the move to Salford is to keep in line of localisation. Who Dares Wins was also recorded at Salford but the upcoming new show Break the Safe will be filmed at Pacific Quay.
T Penery is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 14:51
guernseysnail
Forum Member

I don't know if I'll be able to watch...

What can I say to my French mother to convince her she really does want to watch it?!
guernseysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 14:59
bargepole
Forum Member

I... What can I say to my French mother to convince her she really does want to watch it?!
Dans lui pour le gagner?
Old 05-01-2013, 15:22
T Penery
Forum Member

Forgot about Jet Set and I think that was the only one that was done live.

Not overly keen on Winning Lines but I like the Dermot O Leary one later hosted by Ben Shepherd......1vs 100 I think
It was called 1 vs 100 but it had the chop after it got thrashed by Britain's Got Talent in 2009 and compared to the other lottery shows, it was expensive to produce.
Old 05-01-2013, 15:26
T Penery
Forum Member

I think In It..... is one of the best lottery games shows there's ever been and it's certainly stood the test of time when others have fallen by the wayside.

I thought that both the last two series were fairly poor with small jackpots and very thick players. I enjoy seeing the players faces in the waiting area when the single person playing gets question after question correct and has taken the jackpot for themselves.

I enjoy playing along and hoping to join you all here later for a bit of on line fun.
If you read here http://ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Weaver%27s_Week_2013-01-06

In It to Win It and Who Dares Wins was the most watched quiz shows in 2012. No surprises both shows are back this year. In It to Win It will be 11 years old this May. The longest running BBC One quiz show in this generation.
Old 05-01-2013, 15:28
T Penery
Forum Member

I will be here!! after Splash finishes

according to TV Guide it's 1/16 so gonna be on a few months.. maybe more if it gets messed around when Voice starts up again
Quite surprised. They're going ahead and showing all 16 episodes as I though they would split it into 2 series of 8 shows each. This will be longest series they have done since the early days of 2003/2004 when it ran for 15 shows.

As you state, it will be longer than 16 weeks as we got The Voice coming up as well as Six Nations rugby.
Old 05-01-2013, 16:10
apaul
Forum Member

If you read here http://ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Weaver%27s_Week_2013-01-06

In It to Win It and Who Dares Wins was the most watched quiz shows in 2012. No surprises both shows are back this year. In It to Win It will be 11 years old this May. The longest running BBC One quiz show in this generation.
The longevity of In it to Win it just shows there is an appetite for public humiliation. As a quiz it has always been crap.
apaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 16:30
Blueju
Forum Member

The longevity of In it to Win it just shows there is an appetite for public humiliation. As a quiz it has always been crap.
Especially the cocky sods who pad out the most obvious of answers a la "well Im thinking she was german, but I dont think it was Marlene Dietrich, Dale...pretty sure it was Adolph Hitler, Dale...yes Adolph Hitler.." then lose 10,000 when asked in what year world war two ended and say "ooh...bit before my time, Dale ...I'll go for the middle one, 1950". Of course, I will be watching
Blueju is offline   Reply With Quote