Options

Drunk kiss with married woman.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
Forum Member
I have never asked for advice online before but here goes. The problem is exactly what it says on the tin really. She initiated it and caught me by surprise. There were no tounges but it lingered for two or three seconds. I kissed back then pulled off. I know it is not a massive thing but we've not spoken since and I really hope I haven't caused her problems. Is this a big deal? Would you care if it was your partner? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the only two people who know about it are both of you, leave it at that. It's something that will cause more problems than it's worth, so it's not worth the hassle.

Nothing (i assume) happened afterwards and nothing since, so just put it down to a drunken mistake and move on.
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never get involved with a married woman because it will all end in tears. I had an affair 3 years ago and my wife found out and I am now living alone in a flat and my kids don't want to know me. The woman concerned left me and went back to her husband because she decided I was too immature. Biggest mistake of my life I wish I could turn back the clock:cry:
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you were drunk and you don't have any feelings for her, I wouldn't worry about it.

People do all kinds of stupid things when drunk.
  • Options
    joijijoiji Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd ask Freeman for his expert advice, he's a sex god, and knows all about women, apparently:rolleyes:
  • Options
    SchadenfreudSchadenfreud Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joiji wrote: »
    I'd ask Freeman for his expert advice, he's a sex god, and knows all about women, apparently:rolleyes:

He'll probably read this and think you mean it :D
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 seconds, no tongues ... that's not a snog, it's a peck goodnight. Move along, nothing to see here ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cheers all. I think it was slightly more than a peck, as I said it lingered and it wouldn't be something you'd do to a family member. I think I'd be upset if I were him. But yeah, nothing to worry about?
  • Options
    CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have committed a mortal sin. I can only hope the Lord has mercy on you come Judgement Day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homewrecker
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazz88 wrote: »
    But yeah, nothing to worry about?

The only thing that will cause a problem is if she decides she wants to come clean and confess her "sin". But the fact you haven't heard anything suggests she's probably of the same mind that it was a one-off drunken moment of stupidity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're single and she came on to you, it's not your place to worry about it. To be honest I agree with others - it barely counts as a snog. However I suggest you try not to make a habit of it, it was only a peck this time, but a full blown affair would hurt so many people it's just not worth it. If you see her again, there's nothing wrong with asking "so what was that about? Are you unhappy with your marriage because getting off with other guys isn't the answer". Or just leave it and stay away from women who are taken from now on, you dirty dog :p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha. Thanks. Especially for the p**s takes just what I needed to make me realise it's not a big deal. At least not for me. I'll try and take it as an ego boost and move on.
  • Options
    Hootenanny123Hootenanny123 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    If your not married, but she is, she is taking the risk. You have nothing to worry about. She is responsible.
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazz88 wrote: »
    I have never asked for advice online before but here goes. The problem is exactly what it says on the tin really. She initiated it and caught me by surprise. There were no tounges but it lingered for two or three seconds. I kissed back then pulled off. I know it is not a massive thing but we've not spoken since and I really hope I haven't caused her problems. Is this a big deal? Would you care if it was your partner? Thanks

I had this with my sister-inlaw, at xmas time, at my brothers for xmas dinner, and his wife has had more than a few wines

Having had to much to drink, she tried to come on to me, for petes sake, your my brothers wife, had to push her of

Next morning she had one hell of a hang over, and had some idea of what had happened, we met later on at my mums, and she appologized for her behaviour
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Everyone makes mistakes so i wouldnt worry to much as your not the one who is married but on the other hand you should have knocked her back if you did know she was in a relationship with someone else. Just make sure it doesnt happen again but i wouldnt feel to bad, just make sure you keep your distance from this person for abit until things settle down:)
  • Options
    misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At a former works party years ago when I was single, I snogged a married colleague on the dance floor. We were both very 'tired and emotional'

Talking serious tonsil talk here.

We also had a grope in the shared taxi home.:o

I may sound a complete git here, but, I was young and free, and she was older, and I presume knew the score.

Next day was a bit awkward, but we had a quiet chat and cleared the air; no real harm done, forget it ever happened sort of thing.

All fine until we had another works do, with partners invited this time, and I met her husband, a really nice, top bloke.

I felt like a complete turd. I don't think the events were all my fault, but I should have known better.
  • Options
    Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's no big deal - I'd forget it and move on.
  • Options
    Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're single then you have done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about it OP. Plenty of people have done daft things on a night out with no harm done.

I was out with a work crowd before Christmas when a guy from another department who I vaguely know was leaving at the same time as me. We walked to the station together and, when we got there, he grabbed me and kissed me full on. I was taken aback but made a bit of a joke of it.

Monday when he'd sobered up, he emailed me to apologize and we're both absolutely ok with each other. No harm done and no one else ever has to know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks all. It seems that some people did see what happened (including one of her best mates) as the rumour mill has been in overdrive and for the past day or so I have been fielding questions along the lines of 'I heard you got off with ___________, isn't she married?' I don't want to talk about it as this really needs to be swept under the rug so I've tried to deflect these away as best I can. Plus if I spout off about how she came on to me it might get quite embarassing for her which I really don't want. We'll have to see how it progresses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    If you're single and she came on to you, it's not your place to worry about it. To be honest I agree with others - it barely counts as a snog. However I suggest you try not to make a habit of it, it was only a peck this time, but a full blown affair would hurt so many people it's just not worth it. If you see her again, there's nothing wrong with asking "so what was that about? Are you unhappy with your marriage because getting off with other guys isn't the answer". Or just leave it and stay away from women who are taken from now on, you dirty dog :p.

Wait till her husband finds out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gerr60 wrote: »
    Wait till her husband finds out.

I'd let him lamp me
  • Options
    harry hamsterharry hamster Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    I had this with my sister-inlaw, at xmas time, at my brothers for xmas dinner, and his wife has had more than a few wines

Having had to much to drink, she tried to come on to me, for petes sake, your my brothers wife, had to push her of

Next morning she had one hell of a hang over, and had some idea of what had happened, we met later on at my mums, and she appologized for her behaviour

I can well understand your Mum wanting to apologize.