Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Borgen series 2 - Danish political drama Saturdays BBC4 - no spoilers allowed. Tak

Old 07-01-2013, 14:26
Verence
Forum Member

At least it was in a spoiler tag, you don't have to read it!
No harm done
I still feel bad about it though because I'm normally so cautious about these things
Verence is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-01-2013, 14:37
elfcurry
Forum Member

Surely the 'intro' to the spoiler shouldn't hint at the content?

But now we can't avoid guessing what it says but can't check to see if we're right!

Mistake forgiven!
elfcurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 15:23
vinegar vera
Forum Member

I still feel bad about it though because I'm normally so cautious about these things

No worries. The actress who played Sanne, Iben Dorner, was filming Those Who Kill late 2010 to early 2011 as Benedikte Schaeffer, separated wife of one of the main characters Thomas. This series of Borgen was filmed autumn 2010 to autumn 2011 and screened in Denmark in autumn 2011.

Anyone recognise Kruse from The Killing series 2?
vinegar vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 15:31
Verence
Forum Member

No worries. The actress who played Sanne, Iben Dorner, was filming Those Who Kill late 2010 to early 2011 as Benedikte Schaeffer, separated wife of one of the main characters Thomas. This series of Borgen was filmed autumn 2010 to autumn 2011 and screened in Denmark in autumn 2011.

I can't say that I do, which is a shame as part of the fun of watching the various Euro-Crime shows is saying "hang on, isn't that Thingy from that other show??"

Speaking of that sort of thing Benedikte Hansen who plays Hanne is appearing in the new BBC version of The Lady Vanishes

http://www.televisual.com/news-detai..._nid-1924.html
Old 07-01-2013, 15:46
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

Two political commentators just been on Sky News. They were talking about the Tory LibDem coalition. Borgen got a mention from one of them. Saying the goings on in our two party coalition is nothing compared to what happens on the show. That got a little laugh from all taking part.
barnsleykeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 15:51
Verence
Forum Member

Two political commentators just been on Sky News. They were talking about the Tory LibDem coalition. Borgen got a mention from one of them. Saying the goings on in our two party coalition is nothing compared to what happens on the show. That got a little laugh from all taking part.
Well that makes sense, things in Borgen would be more complicated as they have a 3-party coalition as opposed to the 2-party one we have
Old 07-01-2013, 15:52
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

I didn't recognise him.(Please - not the cone!!!!! Although I think Verence should be wearing that)

He played Krabbe according to IMDB. Who spent a lot of his time sparring with Birgitte IIRC. Who was played by Benedikte Hansen.

PS
How old is Birgitte's daughter now? 16-ish.
Old 07-01-2013, 15:56
Verence
Forum Member

I didn't recognise him.(Please - not the cone!!!!! Although I think Verence should be wearing that)

He played Krabbe according to IMDB. Who spent a lot of his time sparring with Birgitte IIRC. Who was played by Benedikte Hansen.

PS
How old is Birgitte's daughter now? 16-ish.
Were those two both politicians???
Old 07-01-2013, 16:16
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

Were those two both politicians???
Yes. Both politicians.

Krabbe was the right winger(People's Party?) in TK2. Nazi photo springs to mind. I've just watched the actor when he appears in episode 1 of TK2. I still wouldn't recognise him as Kruse.
Old 07-01-2013, 16:23
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

Doing a rewatch - nothing else on(the TV that is)

First minute of the first episode. Kasper is on the phone to someone. He doesn't want to talk about the EU. That is not sexy election material.
Old 07-01-2013, 16:27
Verence
Forum Member

Yes. Both politicians.

Krabbe was the right winger(People's Party?) in TK2. Nazi photo springs to mind. I've just watched the actor when he appears in episode 1 of TK2. I still wouldn't recognise him as Kruse.
Didn't he try to claim that his father had been a resistance fighter who was imprisioned by the Germans??
Old 07-01-2013, 16:33
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

Didn't he try to claim that his father had been a resistance fighter who was imprisioned by the Germans??
That's the guy.
Old 07-01-2013, 16:41
Normandie
Forum Member

I was recently berated (not on DS) because I commented about Dan Stevens' Matthew Crawley character being dead at the end of the Downton Christmas special. Some numpty declared that a spoiler because although she had watched the episode and that scene, she was busy convincing herself he wasn't really dead. Good grief! Happily she was shouted down by the majority...

Anyway, what I came here to say was... I haven't seen the first Borgen and no doubt there are all sorts of continuity things between S1 and this that I'm not "getting" but as far as enjoying it as a standalone series, there's no problem. It's excellent and I don't feel I can't catch up just because I don't have the foundation of the first series to build on.

This is the first of the Scandinavian series I've been able to watch (usually working on Saturday evenings and I never manage to catch up with anything I tape) and it is very enjoyable.
Normandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 16:43
TelevisionUser
Forum Member

First time viewer of this. Also late to TK only watching last series. But The Bridge was my hook and am thoroughly intrigued by Scandi drama now.

