Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Celebs who's looks have improved with age!

Old 14-01-2013, 17:39
degsyhufc
Forum Member

This woman was on a tv show the other week.

Guess her age
https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...Ha-a0QXpqYHQAg
degsyhufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 14-01-2013, 17:57
KimberleyEscada
Forum Member

I posted a pic a while back when her cheeks looked to be at bursting point. I mentioned in my post at the time that one of them looked like a cyst.

Unfortunately the photo is no longer available.
I think I remember this!
I tried looking for it too when I wrote the post you quoted, but couldn't find it or another to illustrate the point. It seems every now and again her cheeks suddenly plump up, looking very natural, and this is why I think she isn't being honest when she says she doesn't use fillers. It's fits in with someone having them topped up.
KimberleyEscada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 18:53
pink star 28
Forum Member

George cloony definitely gets better with age, he looked awful when he was younger.
pink star 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 19:05
Aaron1995
Forum Member

Jennifer Aniston.

Looks much better now than she did in the early years of Friends (I didn't like the weird 90's hairstyle).

Also, Kaley Cuoco gets hotter all the time.
Aaron1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 20:31
tuppencehapenny
Forum Member

Guess her age
She looks like she's had a whole lotta work done.
tuppencehapenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 21:44
waz101
Forum Member

Liz Sladen.

Jenny Agutter.

Bonnie Langford.

(only a coincidence that two are Dr Who companions)
Elizabeth Sladen did look pretty good but it seems strange to include her in a list of people who are aging well when she's been dead for nearly 2 years.

Pretty easy not to age once you are dead.
waz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 23:11
zx50
Forum Member

Guess her age
57 or over.
zx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 23:31
paperplanes_
Forum Member

Agree with Jennifer Aniston, Kayley Cucuco and George Clooney.

The picture of Cindy Jackson, I think she looks in her forties. (Albeit she's had work done so I'm not sure, she looks good for her age anyway, good for her!)
paperplanes_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 23:41
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

Guess her age
Easily Googled.

She's 56, and anyone would look that good after all the cosmetic surgery she's had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Jackson

http://www.cindyjackson.com/

Having the most cosmetic surgery in the world's nothing to be proud of imo.
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 09:18
Reddybook
Forum Member

Not that I'm a big fan of his, but, I think David Bowie has aged well. Not sure, if he has had work done, cosmetically, but he's looking good.
Reddybook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 10:11
Ella Nut
Forum Member

I'm not sure if she has had veneers or just had her natural teeth whitened?http://hot-searches.co.uk/tag/carol-vorderman-teeth

She claims not to use fillers but personally I think she does.

Not sure about the boob job as I'm struggling to find any older pics from her Countdown days to compare.
Searching the "name" and "teeth" will answer that question very easily.
Ella Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 10:11
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Not that I'm a big fan of his, but, I think David Bowie has aged well. Not sure, if he has had work done, cosmetically, but he's looking good.
Agree, he looks great. Teeth done. Blimey, I think I'm obsessed with teeth today.....
Old 15-01-2013, 11:52
codeblue
Forum Member

Linda Kozlowski !
codeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 11:58
Scarlett Berry
Forum Member

Linda Kozlowski !
Doesn't even look like herself anymore. Why, oh why do women do this to themselves. Crazy
Scarlett Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 12:16
codeblue
Forum Member

Doesn't even look like herself anymore. Why, oh why do women do this to themselves. Crazy
She has had an excellent result though.

She makes paul hogan look like paul daniels' dad!
codeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 20:05
alfster
Forum Member

Elizabeth Sladen did look pretty good but it seems strange to include her in a list of people who are aging well when she's been dead for nearly 2 years.

Pretty easy not to age once you are dead.
I nearly made that remark myself...I went by the view that the thread is people who have aged well generally.

