Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Lewis - New Series

Old 07-01-2013, 21:29
holly berry
Forum Member

It probably costs a lot to produce - anyone know how overseas sales stand up? Saw it in France whilst on holiday there last year. Maybe all eggs are going in the Endeavour basket?
holly berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-01-2013, 21:30
Flukie
Forum Member

As for Hathaway not being in one episode there is previous for this as Lewis didn't appear in one episode of Morse, the one where Morse was in hospital and tried to solve a Victorian murder.

If KW wants to come back but LF doesn't then they could just do a Midsommer Murders and give Lewis a new sidekick
Kevin actually decided to leave Morse at that time, which was why he didn't do the Wench is Dead. He wasn't going to do anymore.

He only went back cos the one after that was the last one.

I cant see Kevin doing it without Lawrence, even as one offs, not when he said about 3 years ago that he'd only go on doing Lewis as long as Lawrence wanted to do it.
Flukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 21:31
holly berry
Forum Member

Reading elsewhere Whatley wanted the ending left open in case he does specials but ITV wanted it given a wrap up and closure this year in case there are no more.

Does anyone else think they could
Spoiler
Yes - that could be fun or maybe they could introduce a female sidekick for Lewis?
Old 07-01-2013, 21:33
Flukie
Forum Member

Reading elsewhere Whatley wanted the ending left open in case he does specials but ITV wanted it given a wrap up and closure this year in case there are no more.

Does anyone else think they could
Spoiler
Well Robbie and Laura do finally get together in this series. Presumably as it ends, leaving them to their happy ending together.

I love Kevin's comment that Clare (Laura) was sick of feeling like there must be something wrong with Laura cos no one ever kissed her! lol
Old 07-01-2013, 21:38
holly berry
Forum Member

Is Fox wearing a wig or has he had a hair transplant?

"Just because I'm uncomfortable with it doesn't make it wrong"

So true.
Old 07-01-2013, 21:40
chrisii2011
Forum Member

ITV treat shows like Lewis,midsomer etc like cr*p! what good is it waiting a week to see the conclusion of a story? if they showed the next part the night after thats not too bad as it would be still fresh in your memory. But waiting a week is ridiculous
chrisii2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 21:48
malcy30
Forum Member

ITV treat shows like Lewis,midsomer etc like cr*p! what good is it waiting a week to see the conclusion of a story? if they showed the next part the night after thats not too bad as it would be still fresh in your memory. But waiting a week is ridiculous
As others have said I will be recording. Then just watching these in pairs so see the whole story. But no adverts and value to ITV as can just jump the adverts with my Humax.
malcy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 21:48
holly berry
Forum Member

loving the tarot reader and quadruple cat killer:

It's Frank, Frank McLean!
Old 07-01-2013, 21:50
chrisii2011
Forum Member

As others have said I will be recording. Then just watching these in pairs so see the whole story. But no adverts and value to ITV as can just jump the adverts with my Humax.
Ill buy the boxset when it comes out. Least ill be able to watch them properly with no interruptions
Old 07-01-2013, 21:59
holly berry
Forum Member

Intriguing cliffhanger - I'll be watching next week!
Old 07-01-2013, 22:04
wasa5livefan
Forum Member

Colin Dexter walking with a stick in the museum. I think he's been an extra in all the Morse's and Lewis's and even Endeavour.
wasa5livefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 22:07
Flukie
Forum Member

Is Fox wearing a wig or has he had a hair transplant?

"Just because I'm uncomfortable with it doesn't make it wrong"

So true.
Neither. His hair's just grown like that by the look ot it.

I was enjoying that when it ended abruptly! It's not the same cut into two.
Old 07-01-2013, 22:08
Flukie
Forum Member

Colin Dexter walking with a stick in the museum. I think he's been an extra in all the Morse's and Lewis's and even Endeavour.
When we were first in the Musuem, I couldn't help thinking of the episode New tricks did some filming in there!
Old 07-01-2013, 22:18
Doghouse Riley
Forum Member

Lewis's first words to Hathaway are when they are in the latter's car, where he complains about the monotonous repetitive religious music on his car's CD.

This was immediately after I'd had to endure at least three and a half minutes of Barrington Phelong's monotonous background music during the opening credits, which seemed little more than the same four long notes played repetitively.

"What were the chances of that happening?"

Fortunately, there were times when there was no background music, I quite enjoyed those.
Doghouse Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 22:45
clara28
Forum Member

If Lewis doesn't end up with the nice pathologist lady I'll . . . . . . . . stamp my feet!
clara28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 22:45
catsitter
Forum Member

I had to laugh at the "Psychology Department" building - nothing like the real thing!

http://oscci.psy.ox.ac.uk/images-and.../image_preview
catsitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 23:29
alfster
Forum Member

He's been in nearly all of them but not all.
alfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:04
Yvie123
Forum Member

I know I'm being horribly superficial but Fox has lost that sweet bloom of youth and seems to be going through the motions tonight or maybe I just don't fancy him any more lol
Laurence Fox has absolutely made the series for me - Hathaway has been one of my favourite TV characters in a while - really well played and enigmatic.
I can't speak for last night's episode because like others, I'm recording and watching the 2 parter back to back, but I felt in the last series that the writers sort of lost who Hathaway was supposed to be to some extent, and also that Fox was already preparing to sign off from the role; Not that he was suddenly awful to watch, but just that he was maybe a tiny bit jaded.

That said, I'm not really looking forward to the episode where he doesn't feature, and I hope somewhere down the line, Lewis and Hathaway are reunited on screen again - maybe after a few years break - I'll miss them!
Yvie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:37
Lindsey T
Forum Member

I'm hoping you guys can help me out here, this driving me insane - who is the actress who played Polly's mum ???? I know I know her, and well, but just can't get it !
Lindsey T is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 13:44
Doghouse Riley
Forum Member

I'm hoping you guys can help me out here, this driving me insane - who is the actress who played Polly's mum ???? I know I know her, and well, but just can't get it !
She'll be in the credits, if you can remember her character's surname (I can't) as it won't be the same as Polly's.

Digressing.

I noticed Leslie Vickerage had a "bit part" as Mrs Dutta in this episode. She was "high profile" at one time, (female lead in "Between the Lines") so I think we might be seeing more of her in part 2.
Old 08-01-2013, 13:49
chrisii2011
Forum Member

Emily Joyce
Old 08-01-2013, 13:51
catsitter
Forum Member

It was Emily Joyce who used to be in "My Hero" among many other things:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0431521/

(Her character didn't have the same surname as Polly, because Polly had her husband's surname.)
catsitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 14:29
Lindsey T
Forum Member

Thanks Everyone !!!!
Lindsey T is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 14:33
Doghouse Riley
Forum Member

It was Emily Joyce who used to be in "My Hero" among many other things:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0431521/

(Her character didn't have the same surname as Polly, because Polly had her husband's surname.)
Yes I did explain that earlier.
Old 08-01-2013, 15:50
The Gatherer
Inactive Member

And yet the viewing figures are 1m up on the start of the last series......
The Gatherer is offline   Reply With Quote