Fell asleep watching episode 2 on recording about 2am and will watch tonight. However it was bizarre to see the PM(TK) reduced to car sales and that the one portrayed in this show seems to work very small hours and actually tries to have a normal divorced family life. She seems unconvincing in depth and emotionally torn. However, will see how series plays out and having not seen the evolution from series one, accept I may be misjudging things.
LOL , I noticed that straight away, Woodentop, and it is a bit of a come down!

Seriously though, Denmark only has a population of 5.6 million so some of the same actors will eventually crop up in different Danish series.

I like both episodes and they do actually show the dilemmas that a smaller nation and its prime minister faces even if some of the issues relate to own goal back-stabbing such as that displayed by opportunist snake in the grass Jacob Kruse who did not pass on the information about Bent Sejrĝ's embolism history - that was truly appalling personal and political conduct.
TelevisionUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 16:45
Verence
Forum Member

Amusing really as Lars "Troels Hartman" Mikklesen and his brother Mads both appeared in Flame and Citron a film about the Danish resistance as did Flemming Enevold who played Colonel Dad in TK2 and Peter Mygind who plays Laugesen in Borgen
Old 07-01-2013, 16:45
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

I was recently berated (not on DS) because I commented about Dan Stevens' Matthew Crawley character being dead at the end of the Downton Christmas special. Some numpty declared that a spoiler because although she had watched the episode and that scene, she was busy convincing herself he wasn't really dead. Good grief, serious denial! Happily she was shouted down by the majority...

Anyway, what I came here to say was... I haven't seen the first Borgen and no doubt there are all sorts of continuity things I'm not "getting" but as far as enjoying it as a standalone series, there's no problem. It's excellent and I don't feel I can't catch up just because I don't have the foundation of the first series to build on.

This is the first of the Scandinavian series I've been able to watch (usually working on Saturday evenings and I never manage to catch up with anything I tape) and it is very enjoyable.
Season 1 was basically crisis of the week plus the story of Birgitte's family life, Kasper's unhappy childhood and Katrine's social life. Her and Kasper were an item. Kasper's reference to his stuff being in storage in the South of France will not be relevant to people who haven't seen season 1.
Old 07-01-2013, 16:47
Verence
Forum Member

LOL , I noticed that straight away, Woodentop, and it is a bit of a come down!
:
I really didn't recognise Statsminister Kampervan!!
Old 07-01-2013, 16:50
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

Amusing really as Lars "Troels Hartman" Mikklesen and his brother Mads both appeared in Flame and Citron a film about the Danish resistance as did Flemming Enevold who played Colonel Dad in TK2 and Peter Mygind who plays Laugesen in Borgen
Is that a film you would recommend V? It's available to rent from LoveFilm if so.

Peter Mygind was in TK3 of course. He played the Prosecutor who interviewed Sarah.
Old 07-01-2013, 16:53
Verence
Forum Member

Is that a film you would recommend V? It's available to rent from LoveFilm if so.

Peter Mygind was in TK3 of course. He played the Prosecutor who interviewed Sarah.
I found it very interesting

So Mygind was a member of the Rat Squad in TK3 and plays a rodent in Borgen
Old 07-01-2013, 16:56
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

I found it very interesting

So Mygind was a member of the Rat Squad in TK3 and plays a rodent in Borgen
LOL
I can see Katrine or Hanne giving Laugesen a slap before too long. Or maybe Hanne will deck him with the Berlin Wall?

Ordered the film, thanks.
Old 07-01-2013, 17:04
the_lostprophet
Forum Member

I know this wasn't addressed to me but I really liked that film when it was shown on BBC4 a while back!
the_lostprophet is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 17:14
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

I know this wasn't addressed to me but I really liked that film when it was shown on BBC4 a while back!
Butting in from you TLP is always welcome.

I thought I recognised the film title. I must have missed it when it was on BBC before. Or maybe my Troels allergy kicked in and I blanked it?

Ordered it now from LF.

Sidse Babett Knudsen has lost a fair bit of weight from when she was in season 1.

There's a page on a website dedicated to her feet. It takes all sorts I suppose.
Old 07-01-2013, 17:19
minkski
Forum Member

Happy New Year peeps xx

Still not caught up with Borgen yet, but it's sitting pretty on my PVR
minkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 17:23
barnsleykeith
Forum Member

Happy New Year peeps xx

Still not caught up with Borgen yet, but it's sitting pretty on my PVR
Right back at you minks.

Hope you escaped all the flooding and pestilence that was going round.

Have you seen Season 1?
Old 07-01-2013, 17:27
Verence
Forum Member

Butting in from you TLP is always welcome.

I thought I recognised the film title. I must have missed it when it was on BBC before. Or maybe my Troels allergy kicked in and I blanked it?

Ordered it now from LF.

Sidse Babett Knudsen has lost a fair bit of weight from when she was in season 1.

There's a page on a website dedicated to her feet. It takes all sorts I suppose.
I think Flame and Citron was shown on the Beeb just after TK2 had finished which is why I was able to recognise Colonel Dad