Clive Dunn never seemed to age...but he always looked 70!
alfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 21:14
tiacat
Forum Member

ive noticed over the years that those people who have the stereotypical good looks (or what we consider in the west to be good looks) when young, ie the wide lips, baby looking face, big eyes, tend to look awful as they get older, think brigette bardot

on the other hand, those that have 'older' faces, ie a bit longer in the face, bigger noses, less symmetrical, tend to look better when they're older

pat phoenix is a good example, yes she had a face lift but her face suited her when she was older more than when she was younger
tiacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 03:00
Breege1
Forum Member

Jennifer Aniston.

Looks much better now than she did in the early years of Friends (I didn't like the weird 90's hairstyle).

Also, Kaley Cuoco gets hotter all the time.
It's not that she looks better with age, it appears to me that she just stopped aging in her mid twenties. She's a freak of nature.
Breege1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 11:01
misslibertine
Forum Member

It's not that she looks better with age, it appears to me that she just stopped aging in her mid twenties. She's a freak of nature.
She's still in her mid-20s-ish now isn't she? She's 27.
misslibertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 11:09
Ella Nut
Forum Member

ive noticed over the years that those people who have the stereotypical good looks (or what we consider in the west to be good looks) when young, ie the wide lips, baby looking face, big eyes, tend to look awful as they get older, think brigette bardot

on the other hand, those that have 'older' faces,[b] ie a bit longer in the face, bigger noses, less symmetrical, tend to look better when they're older[/B

]pat phoenix is a good example, yes she had a face lift but her face suited her when she was older more than when she was younger
I absolutely entirely agree with this. I have always considered good, strong bone structure to be key to maintaining looking good (taking away the option of surgery). Be that cheekbones, nose, chin, whatever. I find the whole symmetrical thing very offputting anyway.
Old 16-01-2013, 11:49
wilehelmas
Forum Member

I absolutely entirely agree with this. I have always considered good, strong bone structure to be key to maintaining looking good (taking away the option of surgery). Be that cheekbones, nose, chin, whatever. I find the whole symmetrical thing very offputting anyway.
Nope. It's plump cheeks, as Lorraine says.

Nowt to do with cheekbones because when muscle goes you are left with hawkish hollow cheeks.

If you keep your natural fat content on yer face (basically retain collagen for as long as possible) you can keep young-looking.

Facial exercise helps too to maintain muscle mass and form.
wilehelmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 12:24
Demizdeeroolz
Forum Member

on the other hand, those that have 'older' faces, ie a bit longer in the face, bigger noses, less symmetrical, tend to look better when they're older

pat phoenix is a good example, yes she had a face lift but her face suited her when she was older more than when she was younger
I agree, her face was less rounded with age and she had great cheekbones, mouth and eyes.

I also think Lorraine Kelly has improved with age.

Of the Take That boys Howard Donald has improved the most in my opinion.
Demizdeeroolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 12:53
Ella Nut
Forum Member

Nope. It's plump cheeks, as Lorraine says.

Nowt to do with cheekbones because when muscle goes you are left with hawkish hollow cheeks.

If you keep your natural fat content on yer face (basically retain collagen for as long as possible) you can keep young-looking.

Facial exercise helps too to maintain muscle mass and form.
I know being overweight helps because quite a lot of fat people look facially younger than their years. So, if a face is plump due to excess weight, then yes, that works Sorry, good bone structure is a factor and having good cheekbones helps I don't mean razor-sharp, I just mean having a structured look to your face, rather than that baby-doll face previously mentioned. You'd only be left with hawkish hollow cheeks if you were too thin anyway.

I have high-ish cheekbones, and trust me, they're keeping everything propped up and everyone says I look younger than my age (45). My dad also has the same cheekbone/facial structure and at 71 he looks nowhere near that either. No hollow look for either of us.
Old 16-01-2013, 13:45
Porcupine
Forum Member

I have high cheekbones and when i smile my cheeks look chipmonk like. I hate smiling in photos now, but as i get older im sure i will appreciate my apple cheeks.
Porcupine is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 23:12
amyawake
Forum Member

Zoe Wannamaker.
Isn't that after she's had some "work" done though? If so, that doesn't count.
amyawake is offline   Reply With Quote