Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Elton John to be a Daddy Again

Old 10-01-2013, 11:09
gregsanison
Inactive Member

Soooo wrong! Babies are not for purchase especially designer ones that he has ordered!

If you have loads of money then your logic goes out of the window!
gregsanison is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:14
DiamondDoll
Inactive Member

Good luck to them.
I know the baby will be loved and well cared for.
DiamondDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:31
MissCulture
Inactive Member

Soooo wrong! Babies are not for purchase especially designer ones that he has ordered!

I agree. Infertile couples go through hell in the adoption process, but people like Mr and Mrs Rocket Man just get out the cheque book. Buying children is just wrong no matter how well looked after they'd be. They are being made to order and it is wrong
MissCulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:32
dee123
Forum Member

Yep. Cause' there has never been a poor person with no logic
This kid will be never have to worry about a meal or the clothes on his back. Ever. Who wouldn't want that? Congrats and good luck to them.
dee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:40
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

Good luck to them both.

Their children will be loved to bits and want for nothing.
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:41
Sealeg
Forum Member

Good luck to them, they seem like good guys and obviously the kid will never want for anything. It's a shame they weren't allowed to adopt the little orphan boy a couple of years ago though, wonder if that poor child is still in need of parents
Sealeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:49
*Cadhla*
Forum Member

Yet people slam women who are 'too old' when they have children?? I love the sickening double standards. So this pair waves the cheque book and that makes them automatically good parents?? Oh please. They are TOO OLD, they have DELIBERATELY denied their children the chance of having a mother (one of, if not the most, important relationships a child can have) and they BUY their children.

Yes, they sound like parents of the year.
*Cadhla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:11
Big Boy Barry
Forum Member

The bile on this thread is shocking.
Big Boy Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:16
Betty Britain
Forum Member

I say good luck to them both... Their children will be loved and never have to worry about anything. I don't understand the hate being directed at them for having a child...many gay couples adopt or have surigate mothers these days..
I do feel sorry for those who want a child but can't afford treatment but that doesn't mean those who can afford to do it should be made to feel guilty because they can.
Betty Britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:19
Daisy Bennyboots
Forum Member

Given the age of the parents, it's rather nice to think Zac will have a sibling who will always be there for him.
Daisy Bennyboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:21
jrmswfc
Forum Member

I feel sorry for them having to buy a new mansion to make room for the new arrival.

I won't have that option when my twins arrive to make us a family of 5 in a 3 bedroomed (with 2 of them being rather small) house.
jrmswfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:30
Jerrica09
Forum Member

It makes me laugh to hear people talking about the 'poor' babies. They'll never be poor, probably not in any sense of the word.
Jerrica09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:45
nittynattynoo
Forum Member

Their first little boy Is loved and they both seem like wonderful parents from what's been shown to the public eye, so what's wrong with them having another? I don't get what all the hate is about
nittynattynoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:46
Sloopy
Forum Member

Well, the children are going to want for nothing. They could well be very good parents.

But there's something about the modern baby making machine that is akin to almost picking designer cherubs out of a catalogue.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:57
Mandark
Forum Member

Elton's seed must be floating through the air like fungal spores!!
Mandark is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 13:04
cazzz
Forum Member

the first little boy looks exactly like Elton which I am sure that he and David see as both of theirs. It would be nice if the second baby is Davids
cazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 13:06
2shy2007
Forum Member

the first little boy looks exactly like Elton which I am sure that he and David see as both of theirs. It would be nice if the second baby is Davids
ALL babies look like Elton

I wish them well, its always lovely to hear about a new baby
2shy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 13:20
lexi22
Inactive Member

I was thinking that too. Little Zach is such a mini-Elton! Such a cutie, that child.

Anyway, congrats to them, both seem to really relish fatherhood and are as entitled as anyone else to add to their family.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 13:38
Goldbear86
Inactive Member

Yet people slam women who are 'too old' when they have children?? I love the sickening double standards. So this pair waves the cheque book and that makes them automatically good parents?? Oh please. They are TOO OLD, they have DELIBERATELY denied their children the chance of having a mother (one of, if not the most, important relationships a child can have) and they BUY their children.

Yes, they sound like parents of the year.
I agree about the fact that if it were a female she would be criticised. It is double standards.
Goldbear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 13:55
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

They sound very close to their surrogate and have used the same lady again.

A question for the FM's posting bile - just how do you expect two gay men to have children? Ask The Stork? Make a wish and look in the cabbage patch/gooseberry bush?

Or is it just that you don't like the idea of gay men becoming parents?
Old 10-01-2013, 14:05
Azura's Star
Forum Member

They sound very close to their surrogate and have used the same lady again.

A question for the FM's posting bile - just how do you expect two gay men to have children? Ask The Stork? Make a wish and look in the cabbage patch/gooseberry bush?

Or is it just that you don't like the idea of gay men becoming parents?
I think you're probably right unfortunately-people do seem more upset about the fact that they are gay than their ages.
As far as I can see,both children were planned,wanted and will grow up in a home where their parents love them,and each other - sounds pretty good to me.

As for the double standards thing - I seem to remember that when the guy who played Scotty in the original Star Trek tv series and his wife had their last child he was almost 80.
There were a lot more people congratulating him "for still having lead in his pencil" than there were saying that he was selfish.
Azura's Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 14:08
downtonfan
Forum Member

I support gay co-parenting but Elton is 66 years old. At that age, it's selfish to want to raise a child.
downtonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 14:11
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

I support gay co-parenting but Elton is 66 years old. At that age, it's selfish to want to raise a child.
David is only 50.

If anything happened to one of them, the other would still be around. The amount of love and care that can be provided is far more important than the parent's age.
Old 10-01-2013, 14:20
Jon Ross
Forum Member

Anything that keeps Sir Elton too busy to be able to record and release another song has probably got to be a good thing.
Jon Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 14:24
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

Anything that keeps Sir Elton too busy to be able to record and release another song has probably got to be a good thing.
I'm sure he's rich enough never to have to release another single or album ever again. He's one of the highest rated artists ever - so I doubt the fact you aren't a fan will make him lose any sleep.